New KARR???

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Yetiii98
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New KARR???

Post by Yetiii98 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:23 pm

Well everyone has their opinions of the new KITT, so why not spit ball ideas about a new KARR?

As i recall at the end of KITT v KARR it was left open as to wether KARR had been destroyed or not, his scanner started to glow at the end after he was "destroyed". Would this be a suitable nemesis should the show make it to series, and what car would u like him to be? how would you like him to return?

Nelson B
Operative

Re: New KARR???

Post by Nelson B » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:44 pm

That was his cpu they showed. Karr's new body? Well theres that knight 2000 sitting in a garage all in pieces. Hey bad guys where are you?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am

I do remember hearing that they wanted to include more enemies for KITT. I may be making that up, but I do remember reading that somewhere.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Nelson B wrote:That was his cpu they showed. Karr's new body? Well theres that knight 2000 sitting in a garage all in pieces. Hey bad guys where are you?
All of K.A.R.R.'s remains were left behind and forgotten about, as far as we were able to tell. Someone had to come across them sooner or later. The still functioning CPU was basically K.A.R.R.'s A.I., and could theoretically be installed in another vehicle. But this time around, I'm not too sure it would be realistic for some bad guy to pick the same vehicle as the Knight 3000 if this were to happen. I think things should evolve past the "evil twin" stage here. It would be cool to see K.A.R.R. resurrected as a more menacing/intimidating vehicle this time, with an upper hand on K.I.T.T.

:karr:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Yetiii98
Recruit

Post by Yetiii98 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:10 pm

It would be cool to see K.A.R.R. resurrected as a more menacing/intimidating vehicle this time, with an upper hand on K.I.T.T.
Yeah i was kinda thinking along those lines, would be a lil weird if KARR was a Mustang too lol, any ideas of what car to use? Guessing it would have to be a GM car though.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:22 pm

@tamatt27
I read that, too. As far as I remember it was in the script summary of the pilot.

The daughter of KITTs creator asks Mike for his help to rescue her dad, only to find out, that KITTs blueprints had been stolen. So there are bad guys who want to create another supercar, and when they use the plans, it should also be a Mustang. So,take the car and use KARRs CPU, there you have it, a new KARR.
It's not so far fetched and I hope they will have a story like that.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:54 pm

Two things to take into account here: We would have the original K.A.R.R., but a new K.I.T.T. Now that adds a new dynamic to K.A.R.R.'s animosity toward the Knight Foundation. His original beef was with Michael Knight and classic K.I.T.T., and I'm not so sure it would be as practical to bring his character back without at least bringing classic K.I.T.T. back in one piece and functioning.

Secondly, just because the blueprints are stolen doesn't mean the bad guys necessarily have to choose the same vehicle. Perhaps they could take as much as they need and expand on Graiman's concepts. One Mustang is bad enough. Plus, the "evil twin" concept worked originally because K.A.R.R. was the prototype. Seeing as how his body was completely destroyed, we can count him out on returning as an '82 Trans Am. The "evil twin" concept also feels outdated to me, and is something that might be better off left in the '80s.

As for ideas on what new vehicle should K.A.R.R. be built into, I'm tempted to say a tank, but that might be pushing things a little too far out there. Actually, the Mustang seems more suited for K.A.R.R. than it does K.I.T.T., but as it was already chosen and goes against my point, I have to count it out.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:56 pm

Well I'am still hoping that Karr's cpu is somehow put in kitt's old body. Having Karr in another Mustang would really be a bit over the edge. Us diehard fans can only take so much.

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Nelson B wrote:Well I'am still hoping that Karr's cpu is somehow put in kitt's old body. Having Karr in another Mustang would really be a bit over the edge. Us diehard fans can only take so much.
My sentiments exactly!! :karr:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:50 pm

Nelson B wrote:Well I'am still hoping that Karr's cpu is somehow put in kitt's old body. Having Karr in another Mustang would really be a bit over the edge. Us diehard fans can only take so much.
That would also be the only plausible explanation for the 2-TV dashboard. The "back up" parts idea for K.I.T.T. doesn't really make sense because it would have been a major downgrade. Still, the idea of classic K.I.T.T. being built from K.A.R.R.'s remaining parts is a little out there, too.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:33 pm

I have an idea with both bringing back Karr and him being a pony car (although I wouldn't like to see a black and silver Mustang as well). Knight Industries somehow managed to retrieve Karr's CPU and were working for years reprogramming him. After the re-education of Karr is complete, they want to build a new body for him. As the TA is too old school, they decide upo a Mustang. Karr is installed but somehow his old personality is re-activated and goes on a rampage. Kitt can not stop him as his mechanisms are too outdated, so they build him a new body as well.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:07 pm

Now that could work. Hopefully someone at Universal are reading this board. Of course the writers have plenty of time on their hands as of now.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Garthe Knight wrote:@tamatt27
I read that, too. As far as I remember it was in the script summary of the pilot.

The daughter of KITTs creator asks Mike for his help to rescue her dad, only to find out, that KITTs blueprints had been stolen. So there are bad guys who want to create another supercar, and when they use the plans, it should also be a Mustang. So,take the car and use KARRs CPU, there you have it, a new KARR.
It's not so far fetched and I hope they will have a story like that.
Where did you hear the stolen files were original KITT blueprints? They steal hard drives they can't decode without Graiman or his daughter. According to the recent script reviews the villians are after plans to something called LEGION that Graiman invented. It has nothing to do with KARR or the original KITT. The information they eventually gather later in the story also allows them to control the new K3000 remotely to wreck havok.

Like the Penguin controlling the Batmobile in Batman Returns.

As for using KARR's original parts to rebuild the old KITT? If I'm not mistaken there was nothing left of KARR to salvage aside from his CPU. Apparently the explaination was the sea water exposure some how weakened the MBS to the point the head on impact with KITT obliterated it.

It may help if someone posts a screen capture or two of the aftermath of the confrontation to be sure.

=VK=
:dash:

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:14 pm

I'am sure thats already been done somewhere on the board. (Karr's remains scattered about in the sand) Hopefully someone can bring it here. And Victor I don't think you should give out any more spoilers it may upset some people. We seem to be a sensitive bunch.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:32 pm

That's why its not posted in the NBCU thread. Then again people do not believe what I say anyway remember?

=VK=

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Well I believe you Victor. Now that the Wienstiens have made a deal with the writers. Hopefully there will be more developments in reguards to Glen's movie. Until that happens I'am afraid the doubters will prevail. Once casting is done car picked filming starts things will change.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:55 pm

Actually, KARR was found by an eight year old tech whiz who installed him in his Power Wheel 4x4 shortly after KITT vs KARR. >_> <_< As the kid grew older and eviler with KARR's influence he installed him in new bodies of the cars he had until he landed a role with FLAG, sneaked into where a new prototype was being built and installed KARR when no one was looking.

That's still more plausible than KARR returning in a new body outside of someone somehow stealing the CPU that for whatever reason was kept by FLAG after KARR's destruction. KARR and Garth belong dead, in the past.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

King2000
Volunteer

Post by King2000 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:39 pm

I really hope we don't see KARR, or anything else with the evil car twin concept. I wouldn't be against the possiblity of an enemy for KITT, but just not KARR. It's been worked over too much for my taste. I want to see new concepts with a true Knight Rider feel in this series. Save the parlor tricks ie KARR, Garth for at least the 2nd or 3rd season. I have a feeling they are on to something good.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:21 pm

victor kros wrote:As for using KARR's original parts to rebuild the old KITT? If I'm not mistaken there was nothing left of KARR to salvage aside from his CPU. Apparently the explaination was the sea water exposure some how weakened the MBS to the point the head on impact with KITT obliterated it.

It may help if someone posts a screen capture or two of the aftermath of the confrontation to be sure.
Victor—

On top of the weakened Molecular Bonded Shell theory, the direct shot from the laser to K.A.R.R.'s scanner also severely weakened him. Michael says just after the laser blast, "Alright, he's vulnerable head-on!"

Here are screen caps of the wreckage:

As we can see, there are no intact remains except for the front nose (which is incorrectly painted completely black) and the CPU.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:10 pm

Well there you go Victor I knew someone would post pictures. What a great community we have here. And I still want to see Karr return in a new body. Obviously his old body has been recycled.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:46 am

victor kros wrote:
Where did you hear the stolen files were original KITT blueprints? They steal hard drives they can't decode without Graiman or his daughter. According to the recent script reviews the villians are after plans to something called LEGION that Graiman invented. It has nothing to do with KARR or the original KITT. The information they eventually gather later in the story also allows them to control the new K3000 remotely to wreck havok.

Like the Penguin controlling the Batmobile in Batman Returns.

As for using KARR's original parts to rebuild the old KITT? If I'm not mistaken there was nothing left of KARR to salvage aside from his CPU. Apparently the explaination was the sea water exposure some how weakened the MBS to the point the head on impact with KITT obliterated it.

=VK=
Not the original KITTs blueprints, the one of the Knight 3000. And there is nothing left of KARR and no intent to use the old KITT. There won't be another Trans Am on the show, you must have misunderstood me there.

I don't know if they will use KARRs CPU, I just hope so because it would make a great story. But there will be other cars like KITT.

And I like the evil twin stories, this is not something that only worked in the 80s. What episodes were the best?! The ones with KARR and Goliath/Garthe. Or KRO at TKR. It's because an evil version of nearly the same guy makes the main characters even more heroic.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:46 pm

ok devils advocate here....

what if the remains of KARRs CPU were actually in the K3000 (remembering the comments on the 'hello mike' in the first clip we saw where people were comparing the voice to KARRs...)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:45 pm

That's because that promo was an early one that NBC rushed out before Will Arnett could either read the lines for it or they forgot to have him do it. Either way, rather lazy on their part.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

loneknight4000
Recruit

Post by loneknight4000 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:08 am

I always thought they may used garth to find KARR's CPU and have him put it in Goliath the you have Garth and Michale and KITT and KARR in and uber battle but it never happened shame what do all in the land of Knight Rider think of getting garth back he may of suvived the fall his truck was very strong straped in maby he could be in hositable with memory loss but get his memory back find KARR's CPU on black market and puts it in a new Goliath go round killing ppl Michale Knight knew witch brings hoff back to kick his ass also you find out that michale had swoped KITT with a repilcia and when he goes in to his garage u see the red scanner light up and there is KITT ready to do KARR in for good just a thought

KNIGHT372
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHT372 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:17 pm

your right how will the new K.A.R.R. look like and wat would it be able to do? :kitt: :kitt2: