KITTs parts return from Hollywood.

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

BoMcD
Operative

KITTs parts return from Hollywood.

Post by BoMcD » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:37 pm

Bo,
I just received my parts from Hollywood and surprisingly they are in pretty good shape. My nose is scuffed but not broken or cracked. They did however removed the louver grills. My wheel is like it was when I shipped it. But my plexiglass tail light blackout got broken.

Attached are pictures to use/post as you see fit.
Rob

You can tell that without doubt, this was the hood hanging in those shots.

http://www.roblouisell.com/images/Hollywood/all0.jpg
http://www.roblouisell.com/images/Hollywood/all.jpg

http://www.roblouisell.com/images/Hollywood/all2.JPG
http://www.roblouisell.com/images/Hollywood/all3.JPG
http://www.roblouisell.com/images/Hollywood/all4.jpg

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:55 pm

Awesome, thanks for the update Bo!

I'm pretty sure someone posted the link to the set photos over the weekend - but they must have deleted the thread here?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 0B7-861C40

Initially I thought these pictures suspect for a number of reasons (lack of t-tops, later 3rd gen tail lights and spoiler) - but if Rob is verifying the parts in the image - I guess they're legit?

Better some KITT then no KITT at all?

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:19 pm

I'm wondering about the dash. Why are they using the old one (Season 1-2 version)? It would be more logical to see the old Kitt with his second dashboard as the series were finished with him havig that dash. Or maybe they'll use the old Kitt for a flashback sort of scene and the timeline/canon would not be violated that way...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:58 pm

I'm going to resist looking at these links for now. I think I'd like to keep as much knowledge as I can about the telepic from now on a surprise. If we don't need a spoiler section quite yet, I would say we'd certainly need one if a series develops.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm

Wow, those are really awesome parts!
If KITT has to be stripped in parts like in KR2000 movie, this is the way to show it :D There's recognizeable Trans-Am parts, the nose with scanner, the whole dash etc. KITT's keycomponents from the original series instead of just the scanner and some eletronic junk in the KR2000 movie.
This definetely is a good sign the tv-pilot will be done right, at least it may be the best attempt after the original series :)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:25 pm

Very Cool! I hope they have KITT driving around and having some interactions rather than just being stuck in a garage. Glad they are rebuilding him correctly rather than the K2000 disaster.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Re: KITTs parts return from Hollywood.

Post by goldbug » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:21 am

Just curious, I'm rather new here so I may have missed a previous discussion that related to these. Are these custom parts like those I have seen from KITT reproductions the past decade or so? Or were these made in Hollywood for the "flashback" in the telepic? Just wondering, thanks!
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:12 am

I'm pretty sure that this post was moved to the wrong location and this was some private person building a KITT replica and has nothing to do with the NBC TV movie.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:46 pm

Those kitt replica parts were sent back to Rob Louisell's. Its not someones garage where a kitt replica is being built.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:42 pm

Hmmm okay then.... So if he got them back from Hollywood then were they used for the TV movie or something? O_o:?:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:17 am

Those parts are used in a "key scene" from what Rob was told...
http://www.knightfoundation.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:10 pm

I seeeeee, interesting......

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:52 pm

BoMcD wrote:Those parts are used in a "key scene" from what Rob was told...
Looks like those are seen in the part where Traceur and gang find the old KITT seen in the two minute clip just posted. Very cool!
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

King2000
Volunteer

Post by King2000 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Hello all!

I'm new to this page, but I've been a die hard KR fan since the tender age of 2. I was sceptical about the new series because it brought back memories of KR2000, KR2010, and TKR...all of which sucked beyond belief. I was delighted when I saw the preview, because it truly FELT like Knight Rider.

Its great they have the old KITT in recognizable parts. As far as Traceur, it would seem that his name carries some meaning as he will be 'tracing' Michael Sr. This is similar to the meaning behind Michael's original name, Michael Long being a loner. I believe we will see Mike Traceur take on the last name Knight, and accept Michael as his father as a major part of the story line. I'm very interested to see how this plays out.

:dash4:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:06 pm

goldbug wrote:
Looks like those are seen in the part where Traceur and gang find the old KITT seen in the two minute clip just posted. Very cool!
Im not sure it was Tracer and a gang who found it, I think it was people working for the guy who wants Charles Graiman to build them a new KITT, which is where it start off.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:48 pm

goldbug wrote:
Your very right dude! Thats awesome! Did Rob make those parts or are they originals? Either way its an honor to have them in the new pilot, but i still dont understand why they didnt use the 3rd-4th season dash since the 2-tv dash was destroyed & un-used (except for far away shots in the last 2 seasons you could still see the 2-tvs) since the beginning on the 3rd season. But i shouldnt be suprised people that make re-makes or sequels seem to rarely get those little details right & just want to pass it off quickly.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!