The New KITT - First Pictures

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The New KITT - First Pictures

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:37 pm

REMOVED by me
Last edited by Joe Huth on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KnightSlider
Volunteer

Post by KnightSlider » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:38 pm

KnightSlider wrote::shock:
if this is really the new car, this show is dead!
this is ugly..
they take a remake of an old car, to make the car of the future!
very smart!

:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:45 pm

I had just posted that here: http://knightrideronline.com/phpbb/view ... 938#124938

But the more I look at it (and see Toni's handy work in the other thread) the more I think this is just Photoshop.

Look at a shot of the car without the scanner (http://www.buscatuning.com/blog/fotos/p ... t500kr.jpg) it already has that grill at the top - there is nothing new to it.

Also the light from the scanner is to uniform and there is no reflection or difusion of the light onto the body. The lights stop at the edge of the opening - and if anyone has seen a KITT in person knows - is that the light reflects on the surface around it.

You can even see the headlights and foglights that are off reflecting on the body - but the GIANT red scanner has no reflection?

FAKE. Let's not call out the lynch mob just yet.

Last edited by neps on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:45 pm

PONTIAC RAGEOUS OR A GM RESERECT....THIS PIC IS DISGUSTING!

no ford here.....that is appalling....! What next? a morphing Dodge Viper
a white race car with a #5 on it & whirling saw blades that jut out from under the nose? How about a tricked out, armored customized black limo (chrylser300-modern ) deivein by a ninja, wealthy newsman-business tychoon- who attack the mob-underword but are wanted by the law.
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:54 pm

You don't believe that this will be KITT, do you?
I mean, come on. This is one of the cheapest Photoshop manipulations I have seen. (Nah ok, I've seen worse ones, but this still looks stupid)
If you know how to use a mouse you can do this in 2 minutes.

There is no correct lighting, no sharp edges, it's totally blurry...
heck, even the "scanner" is in the same position on both shots.

They can write what they want, and maybe KITT will be a Shelby, but this is not the car for the series. So don't buy everything they are trying to sell.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:34 pm

Here's a thought that just crossed my mind since this is a new series,how do we even know there even will be a scanner?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:14 pm

I hate to break it to you but the majority of photos on jalopnik are fan based images.

If you honestly believe this picture is legit, you really need to pay more attention to principles of reality. Do not take your images from jalopnik's website, their satirical image of the first Mustang with the cheesy lens flare should be proof enough they're not a reliable source for advanced information on movie cars.

As far as the scanner goes, did you not notice there is a break in it? How would they even manage to make a consistant line across two different bars? Nothing in this image makes any sense whatsoever. It doesn't even have any defining edges to convey how it would be mounted.

I understand graphics and photoshop manipulations. This is by far one of the more poor attempts out there. I mean you can even see the obvious feathering around the red "light(s)" and there's no sections between the housing of the scanner "bar".

Joe, you and Richie wrote Knight Rider Legacy, I would expect a closer attention to detail considering you're both considered to be trusted sources for Knight Rider information.

Really take time to evaluate what you find before declaring it authentic material.

I will make an exception for their coverage of the cars in Transformers however which was very well handled. As much as I question NBCU's intentions with their series, I highly doubt they would allow their prized possession to leak so easily.

I would expect a retraction from jalopnik in the near future for their jump the gun efforts to "get the story first."

=VK=

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:58 pm

Victor you are probably right. Someone made these up so they can sell them quick and make a fast buck.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:11 pm

*ahem*
UPDATE: Ford PR tells us this is the real car -- the actual car to be used in the show -- but someone did photoshop the red light because "it wasn't working at the effects studio yesterday."
Why would Ford PR respond to this photo? Don't they know that by stating the car is real they've just pissed off their marketing department? Somehow I don't believe Ford would be that unprofessional and they're not likely to endorse someone "photoshopping" the light because it wasn't "working". They would be pissed the images were even released and would take measures to DENY it.

Standard PR proceedure.

Why doesn't jalopnik just admit they were duped and quit trying to cling to its authenticity? The most I would believe is that this is the stock car NBCU is starting with but hasn't been modified yet.

This is another example of poor judgment that hurts the integrity of a website. I've lost respect for jalopnik.com after this incident.

=VK=

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:17 pm

Looks like to me that someone is trying to cover up their tracks??

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:40 pm

I'm not commenting about the pics being legit or not. I'm just saying that that car is one ugly mofo...as K.I.T.T.. Also it looks way too stock to be the real thing.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:56 pm

victor kros wrote:Really take time to evaluate what you find before declaring it authentic material.
Last edited by msKEN on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:07 pm

My guess is that some fan capitalized on the latest rumors of K.I.T.T. being a Mustang and created this poorly detailed Photoshop. Or, perhaps a fan already made this picture and this is where the rumors originated from. Either way, it has already been admitted that this is fake.

If K.I.T.T. is indeed going to be a Mustang, I'm sure the producers would at least take the time to craft an entirely new nose that can better accomodate a scanner. I wouldn't sweat this. A lot of people believed the "Knight Will Fall 2008" poster was real, too, and that was a better Photoshop than this.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:14 pm

I don't doubt KITT is a mustang and most likely the mustang pictured, but the photos with the scanners are with out a doubt 100% fake.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:33 pm

I'VE DECIDED TO RETRACT ALL STATEMENTS.
Last edited by Joe Huth on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knight rider uk
Rookie
Location: somewhere over the rainbow way up high theres the one that i dream of once in a lulleby.

Post by knight rider uk » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:40 pm

its got 2 much meat! on it to be kitt- :evil:
I knew when i first saw you, how could i not adore you,you kissed away my tears and washed away my pain-and now the sun is riseing

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:42 pm

Joe Huth wrote:HOWEVER, the Shelby Mustang IS the new KITT for the NBC Pilot. That much is fact. My error comes in the title of the thread - I should have clarified that it was not, in fact, confirmed.

Joe
I'm confused. If it's not confirmed, how can you say it is fact that K.I.T.T. will be a Shelby Mustang?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:49 pm

I'VE DECIDED TO RETRACT ALL STATEMENTS.
Last edited by Joe Huth on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:49 pm

Good question Lost Knight,

Let us also keep in mind that just because jalopnik says it's the official car doesn't make it true until NBCU or Ford announces it from official sources like their websites or in the trades.

Joe if you are referring to Shapeshifter, he only said Mustangs were involved he didn't say KITT was a mustang much less the make or model. I would love to see what post from KRUK you are citing as support for your claims of authenticity.

=VK=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:48 pm

Having a Mustang as KITT isn't the greatest idea but if they were to bring it to Rob Louisell or George Barris to create a special front bumper like they did with KITT on the Trans Am. If they integrate the scanner and make the car all black (Rims, rints, blacked out lights, etc.) it will look good!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:43 pm

Barris didn't design the bumper for KITT, that's all Scheffe's doing. All Barris did was modify Scheffe's existing designs and build over them for SPM.

=VK=

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:16 pm

I'd rather see KITT as the new Pontiac G8 (even though it's a 4-door) than a Mustang. The pony car it's really novel anymore.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:16 am

Hmm.... the car of tomorrow... with the look of yesterday? :roll:

I'm not buying it.... not in that state. Even after disregarding the horrible Photoshop work, the scanner is an AWFUL design. It's possible that the Mustang could be one of the shapeshifting cars, I guess.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:27 am

*ahem*
UPDATE: Ford PR tells us this is the real car -- the actual car to be used in the show -- but someone did photoshop the red light because "it wasn't working at the effects studio yesterday."
Has now been revised to
UPDATE: Sources with the involved companies tell us this is the real car -- the actual car to be used in the show. But, because "it wasn't working at the effects studio yesterday, someone did photoshop the red light."
I do believe someone over at jalopnik landed in some hot water, I especially admire how all of a sudden the words, "Ford PR tells us this is the real car" mysteriously disappeared faster then Knight Rider 2010's ratings.

Additionally shouldn't their "involved companies" inform them that the KITT in the tv show is the Knight Industries Three Thousand and not the KI Two Thousand?

The accuracy game is over.

Check and mate.

=VK=

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:54 am

That Mustang Is The New Knight Industries 3000.

Deal with it people.

The Knight Industries 2000 makes an "appearance" as well courtesy of Rob Louisell's licensed Universal KITT replica parts.

I've known it for over 4 weeks. I spent two days with Mr. Barris and Rob Louisell in Little Rock, Arkansas where Knight Rider and the new show was discussed.

And there are more "cameos" as well.

http://www.roblouisell.com will have more information soon, since I am the webmaster of that site.