First Watched Knight Rider Original Series ?(Poll)

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

When did you become interested in the original series

Watched it when it first came out
54%
Became interested later during the original series (after Season 1)
11%
Wasn't borne yet / too young and caught the re-runs
30%
Started watching re-runs before the later Knight Rider shows aired (KR 2000, TKR even KR 2010)
6%
Became interested only after the later Knight Rider shows aired (KR 2000, TKR even KR 2010)
No votes

Total votes: 54

Stargazer
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

First Watched Knight Rider Original Series ?(Poll)

Post by Stargazer » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:48 am

This has been done in the past, but its worth bringing back.

I think I covered everything - maybe

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Re: First Watched Knight Rider Original Series ?(Poll)

Post by ReddawgKnight » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:03 pm

i remember being five or six and was already starting to watch all the reruns and loved it very much :kitt: :karr:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:57 pm

Seeing that I turned 30 this year, I would have to say I was about 6 or 7 years old when it first aired. It made such an impact on me then, that no matter what I was doing, playing outside (kids used to do that), eating dinner, or what ever. Once I heard that theme music, there was only one place to be every week, in front of the T.V.! :kitt2:

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:09 pm

I watched knight Rider when it first came out. I still remember watching it. I was into cars when I was a little boy(still am) So my mom said there is a new show coming on tonight about a talking car so that night the whole family sat down to watch the two hr tv movie.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:44 pm

I was only born during the thrid season. I didn't get into the show until about 1994, when USA started airing the reruns. I remember there being two, back-to-back, and I never missed any of them. :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:29 am

D'oh! I chose the wrong option because I was born before the show started but wasn't old enough at the start of it (I wasn't even a year old by the time the pilot came out and first season started) and I probably first got into the show during late second or third season and saw reruns of the previous episodes?

Back then three of my favorite things on TV were He-Man, Johnny Carson and Knight Rider....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:50 am

i first saw knight rider on the old USA network. in 1995 i was in the third grade when my friends were watching power rangers.
right after knight rider was Mac Gyver those were the days. my friends didnt know what to make of me the first knight rider episode ever saw was "Not A Drop To Drink"
Last edited by CJaguar442 on Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:23 pm

I first started watching Knight Rider from day one.

My uncle's last name is Knight and he had one of the first talking cars that told you when your door was ajar, etc. He quickly got rid of the car as the constant reminders could not be acknowledged unless you closed the door or fixed whatever the problem was.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:49 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:I was only born during the thrid season. I didn't get into the show until about 1994, when USA started airing the reruns. I remember there being two, back-to-back, and I never missed any of them. :D
Same here...except I was born a year later, but I also caught it on USA. I always liked the back to back episodes because I could always catch atleast part of one of the shows!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:50 pm

I first saw Knight Rider on May 5th Bank holiday Monday 1992. How do I remember that? I had been to that hospital the previous day as I had come off my bike and my chin landed first on the road badly bruising it, which required a trip to the Hospital and to have paper stitches put on my chin.

I just remember watching the Pilot episode "Knight of the Phoenix" that evening thinking 'ooo, this looks cool!'

I couldn't make too much sense of the story at the time as I was only 10 turning 11 and I was more interested in the stunts that the cool car was doing, which in later years obviously learned that it was called KITT. But at 10 years old, I didn't know any better.

That was my first experience of Knight Rider, it wouldn't re-appear until 3 occasions, the somewhat awful TKR series in 1997/98, Knight Rider 2000 on Channel 5 in Early 2000, oddly enough. and then when I got a free episode on DVD in a newspaper that had Season 1's Trust doesn't rust; that was what got me interested in Knight Rider the way I am now, and that was 2 1/2 half years ago.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:15 pm

I born in 1990 and when i was about six-seven years old i used to watch The A-team, the friend of mine recommended me, so i used to watch it and remmember i was very sad when it ended. At the same time slot another day the channel started showing Knight Rider, i didn't used to watch it at the beginning, but after some time i accidentaly cought some interesting scenes on TV. After that i started to watch it regulary. I remember i was waiting for weekend to watch Knight Rider. I always used to sat down in front of TV about a half an hour before Knight Rider used to start showing, so i used to watch Married with Children, because it was showing before Knight Rider. I still remember the time when Knight Rider used to start - at 3.10 PM or 3.20 PM every Saturday and Sunday, and it was repeating every Thursday and Friday at 3.10 PM or 3.20 PM. The Knight Rider series ended in my country in ~1999.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:27 pm

tamatt27 wrote:
LadyV2000 wrote:I was only born during the thrid season. I didn't get into the show until about 1994, when USA started airing the reruns. I remember there being two, back-to-back, and I never missed any of them. :D
Same here...except I was born a year later, but I also caught it on USA. I always liked the back to back episodes because I could always catch at least part of one of the shows!
i have the old usa knight rider 2000 promo it was a lot better than the movie it self. it was on my myspace and youtube page until some jerk reported me and they removed my videos
and someone stole it and is using it. now usa is anti sci fi thanks to nbc.
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:44 pm

It was 1992 or 1993, I was about 13, just changing channels, when I came accross 'Give me Liberty or give me death' on the local kids channel. I was hooked within minutes, even less, by the time it takes you to say Hasselhoff, really. I had a few favourite series during my short life by then, but boy, it was nothing like my love for Knight Rider.

And it wasn't easy at first. I only got to it in the middle of season 1, then watched season 2, then they stopped for a long time until they brought season 3, which was shown in the wrong order and with some episodes missing. I actually traded tapes with people overseas to get the whole set.

Since then we've had the full series shown on two different channels in the last three years, and ofcource all the DVDs, so it's far easier now. We've also had KR2000 and Team Knight Rider. It's quite a well known series here.

knightturbo
Volunteer

Post by knightturbo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:59 am

Loved the show then...love it now.
Last edited by knightturbo on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gadjet
Rookie

Post by Gadjet » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:59 am

I think I first watched KR when I was 8 or 9 it was on Saturdays at dinner time, it was the first show we would all sit down and watch while eating.

Then the auto man pilot came out on the BBC and My dad forced us to watch it insted of KR. That episode of KR was trust dosnt rust we got to watch the begining of the episode then dad changed channels setting up the vid to record KR.
After sitting throught the *?$# that was Automan we got to watch the vid. It turns out he had recorded automan by mistake so I had to wait till I found a mate who had recorded it to find out how KARR was distroyed.

After that we watched KR every weekend as we all hated automan.

About a few months after KR had started my dads ford XR3 suddenly started having these buttons fitted everywhere, my dad is a bit of an electronics boffin and was working for the fire brigade so he was alowed sirens blue lights police and fire band radios also he had this drive computer that told you if it was icy and had something to do with the cruise control, it became a sort of under cover high tec car. I called it the british KITT.
I wish I still had the photos it was one of the coolest things my dad built back then.

Gadjet
My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/gadget127 contains my own vids Street Hawk vs Knight rider, Knight rider/Mad max music vids and lots of high octaine action

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:46 pm

I'm one of these diehard fans that watched KR when it first was on. It was in the early 80s and I was a preteen. That was the one show that I wouldn't miss. I loved KITT and I had the biggest crush on Hasselhoff.

Mr.MojoRisin
Volunteer

Post by Mr.MojoRisin » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:16 pm

Started watching it when it first came on. I'm thirty now, so I'd have been about 5 or 6. Fell in love with it and never looked back.

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:26 pm

September 26th, 1982 was the day that my little brother was born. I was at the hospital all day sitting in the waiting room reading comic books and then my Aunt came and got me and took me to her house that night and I watched the first episode with her, my uncle and my cousins. It was a REALLY great day!

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:32 am

I'm also the ones who watched Knight Rider when it first aired. Here in Finland, it started on January 10th 1984 and they aired Knight of the Phoenix all 2 hours at once. I missed it in that day but the very next day at school my friends who knew I liked cars, said you gotta see it. One of the mates had VHS-video and after school we went to his place to watch it. I was 9 years old then but still clearly remember that.

From the moment the intro sequence started, head on view to KITT's nose with scanner on, purple futuristic tint in the picture and of course the awesome theme music, that's the point when I was hooked to KR and still am :D Never missed another episode ever again.