KITT car poll

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What type of car should KITT be in our modern age?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:32 am

Ford Mustang
7%
McLaren Mercedes
2%
Nissan GT-R
5%
Acura NSX Sports Car Concept
41%
Koenigsegg CCX
No votes
09 Chevy Camaro
27%
One of a kind, unseen/custom designed concept.
17%

Total votes: 41

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KITT car poll

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:32 am

I've come to the decision to create a poll on what the general public believes the new KITT should be in the feature film. I am not putting the Trans Am or a corvette as an option because it will not serve as useful information in this discussion.

If you vote for one of those it's basically throwing your vote away.

I think Glen needs to really find out for himself what the people prefer besides the original car and I will share the results with him accordingly.

DO NOT vote for the 82 Trans Am or any other generation, it simply will not help. We are completely aware of your protests and desires to feature that car but at this point it's just not doable.

=VK=

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:33 am

For me, it's a choice between the Acura NSX Concept or the one-of-a-kind, unseen/custom designed concept. Normally I would opt to go with the unseen/custom designed concept, but I like the look of K.I.T.T. as the Acura Concept so much that I'm going to have to go with that. If for whatever reason Glen is not able to use this car, then by all means I think he should have his own car designed for the film. So, my vote goes for the Acura.

Out of curiosity, Victor, didn't Glen already decide on a new vehicle besides the 2009 Camaro? Has he changed his mind, or is it just no longer possible for him to use the new car he picked? Or, is he just trying to get a feel for what the fans like and is willing to change his mind?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:21 am

Make it a Camaro and look like the orignal KITT with an integrated bumper, and black everything out. It should be like when they first started the show, a hot muscle car that is not an unrealistic concept. The Camaro is the best choice and GM should be involved with this film! I am going to try soon to make a Camaro Photoshop with an integrated scanner and the look of KITT, please take this into consideration VK and let Glen know that we need an orignal Muscle Car for the show that has sleek bodylines and a bad ass look.

Although KITT does look nice as the Acura photoshop I saw but I believe if everyone saw KITT as the Camaro they would like it too.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:39 am

There's an existing one. Doesn't look entirely bad, but if people are going to use the argument that "the car of tomorrow has the look of yesterday," it has to apply to the Camaro, too. Besides, I thought Glen gave up on the Camaro because of the Transformers movie.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:45 am

I have seen that allready but I plan to create a much more realistic chop, although I believe that this car would be perfect! Just look at the body lines and the sleekness, why make it an Acura Concept? We need it to be a badass looking car to agree with the darkness of the script, not a concept car that will probably cost more to get and Acura may not want to do it anyway. Keep it American and Muscle like the original! CAMARO. I wish GM would consider making the Firebird again but they don't want to anytime soon, Glen should get in contact with them and propose to help a Firebird to return or atleast some interest to help.

BTW VK its a 2010 model Camaro when it comes out.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:12 pm

The movie will be a re-imagining of the Pilot for a new generation. That means new actors and a new car. Therefore, the same formula that was used for the car for the original series (i.e. K.I.T.T. being an every-day car) doesn't need to apply. If this were a continuation like the telepic will be, I would agree with your line of reasoning, but it's not.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:18 pm

Lost Knight wrote:The movie will be a re-imagining of the Pilot for a new generation. That means new actors and a new car. Therefore, the same formula that was used for the car for the original series (i.e. K.I.T.T. being an every-day car) doesn't need to apply. If this were a continuation like the telepic will be, I would agree with your line of reasoning, but it's not.
I agree they are starting fresh and need a new "look", but for the script that will be dark and similar to Batman Begins I assume which is also dark, why wouldn't they want a badass car that is perfect for a "dark" look such as the Corvette Z06 or upcoming 650hp ZR1, the 2010 Camaro, or any American car that can contribute to the movie, not an import.

This is the new 09 Corvette ZR-1 Coming Out:

Last edited by JJSoCrazy on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:22 pm

Actually it's a 09 Camaro according to Tom DeSanto and GM's website unless they've recently pushed it back again. We've considered many different cars in our pursuit to find the best fit for the new KITT. None of which can be discussed publically because as we know, once you announce something specifically you've yet to acquire people/studios will rush out to claim it first then try to extort you into paying more for it.

At this time there has been no confirmed selection for the new KITT and there is no harm in tossing around different ideas. This poll is to allow Glen to have some perspective on what cars we should continue to consider and what cars should be ruled out. The camaro was considered in early stages but due to Dreamwork's ironclad hold over the concept and production camaros it's highly unlikely they would allow it to be used for both Bumblebee and KITT.

I put up a range of cars as an example of what we feel could work to fill in KITT's very specific shoes. Remember Glen is trying to involve the fans by tracking feedback and using that to try and find a middle ground to do what we can to try and find a compromise that will keep the majority of the fans satisfied.

I have expressed to him many times the vital importance of having fan support in this project. We can't get all of you to agree with our decisions but we can at least try to meet you half way on some of them.

He does care about his fan support and his belief that, "One man and his car can make a difference."

Remember the seal's creed and trust in his imagination and direction.

=VK=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:36 pm

It will be a 2010 because the car is coming out early 09 and being built late 08, similar to when the 2007 Escalade came out in early 06 as an 07 model, here is a site to confirm some info on the new Camaro:

http://camaro5.com/
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:37 pm

Well one thing for sure we know the new kitt won't be a ford mustang. ( for the big screen) I would go for the new camero first but if not available I could live with the Acura. Victor excellent idea having this poll.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:52 pm

Acura or Camaro ;-) I like both of them. I don't even know which one is better for me, so i can't vote.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:17 pm

The '82 Trans-Am was very futuristic car back then compared to the other cars at the time that were boxy, had sharp edges, lots of chrome etc.
Michael Scheffe's KITT design was also brilliant and definetely ahead of it's time, for example first to use LEDs in the dash, etc.

Now we've seen many different styles in car design, from boxy cars to soft rounded shapes, from retro to the shape that was once thought as a futuristic and suitable for only concept cars. The problem is, what is futuristic now when we've seen everything? Also what could be as timeless design as the '82 Trans-Am?
The Acura looks cool and might work nicely as the new KITT but maybe some custom made car that resembles the '82 Trans-Am but still have modern design mixed in it might be ok too.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:33 pm

Nice to see this thread is getting a good amount of views.

Remember every vote counts.

=VK=

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:19 pm

My vote goes for the Camaro. It loks sleek and elegant yet in a way meneacing. It would give Kitt a new style which would fit in the gritty 2000's era.

subliminal1284
Volunteer

Post by subliminal1284 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:08 pm

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, Make KITT a Mustang and the show will be dead in the water before it even comes out. If you cant make it a camaro make it a corvette or a 02 WS6 Trans am.

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:54 pm

I'm not too crazy about kitt as a mustang like the rest of you...but the mustang's been around for a long time.I'm sure they can come up with a more suitable car.
Last edited by Knight452 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show's Over...Go Home!

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:37 pm

I still vote for the Acura. I don't know what it is about that car, but I just love it. It's a concept car right now, but if Acura finds out a movie is interested in using it, that could be a major marketing opportunity and push the car into production.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Post by KentuckyKITT » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:03 pm

I voted for a "one of a kind/unseen custom concept" I realize it's expensive to do so, but it absolutely catches audiences attention or at least mine when you see something on screen that you cannot purchase for yourself and it makes it more magical I think. I think back to the movie "The Wraith," excellent car. How about the 89 Batmobile...another excellent car (even though there are those that build replicas of it) but when it came out, you couldn't run out and buy one. Also, I feel that with so much advertisement for car makers, it really ruins the movie for me sometimes. I loved "Transformers," but the Ebay thing was getting on my nerves. That was clearly advertisement as was the cars. Although, I did like seeing the 09 Camaro driving...since I will own one when they come out. I would love to see something not store bought or in existance for this movie and something that captures the spirit of the 82 Trans Am but in a more futuristic universe.

Bryan
"KITT, if this is just a toy factory, I'm Peter Pan."

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:58 am

i say go with the acura nsx it is the closest thing i have seen to the original trans am look, and it is very futuristic looking, i think the camaro is too boxy looking to be kitt.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:06 am

The last I will say in this thread is that "the car of tomorrow" should not have a retro look. The Acura NSX Concept is futuristic enough without being too over-the-top, and even manages to have a muscular feel to it. I feel those characteristics overshadow the fact that it's not technically an American car.

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:23 am

The Acura is about as perfect as we are gonna get I think. It even got a place to put the scanner! Perfectly feasible to a) get the concept for the Movie, b) get them to build another or c) (most realistic) to get permission to use another car to make it look like the Acura, in the same way as they used a Dodge Stealth to mimic the Pontiac Banshee Concept Car.
But yeah, I think from the poll we already have a CLEAR winner. Lets hope Victor/Glen can weave some magic and put the NBC Mustang to shame :lol:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:27 pm

If you want the Acura to stand a chance, it will have to win by a landslide and by that I mean we have to have at least 100 votes in favor of it in order for the message to be received loud and clear.

=VK=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:56 pm

In all honesty the Acura concept isn't that great looking, looks just like a sconcept that bites the idea of the "bubble look" with a clear top. The lines look so irregular especially compared to the Camaro.

The only thing I agree with is that the scanner looks pretty good and integrates well, however, why not try to integrate it on all cars. Although if need be I rather see it as the Acura concept than all the other cars on the list. It looks representable when all the pics are seen:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-previ ... ncept.html

Hopefully I will be done with the photoshop that I promised I will try and create to show KITT truly as a Camaro

Don't know if anyone noticed but don't the front lights look like a newer version of the 80's Trans Am that KITT was with LED's?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:31 pm

I've decided I will show Glen this thread the next time I see him tomorrow night. Get your votes in, they will have a part in what he decides to do I am sure.

=VK=

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:55 pm

Victor exactly how does this poll work? Because right now as it stands its a tie between the acura and camero. For the Acura vote its Lost knight, Lady V 2000, Knight probe and Flemmo. For the Camero vote its jjsocrazy, Subliminal 1284,Hungary Knight and of course me.