Since some want KARR & Garthe to return, how about this?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Since some want KARR & Garthe to return, how about this?

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:51 pm

I originally wrote this in response to a few post on another site when the discussion turned to Garthe and KARR and how people wanted them back and I know some here do as well. Since I'm feeling bored and lazy I went through this and tweaked it a little, it's going to pretty much remain unchanged in the idea but fleshed out a little and some little errors fixed. This was basically a reply to to some posts and why I wouldn't want either but then I came about trying to work both in. There was even talk of April returning as a villain but that doesn't work for me at all and I'm sure Rebbecca Holden wouldn't return for that, so I gave that role to a little more fitting character. If need be either April, Bonnie or both could've been kidnapped to "help out" with the bad guys' plans.

I've thought of the Garthe angle with his getting a hold of KARR as well as I'm sure many have. Yeah his CPU might have survived and for whatever reason the Foundation didn't get a hold of it after he was destroyed and kept it, it might for whatever reason have been lost after the original show, but it's just stretching things too far. I could see their work on trying to reprogram it but maybe being unable to due to KARR's programming being "hard coded" into his CPU. Maybe the plans for the new KITT were stolen and they'd go the "twin" route again. But I dunno, it would have to be an amazingly well written episode.

As for Garthe, he remains dead, D-E-A-D, dead. But as I was thinking about the other night, he could have off spring. I just don't want him to return, we don't need Hasslehoff with a soul patch again. Anyway, what I came up with is this as a backstory to what would happen.

Shortly before the events of Goliath Returns Garthe had a fling with some woman who ended up having twins, a girl and a boy. Their mother, ashamed of who Garthe was didn't tell them who there father is until they were older, the son having this notion that his father was really the good guy left home and adopted "Knight" as a surname. He tried to get his sister to join him but she refused so he leaves and she stays, the brother and sister's relationship is strained and they have little to no communication.

So then several years go by and the sister (who wants nothing to do with her "father" or his legacy) starts working for a company that does business for the FLAG where she meets Mike, she becomes a semi-regular and they at some point start dating. Neither of them know that their fathers were enemies until the day her brother finally emerges as part of a group that's gone to break into FLAG to steal their secrets and that leads to Mike having to hunt them down. He catches what he thinks is all of them and recovers the missing data/merchandise or most of it... He and KITT somehow miss "Garthe Jr" (who would look nothing like Mike, especially since they share no DNA) who gets into an awaiting vehicle. The voice ask him if he got it to which he replies by handing over what he stole, the items include the original formula for the Knight Compound/MBS, designs for the new KITT (which apparently are lazily stored) and KARR's CPU. The voice which is that of an old woman says "good" and we get the reveal that it's the now very old and still very pissed Elizabeth Knight! But we still wouldn't know who he is until the next appearance.

The fallacy in all this would be that they build a new and improved KARR still remains technologically inferior to the new KITT despite having blue prints, say they don't have the budget but they can use them to try and find a weakness. To me it would be a little more enjoyable than there being even playing field or the bad guy having the upper hand. As much as I liked KARR, there's just a time where he pretty much needs to be put in his place and have a realization that he's now an obsolete prototype. Of course that's not to say he couldn't have a vast amount of improvements, along with a new body but in the end still less advanced than the KI3K. Elizabeth Knight (who obviously would be very very old) or whomever she's allied with shouldn't have the resources to put together a car that is superior or even equal. She pretty much tells "Junior" what he wants to hear and manipulates him. As for where she'd get her money, I really don't know how to go about that, maybe someone else supports her and a part of their arrangement had to do with whomever is backing her having a deal regarding what was stolen. Though after all these years I dunno how it'd work unless she's in Jennifer's good graces... I can't remember, were Jennifer and Garth only half siblings or did they share the same mother as well?

Anyway, it could be a multi-episode arc where they go off to do something else while the "bad guys" get things together. I don't think I need to tell anyone where this would go, it's fairly predictable. The Garthe having kids thing would fit with Mike's age perfectly if going by the original air date for the Goliath Returns episode(s).

Perhaps Jennifer Knight could have kids of her own and if not be the head of FLAG, be the head of Knight Industries, if it still exist and there could be friction somewhere between her kids and Mike or maybe everything has smoothed over after all these years. Everything would be a bit convoluted but as long as the show isn't overly serious, hopefully people would look past it. If anyone cares I'll expand on this more later, I already did quite a bit more than some tweaking though the basics are the same. Anyway, I've been up for way too long and I need sleep.. :karr:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knighthazzard
Recruit

Re: Since some want KARR & Garthe to return, how about this?

Post by knighthazzard » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:14 pm

I really like the Story you have come up with Phoenixzero and this could potentially be used as a story arc should the movie go to a series... particularly the introduction of Garthe Knights children and lack of Tracers\ FLAGS knowledge of their family background

As for Elizabeth Knights finances: - she has shown herself to be a good manipulator of people so she could have used that to her advantage to gain her good fortune.... Either that or she secured a substancial Divorce settlement from Wilton Knight!- lol :wink:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:53 pm

True and she probably was in prison for some time though I see her as probably getting out sometime after the original series ended, probably thanks to bribing or having influence with the right people.

Personally I wouldn't mind at all if they borrowed anything from my post above, though writers and everyone in production typically stays away from these kinds of post due to the potential problems of the claim of taking someone else's idea(s). Usually you have to go through an agent to submit scripts or ideas to studios and can't just go and say "hey, I wrote and thought of this and this, take a look at it, use it and pay me".
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:40 pm

If I remember correctly, Jennifer Knight & Garth were full syblings after all she refers to him being her brother in the 4th Season Premiere and is obviously bothered with Michael Knight having Garth's face. Now they could do a Garth Knight by creating him digitally by having the Hoff getting his body and face scanned into a computer that way David wouldn't have to play both characters...as far as KARR, He could be recreated by Charles, and stolen by Garth's children and reprogrammed to destroy the Knight Industries Three Thousand and FLAG considering Charles is recreating the very organization which snubbed him as the prototype that may or may not have been given to Michael Knight originally...just my fanfiction thoughts running..speaking of which, gotta write more on my Knight Rider: Resurrection fanfic!!!!!!!!!!!off to write!
Charles Edward Untz III

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:24 pm

Yay! I'm bumping my five month old topic because I don't recall seeing your post here. But uhh, no.. Just no, Garthe needs to stay dead. One evil twin or former twin in KARR is enough and even still I'm not sure if KARR should be brought back anyway. I dunno why you brought up Jennifer and Garthe and their being siblings since I didn't make mention of their being together resulting in these kids but both of them having off spring of their own. Knight Rider should remain a incest free zone though now with Mike's future in the series, it does probably make one idea there not work so well... Though it shouldn't be that big a deal since they wouldn't be related or know about each other, then again if she knew her father's name then yeah, wouldn't work, could result in a little humor, probably offend some people while as well. >_>

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:31 pm

this thread ties in with my reply to the other KARR topic...