KITT car poll PART II

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What type of car should KITT be in our modern age?

09 Shelby Mustang
11%
09/10 Camaro
28%
Acura Concept NSX
33%
Nissan GT-R
5%
One of a kind concept for movie.
24%

Total votes: 83

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by Radicalas » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:36 am

I like that Cadillac CTS, it really could be new KITT. It looks so elegant.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:00 am

victor kros wrote:Well thanks to the both of you then, Hardkore and Lost Knight. I read so many forum posts these days, it's hard to keep track of who says what all the time when it's not something problematic.

It's one of those videos you really have to see to believe. Definetly for me has that "wow" factor.

=VK=
:dash:

Ditto for me though I can't help but think "what if you really need to get in and close the door fast?" Then there's the whole rain/snow issue.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:22 am

Radicalas wrote:I like that Cadillac CTS, it really could be new KITT. It looks so elegant.
Wow I did't think anyone would mention that! I love the new CTS as well, besides my father is a Salesmanager for Cadillac. Anyway, Cadillac's have gone a great deal of improvement with their interiors and exteriors designs as well as their unique features (pop up nav, 40gig hard drive, light piping, etc.) Now if you think the CTS is a good idea, why not use their CTS Coupe Concept, it is 95% production output right now. Funny I was thinking about posting that too on the new coupe being KITT, enjoy the pics below!

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/show ... hp?t=59562
Attachments
ctc1.jpg
ctc1.jpg (44.13 KiB) Viewed 11099 times
ctc2.jpg
ctc2.jpg (42.04 KiB) Viewed 11106 times
ctc3.jpg
ctc3.jpg (41.48 KiB) Viewed 11103 times

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:26 pm

Okay Toni your services are required. For this beauty.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:12 pm

I just can't see the Cadillac CTS Concept working. The concept version really doesn't look all that much different from the actual version, in my opinion. The thing with most Cadillacs is that they all look too similar to one another with the exception of the Escalade and XLR. It's also one of the reasons I don't care for BMWs, because most of them look the same. And speaking of the XLR, that would be the only choice for me if Glen were to go with a Cadillac. It has a standard hardtop convertible and can switch back and forth from manual to automatic gear shifting. Here's some shots:

And just for fun, here's a shot of the Cadillac Cien Concept:

“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

vampire knight
Rookie

Post by vampire knight » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:12 pm

No love for the Nissan GTR?

Here are my reasons why I'd pick that car.

I want to have a post on what cars I would choose and why with some pictures and such. I just haven't had the time.

For some of you that may have not considered a Japanese car and are more with the mind frame that KITT must be American muscle, hear me out and keep an open mind. This has so much more in common with what a Firebird was in 1982 than you might think =)

Here are my reasons:
  • [li]In 1982 Glen Larson had originally contemplated KITT being a Nissan before deciding on the Firebird[/li]
    [li]It's a two door 2+2 sports car just like a Firebird and just like a Firebird only little people and children can fit in the back, but that solves the whole 2 seater argument[/li]
    [li]The Skyline brand (in this case Nissan has dropped the Skyline name since there is a Skyline over there, here we know it as the Infiniti G37, but the GT-R is in essence heir to the Skyline GT-R R-34) has a rich automotive history in Japan it goes back to 1957 and the Skyline GT-R sports car goes back to 1969[/li]
    [li]The GT-R is really a modern technological wonder as far as cars out right now just like an 82 Firebird was in 82. Nothing like it has ever been imported here, it is unique new and fresh.[/li]
    [li]It's a new design not a 4 year old retro car, it doesn't look like anything else out right now. It has some styling cues that let you know it's from the Nissan Skyline bloodline, but it's its own animal. Much like the 82 Firebird was a significant change from its 1981 predecessor[/li]
    [li]It's a tangible car, it's not some concept, it will be sold here and will be able to own one[/li]
    [li]The front end is just dying to be slightly modified and have a scanner slapped in it[/li]

I think it just seems to "fit" more with the essence of KITT. Those are just some of the reasons. I have my cons, like it doesn't have pop up headlights or t-tops and yes it's not a Pontiac, but for me the pros heavily outweigh the cons. It doesn't come to the states until the summer of 2008 and I think that will still be fresh and new for when the movie comes out.and for those that have no clue what it looks like here are some pics:

That new Caddy is pretty slick, but I don't think it's sleek enough.

By the way I believe those new "2011" renderings were based off of the Acura concept car.

Now if we were going to go concept car, forget the Acura. I'd say Saab Aero X, I've seen that thing in person and it's incredible.....it's also technically a GM =)

Some more info and pics

http://cars.ign.com/articles/694/694782p1.html

vampire knight
Rookie

Post by vampire knight » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Anyone? Feedback thoughts? No?

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:05 pm

Vampire I think the reason you are not getting any feedback. Is because there have been so many cars that have been tossed around for the new kitt. I think everybody is burned out on the subject. I know that I am. Until Glen's movie really starts to do somthing I'am not going to get too excited about it.

shinobi594
Recruit

Post by shinobi594 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:46 pm

I would nominate the Toyota/Lexus' upcoming flagship "Supra" sportscar (with slightly modified front/rear ends):

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:08 am

vampire knight wrote:No love for the Nissan GTR?
That one is cool, nissan makes some cars in the USA, is that one of them? If so I'd be down for it. :)

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:03 pm

IF You're BOND....JAMES Bond.....either car might appeal to ya But only after Q-branch got done with it!

Sorry Nissan,etc.....the Pontiac Rageous still reigns as far as I'm concerned.....Vic-? any thoughts,ideas,photoshop tickery ona Pontiac Rageous.....?
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:09 pm

seeker78 wrote:
vampire knight wrote:No love for the Nissan GTR?
That one is cool, nissan makes some cars in the USA, is that one of them? If so I'd be down for it. :)
Well since it's RHD, I don't think it's made in the USA.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hardkore
Volunteer

Post by Hardkore » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:45 am

I found some pics of the new Chevy Camaro SS. This looks better than the regular Camaro.

ImageImage