Is there any real KITT's left??

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jcurrieta
Stranger

Is there any real KITT's left??

Post by jcurrieta » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:47 pm

I could of bet a million dollars i read and also heard all the cars from knight rider tv show were destroyed or returned to pontiac to be destroyed......
I heard Joey Fatone from nsyc claimes he ownes an actual kitt from the show and recently i found this.....
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story/2007/04 ... -sale.html

whats the deal even david only owns a dash not even a real kitt??

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Is there any real KITT's left??

Post by HungarianKnight » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:01 pm

There is an urban legend about a stuntsman who jumped into one of the Kitts after the filming of WooDoo Knight and sped off, never to be seen again. But this is just a legend, I don't know if it's true...

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:12 pm

There's at least three that I know of the convertable kitt is over at some museam in Europe. And theres two in California one was just sold and the new owner picked it up last year at the Saugus show.

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:38 pm

There is :kitt: in the UK all be it in a museam, the owner of the museam bought it off "The Hoff" himself

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:54 pm

I have read somewhere that the one the Hoff had over there was not from the show. If thats true where did he get the conversion parts from? I don't think anybody had started making them yet?

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:40 pm

HungarianKnight wrote:There is an urban legend about a stuntsman who jumped into one of the Kitts after the filming of WooDoo Knight and sped off, never to be seen again. But this is just a legend, I don't know if it's true...
You are almost right, but the episode was Soul Survivor. The kid who played the hacker went for a hell of a joy ride off the set, but he brought the car back when all was said and done.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:31 am

The car thats now in the cars of the stars museum here in the UK was one of the cars given to the Hoff after the show ended, its not a screen used car though. its kind of a replica in itself really, but pretty close as its using all original universal parts. its got the season 1/2 dash in it. I went to see it last year, its about a 2 hour drive from where i live. The scanner on it is weak, looks like a JC whitney one, and the interior is a bit shoddy, some of the LED's on the dash werent working, the headliner is saggy etc etc.

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:18 pm

I personally have not heard about any KITT's left around. Although, I think it would be awesome if there was some. Just think about the value of having a down to earth original KITT sitting in your parking lot. The only show that I have heard that still has original cars around is the "Dukes of Hazzard". Seventeen to be exact. And I don't know how they kept those around with as many as they wrecked. :o