KITT is a dang Mustang....?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT is a dang Mustang....?

Post by msKEN » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:01 pm

Source:

http://jalopnik.com/cars/knight-rider/k ... 327175.php

What is the world coming to?
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:17 pm

I certainly hope the car won't be a Mustang. But, if I were part of the crew of this upcoming movie, I would release a false rumor just to throw everybody off suspicion. Perhaps that's all this is? I hope so, for Universal's sake!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:44 pm

Well I don't know if this is somewhat related but I heard that one of the reasons the trans am and camaro were discontinued was because the mustang outsold them both combined.

We have to consider that this may be an entirely new series where this will be referred to the Knight Three Thousand which may not be the same kitt we all know and love rather a new car with a new personality,think Attack Beast from Team Knight Rider.That mustang may be a different personality entirely than kitt.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:30 am

NOOOOOOOOOO! No, no, no, no, no, no..... It just doesn't fit. KITT has to have a sleek, futuristic look to remain true to the story... I am SO hoping this is a rumor. :roll:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:02 am

Knight Racer wrote:We have to consider that this may be an entirely new series where this will be referred to the Knight Three Thousand which may not be the same kitt we all know and love rather a new car with a new personality,think Attack Beast from Team Knight Rider.That mustang may be a different personality entirely than kitt.
Yes and that worked sooooo well for Team Knight Rider.

Seriously though, a car of tomorrow should not look like the car of yesterday. The new Mustang is a retro restyling to make the car look like a mustang from the 60's but with a modern suspension and engine. If they are going that route they might as well just keep using a Trans Am. For NBCU's sake I hope this leaked information turns out to be just one of the "shapes" KITT morphs into in the pilot.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:16 pm

KITT should be a CORVETTE or the new CAMARO not a damn Mustang.

KITT looked nothing liked that nor shared any body lines of that car. Also GM would rather do that because they did it before with Pontiac why not do it again and remake the connection they had.

The Vette and Camaro share the body lines with the old KITT and looks much sleeker, how on earth will they integrate a scanner and mold the car like the old Trans Am?

subliminal1284
Volunteer

Post by subliminal1284 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:26 pm

If there are any producers and or staff reading these forums please take my advice, DO NOT make KITT a mustang. If you do the show is dead before it even comes out, it will be a recipe for disaster and the show WILL fail. It will go the way of Team Knight Rider. I am on many other car forums and pretty much everyone feels the same way, KITT should not be any Ford or Import product. But dont take my word for it go waste a few million dollars but dont say I didnt tell you so.

nbcviper
Rookie

Post by nbcviper » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:25 pm

I don't know, Bob Lutz is in charge of chevy and he's a smart guy. He hopefully will make them use his Camaro in the new series. I find that mustang is too much like that damn challenger and even worse they made a Cuda and it looks like HELL! Anyways, I think a Camaro or like how the Challenger and Cuda (supposedly) will debut at the 2008 Autoshow together.... is there a possibility of a Trans Am/firebird for Chevy :S Maybe?? Well when Lutz was at Chrysler he must have had his foot in some of those amazing 90's designs, The 1999 Charger concept is a amazingly gorgeous machine that after Lutz left in 2001 (I believe) his designs sadly went with him. :evil:

Now imagine that 1999 Charger Concept as Kitt??? :D
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:12 pm

OH GODS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

a Pontiac Rageous or nothing- it's the only logical choice!
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:21 pm

Pictures are out!!

http://jalopnik.com/cars/knight-rider/e ... 327687.php

I question if it's legit or not - the scanner looks a bit photoshoped

KnightSlider
Volunteer

Post by KnightSlider » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:37 pm

:shock:
if this is really the new car, this show is dead!
this is ugly..
they take a remake of an old car, to make the car of the future!
very smart!

:

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:26 pm

F-L-A-S-H-B-A-C-K- TO: Team Knightrider...
a mustang & babe at the wheel.....
(que the music of Autograph- blondes in black cars...tho it don't fit the scene )

need we say more...pull the microchip now!
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:26 pm

I agree a Mustang isn't a natural choice, but things could be worse.
Remeber that they can mod the stock car in a similar way as the original Pontiac

Original 82 Trans AM

Series 3/4 KITT

and remember the car they wanted for Knight Rider 2000 was the Pontiac Banshee concept, but as Pontiac weren't interested, they took a 1991 Dodge Stealth and made it look like the Pontiac Concept - proof that the stock car doesn't have to bear any resemblence to the finished article.

1991 Dodge Stealth donor car

End result (oh dear!)

Who knows, they might even use the Giugiaro Concept Mustang? Not a million miles away from the Camero and certainly prettier than the Knight 4000!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:08 pm

I'm aware of how different they can make the Mustang look just as they did with the 1991 Stealth turning into the Knight 4000. Only problem is, if the Mustang pictures are indeed supposed to be the actual car being used, it's been said that the Photoshop is just holding the place of the supposed existing scanner. Which means virtually no changes whatsoever with the rest of the car's body.

Honestly, while I'm not crazy about the idea of using the 2009 Camaro (not to mention that it can't be used anymore, anyway), I think it would at least work much better in the upcoming telepic than in Glen's feature film. If for no better reason because it's the closest thing to a modern day Trans Am, is/will be a new car on the market, and will still be American muscle. And as I said in another thread, it would follow the same design thought process that went into the original '82 Trans Am since the telepic is a continuation. But this is all hypothetically speaking, of course.

nite rida
Volunteer

Post by nite rida » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:26 am

HEY EVERYBODY NEW KNIGHT RIDER FAN HERE, WELL I DO AGREE IM DISAPPOINTED A LITTLE BIT, BUT I THINK THEY CAN REALLY MAKE THE MUSTANG LOOK PRETTY COOL AS KITT, IT KINDA FITS, THE "ROOK" OF THE KNIGHT FOUNDATION LOGO, AND NOW THE MUSTANG HORSE?? BUT I CREATED A VERSION OF THE NEW KITT,

THE WAY IT COULD LOOK IF THEY DID IT RIGHT....WHAT DO YALL THINK??
'ONE MAN CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:22 am

nite rida wrote:HEY EVERYBODY NEW KNIGHT RIDER FAN HERE, WELL I DO AGREE IM DISAPPOINTED A LITTLE BIT, BUT I THINK THEY CAN REALLY MAKE THE MUSTANG LOOK PRETTY COOL AS KITT, IT KINDA FITS, THE "ROOK" OF THE KNIGHT FOUNDATION LOGO, AND NOW THE MUSTANG HORSE?? BUT I CREATED A VERSION OF THE NEW KITT,

THE WAY IT COULD LOOK IF THEY DID IT RIGHT....WHAT DO YALL THINK??
I like it, not too shabby. Hopefully they can integrate the scanner a little more like they did with the original KITT and make a special front bumper and of cource NO STRIPES! ALL BLACKED OUT!

Other than that very nice job, BTW it's the Knight Industries Three Thousand, Knight 3000, lol :)

Also I just thought of this, maybe they used the GT500 KR because KR is for Knight Rider? Who knows? :lol:

nite rida
Volunteer

Post by nite rida » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:37 am

thanks... yeah im intersted to see how they make up this story,, it would be really cool to see like the son of michael night have the gt 500 stock like it is, and then the holf comes and pimps the k.i.t.t. conversion into it.. like the pilot of the first series, remember kitt wasnt born a supercar, he was made one from michael long's stock trans am...
'ONE MAN CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:13 am

It looks that NBC is mad of Fords. In Knight Rider 2010 was used Ford Mustang 1969, in Team Knight Rider was used Ford Expedition 1997-1998, Ford Mustang 1997-1998, Ford F150 1997-1998, and now Ford Mustang 2008.

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:16 am

yeah I think their 1st consideration was which was the best deal finacially. It is possible they still have some agreement with Ford therefore it was always going to be a ford. But a Mustang? Even a Probe would have been better. Now that is a worry!

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:46 pm

I heard about the fact Mustang would become the new car for the TV show... I like it... but hey... I love Ford sooo yes. I guess the new GT500 King Road will now be known as a GT500 Knight Rider. Can't wait to see the real car... if its true... and I hope they find a cool place for the scanner.

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:02 am

I swear someone stole my idea for a Mustang to be used.

Hear me out; I have written a fan-fiction series on DevianArt for nearly three years now called 'Knight Rider Special' (yes, I am aware that there was a game of the same name, I didn't realise this till earlier this year) and of the things I did in that series is bring in a new Knight car/character called D.E.L.I.A. (that's short for the Divine Elegant Logical Intelligent Automobile) and she (yes, I said 'she') is a 2005 Ford Red Mustang

Here is what HungarianKnight did for me a few years to show what DELIA looks like Image

Here's her dash http://davemetlesits.deviantart.com/art ... a-38065934

And what she would like in 3D Image

It may just be co-incidence, but I swear that they took my idea.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:58 am

MJknight wrote:I swear someone stole my idea for a Mustang to be used.
I would say it's more a case of too few coupes being on the market... and even fewer manufacturers willing to typecast their flagship sports cars to a made-for-TV movie.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:39 pm

Heck I made a poster a few years back featuring a Ford as the new KITT... I still remember the "owww its not a TA remarks"... but yes MJ who knows... maybe they liked your idea of a Knight Rider Mustang and my Knight Rider Ford... or maybe Ford liked it (most likely :D ).

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:30 pm

Well, if Ford and NBCU had ties together and a Ford was the most practical choice for the new K.I.T.T., I think the only Ford that could have worked was the GT in your avatar, Solid Snake.

nbcviper
Rookie

Post by nbcviper » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:47 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Well, if Ford and NBC had ties together and a Ford was the most practical choice for the new K.I.T.T., I think the only Ford that could have worked was the GT in your avatar, Solid Snake.

Agreed! I see to many Mustangs on the road.... the 82 T/A was the only car that was different and not seen much of until after Knight Rider. Why not do the same aka The new Camaro. The Camaro is different, stylish, low, wide, designed around the previous Camaro(s).... If KITT is a freakin Mustang HA like hell I'll watch it. See KITT could be anything, NBC has done TV shows with different car compaines:

Viper (1994 NBC VERSION) - Sponsored by Chrysler
Knight Rider - "Some vehicles furbished by Pontiac"
A-Team - Sponsored by Chevy
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER