"Knight Rider Returns?" on Entertainment Tonight

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

"Knight Rider Returns?" on Entertainment Tonight

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:40 am

There was a very quick quote from Hasselhoff on Entertainment Tonight.
All he says is "you'll see me involved in a little show called 'Knight Rider' I think in the future."

What exactly does that mean? Impossible to tell from this clip. Hasselhoff has been saying for years that he'll be involved with an upcoming Knight Rider project so he may or may not be referring to the new NBC project.

http://www.knightridermovie.com/2008/et_10-5-07.mov (3MB Quicktime)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:14 am

I wonder if DH went to Universal yet or if he already was going to them about it? I mean I read where folks were saying that (yes, I know, another way to say 'rumor') Glen Larson hinted that DH wasn't going to be involved in the upcoming movie. And I know he wanted to be in KR badly. Wonder if he pitched his idea to Universal for a TV series?

Personally, I'd like to see both! :)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:32 am

Not to hassel the Hoff but back in 97 when TKR came out,Universal asked him to join them for a little show called TKR and he refused them.Possibly because he was in the middle of doing Baywatch in its final years.Why would Universal want to bring back the Hoff now that he wants in he's practically breaking down their door to get in on this because he's free in his "I have nothng to do now years".Theirs probably alot we don't know thats happened behind the scenes in negotiations and perhaps Universal's staff don't want him now?Or they could be learning from history and see how TKR went down in flames due to not having the Hoff.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:41 pm

Regarding Hasselhoff's "I have nothng to do now years".... The Hoff is still a huge draw. America's Got Talent was last summer's #1 show and it did very well this year too. A few years ago when Hasselhoff was talking about a new Knight Rider, he knew then that it was important to hand the keys over to younger actors. So it might not be that NBC thinks Hasselhoff isn't popular any more, it's just that he doesn't fit in with the direction they're going with the show.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:41 pm

I'm inclined to believe that David Hasselhoff is referencing the new pilot as opposed to Glen Larson's film. Doug Liman (director of the upcoming pilot) has said that he's interested in bringing back history any way that he can (or something to that effect), and so is Hasselhoff, obviously. So it seems that Liman would be a lot more likely to involve Hasselhoff in his project than Larson is with his. I do feel like Hasselhoff is unfortunately going to be in either one or the other, but not both. It would be nice if he could be in both projects, but perhaps we can't have our cake and eat it, too, so to speak.
Last edited by Lost Knight on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:16 am

I'm guessing it's the new NBC show as well. Notice he said "show" and not movie. Plus, I'm assuming that Glen Larson's movie is going to be a "reboot" of sorts, and that the new tv movie will be more of a continuation of the classic series.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:57 pm

Um, I'm glad he was on "Ent. Tonight" for something positive.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:08 pm

I HATE TO SAY IT...BUT IT LOOKS MORE &
MORE LIKE THE Hoff will have a diminished role in the movie by way of his work sched, etc. Still here's to hoping his part is more than cameo
" Silence....we have an intruder... "