the Question no one has asked...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

the Question no one has asked...

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:33 pm

So Mike Tracer is 23.... (ok the actor is 28 but thats not the point!!)

the new film (i hope PILOT) is set 2008, meaning Mike was concieved in '85 whilst TOS was still on air in its final season...

so who is Mikes mother and what happened between her and MK (im not asking for biology lesson!!!!) that meant Mike is Tracer and doesnt know MK....?????

i appreciate the second part of my question could be explored on screen but was his mother ever a damsel in distress in TOS oh and was it before the 'scent of the roses' episode...????

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: the Question no one has asked...

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:48 pm

Justin Bruening in an interview I read mentioned that it was supposed to be put into to the script but I think they just may mention her vaguely. If the movie goes to series then they will explain it more. If I find the interview again I will post it.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:09 pm

I thought I remember reading somewhere Mike Tracer's mother's name was Jennifer. What if it would turn out to be Jennifer Knight from the Season 4 opener Knight of the Juggernaut, or even Karen from Season 4 episode Kittnap.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:34 pm

March2875 wrote:I thought I remember reading somewhere Mike Tracer's mother's name was Jennifer. What if it would turn out to be Jennifer Knight from the Season 4 opener Knight of the Juggernaut, or even Karen from Season 4 episode Kittnap.
In my opinion, that would be a little creepy. That would mean Mike Tracer is actually Michael Knight's sort of "step-nephew" after his christening as Michael Knight. I know he and Jennifer technically aren't blood-related, but it still screams incest to me. And looking at it from Jennfier's point of view, it would be like she was with her brother Garthe. We wouldn't want to have the movie's plot become something better suited for The Jerry Springer Show, would we?

The only logical thing is to say he was the product of a one night stand. While not romantic or anything, during the original series Michael never had any lasting relationships (besides Stevie, but she was never pregnant). There was always the "bimbo of the week" and we never saw her again. The writers are going to have to do some research into the original series and pick which episode and which woman would fit best into the story. If they say she was some off-camera or in-between-the-episodes girl, I think that would be a major cop-out.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:41 pm

Don't you think it would be a little weird for Jennifer Knight to marry Michael Knight?Imagine what the Knight Foundation board of trustees thought when they all sat around a table with 2 people who have the same last name.Are they brother and sister?Cousins? oh no they're married.Jennifer is the direct descendant of our founder and Michael's just been born 3 years ago. :lol:

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:55 pm

I think it should be Stevie....and here's how it could work...

So, Mike Tracer was born in 1985. That means he was conceived in 1984 most likely. Stevie and Michael saw each other in 1984, in "Let It Be Me". What if Michael got Stevie pregnant, but Stevie kept it quiet from Michael because she was afraid he would leave the Foundation and not be happy...at the end of "Let It Be Me", Stevie does state that Michael has chosen something (FLAG) that is more important than happiness or unhappiness ("That's the gap between us", she says). Perhaps she has the baby between "Let It Be Me" and "The Scent of Roses" (which was early 1986). Stevie died and some unknown person raised Tracer.

A stretch, but it could work...

Joe

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:51 pm

Well there would have been no legal or moral problem with Michael having a kid with Jennifer Knight, as they weren't related at all. (Also, remember, MK's kids would resemble Michael Long, the Knight Foundation never altered his DNA).

The bigger problem with that is that they didn't get along in any way shape or form, lol.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:56 pm

The only 'Jennifer' I can think of (who isn't Jennifer Knight) is Jennifer Shell from Return to Cadiz. The show aired October 30, 1983, so if Tracer was conceived then he would've been born approximately end of June/early July 1984, making him 23 at the time the movie takes place.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightstand
Recruit

Post by knightstand » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:41 pm

The only woman MK even had a remote connection with was Stevie and I agree that it should be her.

A funny idea would be for MK to fall in love with April or Bonnie. I know that its far fetched, and MK was always had a relationship with bonnie like James Bond did with Money penny....but still...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:01 pm

Joe Huth wrote:I think it should be Stevie....and here's how it could work...

So, Mike Tracer was born in 1985. That means he was conceived in 1984 most likely. Stevie and Michael saw each other in 1984, in "Let It Be Me". What if Michael got Stevie pregnant, but Stevie kept it quiet from Michael because she was afraid he would leave the Foundation and not be happy...at the end of "Let It Be Me", Stevie does state that Michael has chosen something (FLAG) that is more important than happiness or unhappiness ("That's the gap between us", she says). Perhaps she has the baby between "Let It Be Me" and "The Scent of Roses" (which was early 1986). Stevie died and some unknown person raised Tracer.

Joe
I think that works. And I would also prefer the mother to be Stevie. I think to take that theory a step further would be to say that Stevie had to give her child up for adoption at some point due to being in the witness relocation program. Perhaps she wouldn't want to put her child in danger? But the sign in "The Scent Of Roses" says her full name, so I'm guessing she got out of the program at some point. (I don't remember "White Bird" or "Let It Be Me" very well.)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:54 pm

Here is the link to the interview with Justin Bruening and other cast members concerning their characters.
http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/2007/1 ... -knig.html

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:24 pm

Joe Huth wrote:I think it should be Stevie....and here's how it could work...

Joe
This is exactly what I was thinking about the other day and I hope it's Stevie too. Logically, I think that is the explanation they will use. Stevie was quite a big character in the series even if she only starred in three episodes but she was an important part of Michael's life.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JoannaN
Stranger

Post by JoannaN » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:57 am

I hope that it's somehow Bonnie. Maybe she could have gave birth during the second season. Maybe she left for a year for more than one reason......... It could happen (in my mind anyway)

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:41 am

[quote="JoannaN"]I hope that it's somehow Bonnie. Maybe she could have gave birth during the second season. Maybe she left for a year for more than one reason......... It could happen (in my mind anyway)[/quote]

i really like the idea of that one...

but it was always DHs intention that Bonnie and Michael were platonic although PMc wanted them to go further (exact opposite of their respective characters...)

Fenix The Best
Recruit

Post by Fenix The Best » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:42 pm

But how could Stevie not mention that she had a child with Michael, when they were getting married. :/

Don't you think that Stevie as Michaels fiance and wife should tell him, that she has given a birth to his child? :/

It would be so selfish and unfair, because she shoul be honest with the man she loved . :) In the end he has chosen her - he wanted to leave the foundation for her. :)

I think that Bonnie would be a good guess. ;)

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:27 pm

Here is an idea, how about Mike Tracer is the bastard son of one of Michael Knights sleazy one night stands? Heck if my other favorite super hero superman can be a dead beat dad, then why can't Michael Knight? :roll:
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:36 pm

ok guys, I'm confused, where was it said that Mike Tracer would have any biological relationship to Michael Knight?????

I thought Mike Tracer was just another agent working for The Foundation???

That's how it ought to be, it ought to be that way with the movie too, so they could use Will Smith as the driver of KITT ;)

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:08 pm

the actor playing him, Justin B said it...

oh AND its in the script...

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:20 pm

The obvious one would be Stevie, for that was the only woman the series made mention that he loved and eventually married. Other than that my second would be Bonnie. If not one of those, who knows? Afterall, Michael did spend a lot of time rescuing various beautiful damsels in distress...LOL 8)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:10 pm

Bonnie or Stevie wouldn't work, a one night stand is pretty much all there is and hey, condoms break. :wink: And yeah, he should look like Michael Long and his mother and not Michael Knight though I do see a bit of Michael Knight/Hasselhoff there, not Michael Long. Really, the only kind of girl that would really work is an off camera one night stand unless it was a girl near the end of the fourth season.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:24 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Bonnie or Stevie wouldn't work, a one night stand is pretty much all there is and hey, condoms break. :wink: And yeah, he should look like Michael Long and his mother and not Michael Knight though I do see a bit of Michael Knight/Hasselhoff there, not Michael Long. Really, the only kind of girl that would really work is an off camera one night stand unless it was a girl near the end of the fourth season.
You could be right, but I'm not counting out any possibilities. I guess only time will tell... :mrgreen:

Pie Maker
Stranger

Post by Pie Maker » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:09 pm

Good questions. Here are a couple more, nobody seems to have asked-
What happened that the inventor in Knight Rider (TV 2008) is Charles Graiman? I know Inventor Knight and Devon Miles are gone,
but what happened to the Knight Industires? In one of the many last season episodes, Knight's Daughter wanted to take over,
and Michael and she didn't get along very well, until the end. I thought she'd be in charge, now. What's up with Charles Graiman and his daughter?
But I'm optomistic, that the show will be enjoyable enough for me to watch it, every week. :dash:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:04 pm

msKEN wrote:Here is an idea, how about Mike Tracer is the bastard son of one of Michael Knights sleazy one night stands? Heck if my other favorite super hero superman can be a dead beat dad, then why can't Michael Knight? :roll:

Forgot to reply to this before but at least Michael Knight is kind of a established, I could sort of buy it or maybe even the Foundation keeping it hush hush. Superman Returns was just a total bastardization of Superman, even without the poorly written bastard son angle.

Graiman too I think they could just explain that he was under protection or kept secret for his and his family's protection. We know there were several scientist involved with the creation of KARR/KITT, heck the MBS formula alone was split among four (or was it three) scientist. They never really got into who really designed KITT, just Wilton Knight was the one with the vision and funds behind it, the scientist involved with the MBS and the guy who supposedly worked on much of the programming from Killer KITT. I'm probably missing some people but I think that pretty much covers it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:38 am

I've been watching my Knight Rider Dvd's and they have a lot of room in writing in a son. In a lot of episodes Michael is involved with a women. So it could be a number of women throughout the series or they could simply write one in that we don't know about when Michael takes his vacations.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:03 am

Ultimately, it's all about creative licence. The writers are only limited by their imaginations when it comes to filling in the backstory of the last 22 years. Tracer's mother could be Stevie, could be Bonnie, could be April, or could be any one of Michael's damsels-of-the-week, or even a character we never saw in the original series... if the writers can find a way to make it work. What is interesting about this scenario is that Graiman's daughter was best friends with Tracer while growing up, which implies that Tracer was close to F.L.A.G. during his childhood. Did Michael know he had a son during the run of the original show?

The original (unproduced) script for Knight Rider 2000 planned a similar approach by introducing Devon's daughter Kyle, and acknowledging a private life we (the audience) never knew he had. I'm not keen on this kind of approach, but am intrigued to see what the writers come up with.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;