I have what some of you are looking for.

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

I have what some of you are looking for.

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:33 pm

For those of you that just cannot wait till february to find out real details about the backdoor pilot...

Send your inquiries to me via PMs so others will remain spoiler free. I have most of the answers you are searching for. I cannot guarantee your responses will be 100% accurate because things can change during production on a project, but they'll be as accurate as you're going to get at this time.

Limit, two questions per person. I do not want to get swamped. Please do not ask me where I received my information, do not ask me to give it to you, and do not ask me personal questions that are not related to the backdoor pilot.

I will accept inquiries via PMs until the 25th of January. After that time, you're on your own.

The choice is yours.

=VK=
:dash:

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: I have what some of you are looking for.

Post by neps » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:23 pm

I'm not sure this is the right type of thing we want to be advertising on this site.

First off - it's something that isn't publicly available, so is it considered illegal to discuss it until the time that it isn't? I'd bet if the person who leaked it was found out they'ld get in serious trouble. And besides, the script was reviewed months ago - I'd say with confidence you're not the only one on the forum that has seen it.

Secondly - I'm not sure what you're angle is here. You posted the earlier thread to show your connections. But is it fair to the NBC project to have someone who has a very vocal bias against it giving opinions about the script in a fair manner? Would you want Shapeshifter or us to do the same to Glen's script? I don't think you would.

But instead of just putting out open calls for people to PM you, what I'd really be interested in is your opinion of it. You've had a lot of negativity towards it, and you're in a difficult position not to be biased - but I'm curious if you could give a fans review of it - and not with any position of superiority cause you believe your film to be better.

I guess as a fan of all things Knight Rider - I'd hope that as much as I know you to have a dislike about everything the NBC project stands for - that once you saw the actual show you would see the positive things this show has and maybe even enjoy it a little; as a fan yourself.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:51 pm

Well I'am happy to see that I'am not the only one with concerns in reguards to this. Hopefully this can be cleared up soon.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:10 pm

First off - it's something that isn't publicly available, so is it considered illegal to discuss it until the time that it isn't? I'd bet if the person who leaked it was found out they'ld get in serious trouble. And besides, the script was reviewed months ago - I'd say with confidence you're not the only one on the forum that has seen it.
- Yes it has been discussed all over the net. Your point is what exactly? It's only illegal to discuss it if I work for the studio and am under some NDA, clearly I do not. See that's where you have double standards because you have no problems when someone like Shapeshifter leaks casting details before they're announced and production details but when I do it it's a crime. If his people were found they'd be in serious trouble too which is why we both keep our sources annonymous. This is not about him, other then to say he's not the only one with inside sources on the subject.
Secondly - I'm not sure what you're angle is here. You posted the earlier thread to show your connections. But is it fair to the NBC project to have someone who has a very vocal bias against it giving opinions about the script in a fair manner? Would you want Shapeshifter or us to do the same to Glen's script? I don't think you would.
- I have objected to the design choices of the NBCU pilot. I have not been vocally baised because I have backed up my objects with SOLID EVIDENCE of why I feel the way I do. You're trying to instigate a conflict that does not exist and that's hypocritical on your part. You don't know what opinions I am giving to the questions people are asking, your assumption is your mistake in your objections.

My angle is simple...give the people what they want to know if they wish to hear it.
But instead of just putting out open calls for people to PM you, what I'd really be interested in is your opinion of it. You've had a lot of negativity towards it, and you're in a difficult position not to be biased - but I'm curious if you could give a fans review of it - and not with any position of superiority cause you believe your film to be better.
- If you assume that everything I say will be baised to make the pilot look bad, there is no point in me posting a public review of what it is because you already will dismiss the points I would honestly address about it and they would most likely spoil too much to explain. I have rarely ever publically stated that our feature film is superior to the NBCU pilot in terms of it's story. I have questioned it from an artistic and developmental point of view mostly regarding the car. The only thing I have said is that the project was and looks rushed. I have also stated said opinions as a fan "outside of camps."
I guess as a fan of all things Knight Rider - I'd hope that as much as I know you to have a dislike about everything the NBC project stands for - that once you saw the actual show you would see the positive things this show has and maybe even enjoy it a little; as a fan yourself.
- I don't have to dislike everything the NBCU project stand for or I wouldn't bother to explain "as a fan outside of camps" this is how I feel, there would be no point. If I see the actual show and it impresses me, I'll go on record to say what I did like about it as well as what I didn't. I will tell you that as a story it's better then the campy nonsense of Knight Rider 2000, but it doesn't feel like Knight Rider on paper. It feels like some other show featuring a guy who drives a somewhat super-advanced car that can talk...other then that it's a different tone and a different theme entirely. You will understand more when it airs.

The bottom line is you have no control over what I choose to do in private whether you agree with it or not. You've told me that people on this site like, "All things Knight Rider" and to show that I can be impartial, I'm giving people WHO WANT TO KNOW details a chance to hear them IN PRIVATE where it will not spoil things for people who do not want to know specific details - other then the tidbit I posted which is now removed.

If I wanted to completely sabotage the backdoor pilot, I would post the entire Michael Knight sequence and completely destroy mystique of his appearance. I would also post in extensive detail everything KITT does and what he won't do...but I'm not that heartless or ruthless.

You have no grounds to protest my choices because I choose to give the people what they want in private, while you choose to censor it in public.

You should have taken this private, now it's a public matter I didn't create.

=VK=

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:11 am

victor kros wrote:
You should have taken this private, now it's a public matter I didn't create.

=VK=
But you did, by creating this thread.

It's an open secret that you are on no good terms with the NBC movie, but some people want to watch it with an open mind. Hey, maybe we will enjoy it, that's our hope, that's why we wait.

So I understand why some have concerns about not only getting spoiled, but also being influenced by your opinion.

I don't know if it's legal or not, and that's not my point. But you are taking the part of the spoil sport, and this is not what fans are waiting for for over 20 years.

And before you justify yourself, you don't have to. No offense. I just wanted to say what I and maybe others thought about this matter.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:20 am

really Viktor, how would you feel if (say) Shapeshifter had gotten his hands on Larson's movie script and would offer to spoil all the details to anyone who asks? how would you react to it and what would Glen Larson think about that?

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:32 am

I have refrained from getting involved with all this because my input would only be gasoline on the fire.

I would just say this, for anyone getting information from Victor regarding the NBC pilot: Consider the Source.

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:51 am

So, to clarify, a guy who claims to work for Glen Larson has somehow gotten ahold of the NBCU script and has been posting excerpts and offering spoilers on a public website.

This at a time when not only are Larson and NBC are engaged in bitter litigation against each other (according to the same guy), but also when Neil has reported that KRO is definitely on NBC's official radar screen and no doubt there will be NBC PR types poking around to see how their interviews played.

That about sum it up?

Well, at least Victor's thought it through and isn't doing something incredibly stupid. I'll make popcorn...

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:51 pm

Shapeshifter - Your words are meaningless because you don't know what I'm saying in private and you don't have the intestinal fortitude to do what I have offered to do for fans WHO WANT TO KNOW. I took your power away and deep down that threatens you. Last time I checked you don't have access to a script remember? You've only read it. If you don't want to "add anything" because it's going to throw gasoline on the fire then (once again) DON'T COMMENT.

Mango19 - You're clueless, I'm not wasting my time with you after the last time I destroyed your observations. The lawsuit subject was locked already, I'm not getting back into it, stop beating a dead horse. You are and have always been an instigator for fueling conflict and so far, nothing more.

Kaine - Once the script is out of Glen and my possession, it becomes TWC's problem to deal with because as long as it's in our possession it won't be leaked to the public. The people who have access to it understand the concept of real geniune loyalty. Unfortunately with the internet these days it's extremely difficult to keep things entirely secret on a production because materials are handed off to many different people during the course of it.

If it leaks there's nothing we can do but know it wasn't our circle of friends who did it. Once it's out in the open, it's vulnerable to whatever people think of it. Then it is up to TWC to find out who leaked it and plug the source. This is a big reason that people given access to scripts are placed under NDA's (non disclosure agreements).

You can't blame me for how sloppy NBCU is with their security on this project. I mean really, they even let some average fan (allegedly) snap pictures of their "set" and plaster them all over the net. If it was Paramount or Sony, or *gasp* Disney, the images would have been taken down in a heartbeat.

I think you are confused between a "spoiler" and an "insider". A Spoiler will be the guy who goes out to Barnes and Noble the night a Harry Potter book is released and shouts out the ending to people waiting in line to buy it, or post it on every Harry Potter site they can find. That's a Spoiler...a guy who knows something in advance and completely ruins the surprise/climax/twist for anyone who hasn't seen/read it yet.

An Insider is someone who knows something about a movie and chooses how much they will reveal in advance of it's release and how they will say it. Some insiders go to popular movie sites and give their information that way, others put it up in their private blogs or go to IMDB and label the post with a spoilers warning

I am an Insider. I didn't post anything that ruins the backdoor pilot, nor paints it in a bad light with official material. I also didn't post more then a few lines ON THIS SITE (which was removed), while I gave an exclusive look to ANOTHER SITE with a spoiler tag warning attached so people HAVE A CHOICE whether to look or not.

That's respect for people who don't want things spoiled for them...that is what makes an insider a respectable person versus a spoiler who is at his core out to do one thing...ruin the fun for everyone.

Garthe Knight - People have a choice to ask me, if they wish to know in advance, I have a right to tell them the answer whether its positive or negative. I stated before I offered this as a gesture to show I can be impartial about it and whether you accept it or not, there are people out there who really do want to know what will happen before the show airs and guess what? VK actually has the generiosity to tell them if they ask.

Despite your commentary which is fair, I have no problems with you.

Nelson B - You don't step on my toes as much as annoy me for being a messenger boy for other boards but hey to each their own, exposure is exposure I guess as long as it's accurately portrayed.

None of you have a clue what responses are being made so all you can do is assume it's negative.

Let me make this crystal clear to all of you out there, I didn't create this thread and people had a choice to either ignore my comments on the other thread or respond to them. This was the decision that was made for me so that their other thread would remain pristine. I'm not stupid, you should have figured that out by now and I know exactly why this thread was created in the first place.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some more questions to answer in private because you know, that's what Insiders can do.

=VK=

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:41 pm

Once again Victor, you completely miss the point. This isn't about spoilers. This isn't about "sloppy security". This is about someone representing Glen Larson who doesn't have the professionalism to keep insider information to himself.

You are so quick to judge other people for selling out their morals. You acknowledge that leaked scripts are a problem in Hollywood Yet here you are, skirting around the letter of law saying "well I don't have a NDA so I can do what I want with the information." Now THAT is being a hypocrite.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:01 pm

See new post.

=VK=
Last edited by Victor Kros on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:43 pm

OK, this is just getting idiotic. Fortunately, there's an easy way to deal with this:

Michael, Neil, may I make a suggestion? Why not pack up all of Victor's posts and send them off to NBC's PR division and the Weinstein's head of PR and ask them to review his comments? IF NBC legal has any questions they want to ask Mr. Larson about the actions of his employee leaking their information, let them take it up with him. And if the Weinstein Company is satisfied with the way Victor has conducted himself as a "fan representative" and the way he's treated the KR fanbase, fine. If not, I'm sure they'll want to have a chat with Mr. Larson, too.

What Victor doesn't realize is that this is not about him, and, frankly, there's lots of folks out there who could do the "job" he's supposed to be doing without all the rants and tirades. You guys don't deserve this - it's time to call in the pros.

EDIT: I might add that since Victor has seen fit to involve you by using your website, members and PM system to distribute the NBC spoilers, you'll be completely within your rights to cover yourselves on this.
Last edited by Mango19 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:50 pm

so viktor, following your argument, shoplifting for example is okay as long as you're not caught in the act? because it's the stores fault that they don't have better security cameras or whatever?

i really thought you of all people would understand how annoying leaked scripts are and that you'd have the professionalism to keep any information you can get for yourself.

but once again you prove that you're in no way interested in Knight Rider or this comunity, all you want is throw dirt on NBCU, no matter the cost.

your behaviour is not acceptable and it really starts to cast a damning light on the Knight Rider movie produced by Glen Larsen and TWC.
ever heard the phrase "live and let live"? that's propably something you might want to think about when it comes to both new incarnations of Knight Rider.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:24 pm

In light of having a pleasent evening at my friend's birthday party I have had time to think through a few things that have been on my mind, and you will notice I have removed my last post towards Michael Pajaro of my own free will.

Michael, we don't always get along but I would like to publically apologize for my last post against you. You struck a nerve and I reacted accordingly. While I do not agree with the ugly picture you are trying to paint of my efforts as of late (outside of the KRO biased accusation thread), I would like to clear up some misunderstandings I think you have about what I'm doing and say I am sorry for the last statements made.

First off, people are trying to turn what was a act of sheer kindness into something ugly, which is was never meant to be in the first place. The bottom line is I gave people an option to ask me questions if they desired to do so. I didn't plaster the board with page after page of spoiler material or ruin anything remotely substantial to the pilot which would in fact destroy it's possible ratings.

I've kept everything that would be considered a make or break scenerio for this pilot a secret in the public eye. I have the capacity to destroy everything they're doing but I have more professionalism then that and more importantly respect. So DO NOT EVER accuse me again of being baised because I believe differently then they do or other people on this board.

I've explained I'm an Insider, not a Spoiler. These comparisons to shoplifting are both petty and pathetic. I'm not shopping their script around and selling it to the highest bidder and I am not giving it out to people who ask for it. I am answering specific questions people ask me that WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER and if you don't like that, well tough, don't ask me any questions.

I'm not going to post any of the answers I've given.

Kaine your statements are entirely out of context and out of line but I made some comments that were also out of line to Michael so I believe that makes us even. It's "Victor" btw.

Mango19, you are trouble. Always have been and always will be. I'm going to add you to my "foes" list and be done with you. In the entire time I have seen your commentary, it's been mostly negative to spur on other people's conflicts.

This matter does not concern you, it never did.

People who say that expressing my opinion which has nothing to do with the feature film hurts it, well if you really feel that way that's just ignorance along with half the other excuses I've endured.

I stand by what I've chosen to do with the material and will continue to do so.

=VK=

young-nyc
Recruit

Post by young-nyc » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:44 am

From my reading and understanding,
victor is just offering people an opportunity to learn more about the NBCU backdoor pilot and nothing more.
He's doing so in private so that it doesn't spoil it for the others.

an analogy of this is if he knew what the final exams were going to be,
and instead of posting it for everyone to see, he merely gives others the opportunity to find out what it is, only if they are interested.

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:26 am

there's a difference, this is copyrighted material for a start! and after victor's actions on here as fo late, his intentions are definitely sketchy.

i agree with mango on this one kro, cover yourselves, you don't want to end up involved in any legal action!

(and this makes me laugh, all this "outside of either camp" nonsense, no you're not victor! that contradicts everything you have ever said, and continue to say on here lololol!!)
"I got better things to do tonight than die."

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 am

In the effort of trying to show support for coming to a resolution on these matters, I am closing this thread. Discussions will continue in private. Thank you.