OFFICIAL EXTERIOR KITT PHOTOS!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: OFFICIAL EXTERIOR KITT PHOTOS!

Post by seeker78 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:18 pm

Saleen version of the Mustang GT

http://saleen.com/downloads_burnout_mov.htm

stu73
Stranger

Post by stu73 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:04 pm

Sorry, I have to say that this new KITT is NOT KITT at all. Should've been a new character. I mean not even having the original voice? What's that gawd-awful snake badge about? Did you see KITT with the Firebird emblem? Did you ever see TA on KITT anywhere? em, NO! And those jock-friendly stripes!!! Looks like something the chavs (in UK) would salivate over.

Lose the lot.

Bl**dy Ford. I cant believe what they've done. Viper looks far more cooler. Yes, even the red one! (never thought I'd admit to that)

In plain english, put it up against KARR and we'll see that you cant triumph over a prototype... :karr:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:52 am

Uhhhh, it is going to be a new character, it's not the Knight Industries Two-Thousand, it's Knight Industries Three-Thousand.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

stu73
Stranger

Post by stu73 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:32 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Uhhhh, it is going to be a new character, it's not the Knight Industries Two-Thousand, it's Knight Industries Three-Thousand.

well thank who ever for that. I might even watch it now... :kitt2:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:05 am

Yeah, it's not a reboot thankfully. If it was I probably wouldn't give it a chance either, Bionic Woman was bad enough.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Phrack
Stranger

Post by Phrack » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:04 am

First... I apologize. I'm 26 years old, and I've been a fan of the franchise since I was a five year old boy, sitting in front of the television in the evenings, being yelled at to eat my mashed potatoes. I went ahead and created an account, because news of the new movie/series has drawn me out of the woodwork, and like any fan, I couldn't help but investigate a little.

As far as the apology... I'll offer it in advance, because it's not my intention to offend. I just want to express my opinion on the subject as well. After that, do what you want to with it or choose to ignore it completely.

--

The original Knight Rider used a Trans Am, which was a model of car that had been around for some time and was hardly what anyone at the time would've considered advanced in the least. Trans Ams had already been used for a slew of other television shows and movies, and the concept wasn't that original... but in the pilot, when it was explained to Michael that they'd taken his personal car and added the modifications that made it KITT, I (and I presume each of you too) could accept it.

The Shelby is no different to me. It is a model of car that has been around for some time, that's not incredibly rare, but not so common that the car would become an eyesore, and has been used for other movies and television shows. I honestly don't mind them using it... it's a nice car, and a lot of the arguments I've read here about its use could have also been used against the old Trans Am for the original KITT.

The fact of the matter is that the car needs to be futuristic without being futuristic. It shouldn't be something that looks unlike ANYTHING else on the road, but it shouldn't be something that people can easily ignore either. I'm far more concerned about things like the cast's ability to act in this one, and the intricacy of the writer's storyline.

Believe me... I thought TKR would've lasted longer than it did... and it probably would have, had the writing/acting not sucked beyond belief. And the two motorcycles turning into one didn't help... just looked like something out of the power rangers. Hopefully this version won't go the same way TKR did.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:17 am

I'm only slightly older than Phrack, 29, will be 30 in january, and I'm starting to see things the same way, especially after having seen the Shelby in I am Legend. However I still want them to change the car interior, it can't have analog gages, that's just silly. :)

MURDOCK
Rookie

Post by MURDOCK » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:06 pm

Knight rider needs 3 things to make it a success.
1-the hoff
2-Daniels as kitt
3-turbo boost-car jumps
Car jumps are a massive must for this show,its been done but still damn cool as most fans will agree.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:17 pm

So the car does not have the Turbo Boost-function? :(

Turbo Boost is what Knight Rider was all about...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:11 pm

I could actually live without the Turbo Boost. I'd prefer it, of course, but hopefully the shapeshifting will be done in a way that will be a suitable substitute for it. Besides, we'll get the opportunity to see Turbo Boost in the feature film. Seeing the Mustang flying through the air won't be quite the same as the Trans Am, anyway.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

GTiGirl
Rookie

Post by GTiGirl » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:49 pm

Hello friends 8)

First of all i have to say that i'm very happy with the return of my favorite series. I have read your comments and i'm a little sad because the most says that don't agree will the choice of a Mustang for beeing KITT. I think is a good choice because i think Mustang has "mystic" and could perfectly continue the excelent cruzade made by the Trans AM. I love Pontiac Trans AM, it's in my heart, but i think it's time to give a change to another "star". When i saw the teaser of NBC presenting the new series, i watch it at least 10 times! LOL

Unfortunatly here in Portugal, the TV services (Cable TV) doesn't have NBC in their lists... only CNBC :oops:

If you guys know a website that could play live the NBC Channel in 17th of February, let me know, please! Only by that way i can watch the show. I thank you very much if you can help me 8)

And to finalize, i want to say: Keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive, it's more than a TV Show, and if "your favorite car" wasn't the chosen, think positive because Mustang will honor the name of KITT, i believe in that!

Best regards to you all :kitt:
Knight Rider Portugal: http://knightriderportugal.forumeiros.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PaoloM
Recruit

Post by PaoloM » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:35 am

Lost Knight wrote:Seeing the Mustang flying through the air won't be quite the same as the Trans Am, anyway.
I agree. Turbo Boost was the coolest thing of the original Knight Rider, but a flying boxy Mustang could be ugly ;-)

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:00 am

Atleast they could keep the original Kitt-voice! I mean the car sounds like a robot from the Transformer movie... :(
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

scullywag
Stranger

Post by scullywag » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:14 am

Im sorry but that car is too damn ugly and too bulky. Kitt needs to be nice a sleek sports car, The new Camaro would of been good or Trans Am couldve made something. I just cant see this lasting.
The only good thing is the voice, I think it sounds alot meaner. :karr:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:30 am

The 30 second promo doesn't count as it was rushed out and didn't even feature the actual voice of the NEW KITT, Will Arnett who certainly doesn't sound like he's out of Transformers. It's also not the same AI....

As for the Camero, that's been discussed to death and it won't happen, nor could it or should it.

I hope those of you who are new could do all of us a favor and read through some older topics before posting. Spare everyone who's been here the headache repeating the same things over again and having to respond to the same old arguments.......

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:23 am

The 30 second promo doesn't count as it was rushed out and didn't even feature the actual voice of the NEW KITT, Will Arnett who certainly doesn't sound like he's out of Transformers. It's also not the same AI....
For a newbe you seem to know a heck of a lot more than us, sure you know what you're talking about? I'm pretty sure that the previews we've seen so far has been fairly accurate and as far as the sound goes you might disagree with my idea of it being similar to the Transformers but I was merely making a point... and for your information there has been some ongoing discussions about the Transformers Vs Knight Rider 2008 here in this forum as well.
I hope those of you who are new could do all of us a favor and read through some older topics before posting. Spare everyone who's been here the headache repeating the same things over again and having to respond to the same old arguments.......
"If you're sick of discussing it, stay out of it!"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:39 pm

Newbe? I've been a member here since 2006 and a Knight Rider fan from before you were apparently even apparently born, granted I wasn't all that active until a month or two ago here but I've been around sporadically here or other KR related forums over the years.

Maybe I "know" a lot more because I've actually been reading post? Specifically ones made by Shapeshifter regarding what apparently happened with that second spot. Even without them it was obvious that they used someone else for the voice over seeing as voice of the car didn't sound like that in the first spot nor the later preview. If anything, he sounded more like KARR in that one, which of course was voice by Peter Cullen, but that's besides the point and doesn't matter.

Of course there's going to be some Transformers influence (hopefully not too much) with some shape shifting ability, the head of NBC said as much when he gave the go ahead for a new Knight Rider TV movie/backdoor pilot. Where did I deny that? My post focused on that 30 second promo with the voice that clearly wasn't Will Arnett's. My putting emphasis on the word "new" wasn't directed at you unless you're one of those who think this car is going to be the same KITT as the one in the original series.

"If you're sick of discussing it, stay out of it!"

Where did I say I was sick of it? I'll post and respond to whatever or whomever I want. This was merely a request/suggestion but whatever. What's with the quotation marks? <_<

They can wish and complain all they want about KITT not being a Trans-Am, ignoring this isn't the same KITT as far as we know, the fact that the car isn't made anymore or the history with Pontiac and the original show. Or that the car should have been a Camaro despite the fact that it's still a long ways away from being released or GM being locked in a contract with Paramount or whatever. But it isn't going to do them any good and those who are still whining (many being GM fanboys) about the Mustang choice, there was no way it could happen.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Sorry for the misconception! I thought you were referring to me when you were talking about the new ones and that they should use the search function more frequently.

But listen, I was merely making the point that Kitt would be so much more original with the voice of William Daniels, don't you think? I mean, of course, having the exact same car that they were using in the 80's would not be that futuristic which is kind of what we are looking for I guess, so the car is perfectly fine with me as long as it maintains all or most of those functions that the original car had, but I don't know about the voice. It didn't seem like Kitt to me and I just can't imagine him with that computer-style-voice. Maybe I just have to watch it a couple times to get used to it because I think we're going to be introduced to a lot of new things once the movie hits the television screen...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Nah, I'd only want Daniels voicing the original KITT though if it turns out that new car/KITT isn't new AI then I wouldn't be happy, I'd be quite annoyed. I prefer to see this new KITT as the "son" of the original just as Mike Tracer is the son of Michael Knight, it just fits better to me and it'd be weird for William Daniels to voice the new KITT. It'd be like Hasselhoff playing his own son. O_o

EDIT: Looking up there again, I think I was replying to something I already replied to. O_o

Holy crap I need sleep.

KNIGHT372
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHT372 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:51 pm

i love how K.I.T.T. looks like, he looks so very kool and awsome. i wonder wat he can do to his enemys wen he goes after them? :kitt:

4wheeldevil
Stranger

Post by 4wheeldevil » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:19 pm

you doubters are nuts. for one thing that stang ain't stock. a kr is not even a stock Shelby. and the Shelby body kits that go on mustangs are strictly licensed. so good luck finding someone who will risk getting sued making your replica. those body parts ain't in a parts mag. you need to prove you own one so using anthing less than the 60 to 70 thousand dollar kr model is out. oh and that car is popular and sexy. and wasnt the original kitt supposed to be popular and sexy. just try and get women to turn their heads away from a shelby or roush or even a saleen model.
if they used the new camaro everybody would refer to kit as bumble bee and you know it. the corvette is old and nothing is new with it but it being shorter. so it would probably hurt the show. they could of used the new challenger but you gotta think that car will be in some sort of dukes of hazard movie. so what is left but the fastest meanest American produced car yet. so give it a chance. decide after the show has run.

just be glad its not a import. a turbo charged all-wheel drive high rev import can easily beat all above except the shelby and for around 35 to 45k. man America needs to catch up to imports and that sucks. hey maybe kitt could of been fords awd 5 cylinder turbo charged focus rally car from england.

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Sorry, it's stil too boxy for my taste. I like Mustang and Ford, but not as the new KITT. One thing I have been liking out of the previews for this machine is it's sound. You can tell it is no slouch not as far the 500 horsepower engine sounds. As bad as I hate to say it, it reminds me of the General Lee with it's Hemi engine. Except, this car may sound a little bit more meaner than the General did. Just something I have noticed with watching these previews as much as I have here recently.

knightjp
Rookie

Re:

Post by knightjp » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:05 am

flemmo wrote:I think it look pretty lame. No effort has been put into it. Its 99% a stock run-of-the-mill production car. Hardily "The Car of the Future" is it?
Well the Trans Am wasn't exactly that futuristic too.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:30 am

What about Kitt's annoying line: "Hello, Mike..."?

Mike... ? Sounds like they've known eachother for 10 or 15 years!

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:54 am

Knight-Armen wrote:What about Kitt's annoying line: "Hello, Mike..."?

Mike... ? Sounds like they've known eachother for 10 or 15 years!
Mike is the name of the character... what would you've prefered? "Hello, Mister Tracer"?