All Systems Go Michael.

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

All Systems Go Michael.

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:01 am

Greetings,

It is my pleasure to inform you that word has come back on the Knight Rider feature film script that was submitted to TWC before the WGA deadline. The good news is that TWC enjoys 80% of the script, with questions/revisions to about 20% of it. This means the bulk of Glen's ideas should remain in tact in a shooting script. The downside is that with 20% needing work, it will still cause the movie to delay shooting mostly due to the WGA strike.

However this means that it's just that much closer to becoming a reality. When they reach a 100% approval, the movie will officially move into production. It is estimated that the movie will have a 2010 release date. They are accounting for the time it will take to polish the script, design and build sets, scout locations, casting, principle photography, and of course the most time consuming will be visual effects work.

This all takes awhile and it is our hope that taking this time to make sure things are done right will win out over trying to rush the project into production.

It is my hope we don't have to wait that long but I am making my best efforts to ensure if we fans must wait longer for this movie to hit the screen, there is ample coverage and marketing done to keep the anticipation alive and make sure the fans remain vigilant to experience Glen's vision grace the silver screen. Every measure is being taken to try and ensure that this movie will not disappoint, has a solid storyline that's faithful to the original source material, and a movie you will want to experience more then once on the big screen.

(and yes, will have turbo boost and other elements that are unique to Knight Rider.)

The movie is officially greenlit and the script has moved into the second stage of pre-production. Once a shooting script is estabilshed the movie will move into full production. Casting will begin, sets will be designed, built and so on.

We are tossing some ideas around that will involve allowing Glen to have more interaction with his fans and give his personal notes/updates/reports on the status of his movie as well as exclusive content you will find announced no where else. Details are too sketchy to go into at the moment and when I have something more solid, I will expand futher on what he has in mind.

I know you've been patient, all I can ask at this point is that you just keep the faith and wait a bit longer. This movie is happening, there can be no doubts and it's only a matter of time before things turbo boost into high gear.

I would expect the feature to move into production very early 2008.

One movie can make a difference...one man can make it happen.

=VK=

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:24 am

that sounds great victor, i dont mind waiting till 2010 for the movie, as long as it gets done right and true to the original series, i hope the writers strike ends soon so they can get the the script finished, i will be very happy to know that the movie has gone into production. please keep us advised of any new info on the movie.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:34 am

So the movie's release date is 2010? Oh well at least by then we will know if the tv movie is a hit or a complete disaster. Or we could be watching the second or third season of the new knight rider series.

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:37 am

whats the truth about kitt being a mustang? can u shed some light on this?
--knightman--

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:49 am

There talking about it over at knight rider uk and at the foundation. Sorry I don't have a link to give you Victor but you are probably better on the computer then I am anyways. Looks like no one is happy about it including myself. I forgot a thread has been started here also.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:59 am

Having a later release date is a risk we're going to have to take. If we want to do it this project right it's going to take time. In the end it will be up to the fans to decide the outcome.

Glen does not want to rush out an inferior film with shoddy design and a poorly constructed plot just to beat a deadline. It's not tv, it's a motion picture and that makes the audience's expectations placed on a higher level.

We don't have an entire season to tell our story, we have about two hours and thirty minutes max.

Let's hope we'll come out ahead and be able to release the film sooner then 2010. Either way it works out expect more announcements, media coverage, and action to be taken beginning early 2008 from Glen's camp once the script is locked and production begins.

Regarding the NBCU series - This question is better asked to Shapeshifter since he has more intimate details about the pilot progress.

I cover the feature film, he covers the NBCU tv series. Those were our terms and I'm honoring that agreement.

=VK=

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:55 am

Victor shapeshifter has said that he won't be doing anymore posts about the series for awhile he says that somewhere on this board. Somthing about everything being kept under wraps. I think he has been flushed out. The leak has been plugged.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:46 am

Nelson B the next time you choose to go off to thefoundation.net (which you should know I do not support) and post information I share here on KRO, please make sure you're accurate before misrepresenting myself and making accusations against The Weinstien Co.

I have people who look out for me and keep an eye on where my content is being shared, especially for accuracy.

You should have noted that I stated the release date for the Knight Rider feature film is estimated to be 2010. That is not an official release date yet, despite imdb's information.

It all depends on how quickly TWC will approve the script and begin putting the picture into production.

Hardly cold feet, more like invested interest in quality over quantity.

=VK=

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:53 am

I don't care if the project takes until 2015; I've always maintained that I'd rather see it done right. Honestly, I would expect it to take that long, anyway. (Especially if there is a considerable amount of CGI involved.) It sounds like Glen and Victor are on the right track, and 20 percent of the script being changed doesn't sound all too bad. I'm also pleased to hear about the plans to maintain proper media coverage, because for a lot of people, 2010 is a long time to wait.

Ironically, it looks like there really will be a Knight Rider 2010. :wink:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:38 am

I agree with Lost Knight, finally some positive news this week about Knight Rider, well done Glen and well done VK!!

Nick

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 am

Thank you VK. Once again you have came through, as you always do, with the latest news on the Wienstien movie project. So the soonest we could possibly see Knight Rider on the big screen should be around 2010 huh? Wow... Well at least we got the NBCU 2 hour pilot to look forward to. When I say "we", of course I am refering to all the devoted fans of the world of Knight Rider, who have all PATIENTLY been waiting for any new version of our show on the screen (big or small) I really hope the NBCU version deos well enough to get picked up as a new series come fall of next year. So far I can't say nothing negative about it, the cast looks great, sounds like a decent plot, and with shows like HEROES out there(also a big NBC property), you know the production values should be high. It would be nice to have the neries, and then a feature film, even if the two have no relation. I really don't think the fans, after waiting for so long would care, as long as we got them both and in good quality. Anyway you look at it, it's a good time for us Knight Rider fans! 8)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:42 am

This is great news Victor, thanks for keeping us updated. Please send our congrats to Glen. I for one don't mind waiting - as long as it is done faithful and respectful.

Other series have had to wait even longer than us for revivals, and having run this site for 11 years now, patience comes with the game.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:11 pm

Nice to know these things. Glen and I appreciate the support and we are making our best efforts to make this project a blockbuster success.

=VK=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:19 pm

Excellent news, let them take the time to create a blockbuster and make the best movie for our time while remaking a classic in the right way. Keep us posted!

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:30 pm

This is truly great news!!!
VK-You said that TWC has questions/revisions on about 20% of the script. That seems like a small percentage. Is this normal for a script, or is Glenn that awesome are writing scripts? I know very little about the movie-making business, so please bear with me. :D

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:11 am

It's not just the Weinstiens you have to get to approve the movie script, you also have to make sure the director they choose for the project also approves.

Usually a script will end up 60% approved or in some cases it can be thrown out entirely and rewritten by a new writer as with many superhero scripts these days. Wonder Woman for instance is still being toyed with along with the JLA movie.

Tom DeSanto had to keep at least 60% of his ideas for the Transformers script in tact in order to get a Producer and Writing credit.

A script these days begins with a general treatment (2-6 pages), which is then adjusted and approved to the next stage in which either the original treatment writer or a specified writing staff will pen the first draft of the master script (or screenplay) and fine tune it until it's clean enough to produce a shooting script which the director references along with the visual effects departments.

In very rare cases such as Pirates of the Caribbean, a studio may choose to shoot a movie without a completed script in hand and essentially write it as they go along. Pirates was an exception because Disney wished to turn their stand alone movie "Curse of the Black Pearl" into a trilogy which in my opinion didn't fit well together and grew worse in story structure as it went along.

In that matter however they only had so much time to shoot in the Caribbean so the writer's were on location writing 2 and 3 and essentially giving the director and film crew directions on what to shoot which they would then assemble together later in post production.

Unlike Lord of the Rings which was shot on location for all three films, only Pirates 2 and 3 were shot at the same time.

Glen has experience in his corner which allows him more flexibility as well as stipulations on his creative control over the script and production of the film. Normally the studios will maintain the majority of control over the progress of a script and often it will conflict with the original screenwriter's vision.

80% is definately a great place to start and above the average approval rate but it's only half the battle. When you have a shooting script both Glen, the director, and TWC approve of then we're on our way but the picture is moving forward regardless and that's what matters at this point.

The only thing holding up the process now is the WGA strike which is rumored to be ending soon. Until this matter is resolved, legally Glen cannot work on the revisions TWC are suggesting.

=VK=

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:49 am

Hey, somethings are worth waiting for.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight