Weinstein company to put Knight Rider into overdrive

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by cloudkitt » Tue May 22, 2007 12:28 am

AGREED! They should use that last generation Trans Am. It would make sense in terms of continuity and look damn cool!
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Kitsune_Baka
Recruit

Post by Kitsune_Baka » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:07 am

DarKSLaiN wrote:i would pay to saw something like this...
http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/16242/ ... 858_fs.jpg
Even though that is some dodgy Photoshop, I agree... that is EXACTLY what KITT should be in the new movie, A 4TH GEN (OR NEXT GEN) TRANS AM... not a Beetle, or a Corvette. KITT was born a T/A, he should go out (or be rebirthed) as one too... Whatever happened to the guy who had all those cool sketches of his ideas for the New KITT??? He had said he mailed David his art, I hope Hoff has sense enough to _USE_ it. That guy had some frigging impressive concept drawings.

As for how the Plot should run, I'm gunna hafta disagree with most of you and say that a "Continuation Story" would be a very bad idea. We can't be selfish about this, we hafta think of this in terms of "Re-Making" the franchise... None of these little kids are gunna watch a movie that doesn't even explain the backstory. Do you think little n00bie kids would have gone to see the Spiderman remake if they had just picked up from the end without even explaining how Peter Parker _BECAME_ Spiderman?

No, and if they did I'd think they'd be pretty confused afterwards. If they try to pick up from where Knight Rider 2000 left off, they may as well just release the movie straight to VHS (yes, I know nobody uses VHS anymore... I am trying unsucessfully to make a pun.) This movie is going to hafta find some way of pleasing both the Old Fans while impressing new younger converts at the same time. Also, this is gunna be a hard movie to pull off without seeming "Dated," look around you. Every soccer-mom Minivan has DVD players and LCD screens, everybody has Tom Tom personal navigators... All the things that were once unheard of except in the world of KR have become a common part of today's society. Reality is catching up with Science Fiction.

Hasselhoff is getting old, Mulhare is not around to play Devon anymore... They're going to _HAFTA_ find fresh young actors for the roles, that's all there is to it, or this thing just isn't going to work out. I know that in the minds of everyone on this board, you have this mental image of Hasselhoff still being Michael, and you want the movie to keep with the "Timeline" of KR2000. But KR 2000 happened in an alternate Year 2000. It would be stupid to make a movie in a time that we have already passed and if they try to base it even further in the Future its just gunna turn out stupid, like KITT fighting aliens and crazy crap.

Knight Rider has to be remade -FROM SCRATCH- if it is gunna be a movie that is shown in THEATRES and not "Straight to Video" like some kind of lame little Disney Sequel (Inspector Gadget 2, Lionking 1 1/2, Junglebook 2, Lilo & Stitch 2 and so on...)

http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive ... uels2.html

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:25 pm

I believe KITT should be a 1982-1992 Pontiac Firebird/ Trans am/ Fire Hawk and David Hassselhoff should have role in it too or you would be repeating the mistake of Knight Rider 2000. The newer generation Pontiacs are ugly. Edward Mulhare may be dead, but you could replace him with Michael Caine.
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:30 pm

AS K.I.T.T. would say: "car thieves have no sense of taste"
Save the Clocktower!

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:45 pm

what about the new 2011 Pontiac Trans Am (currently only a concept car) as the new KITT?

that's how it looks:
http://www.musclecars.at/?p=41

anybody up for some photoshop-action?

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:13 am

If you want your voices heard about getting this movie into production, I have created this petition to help the studios and Glen realize just how many people out there would support getting this great franchise on the big screen and would pay to see it.

This is your opportunity to let Glen A. Larson realize how much this cult favorite has touched, inspired, or otherwise impacted your lives. Let's find out just how passionate you are to see this film move into full production by signing this petition.

Please take the time to sign it and let your voices be heard so we can prove that one person can make a difference.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/knight-rider-movie

(victor_kros post on http://www.imdb.com)

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:00 pm

I don't understand. Isn't it already in the works with 'Weinstein Company'?
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:06 am

I don't belive this movie will ever happen.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:38 am

I concur.....

Speaking of movies,the latest Highlander movie is going to premiere on sci-fi channel & not in theaters...no Chris Lambert....Did we nothave a similar sitch with KR2000.....? bad,bad,bad.
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:39 am

I concur.....

Speaking of movies,the latest Highlander movie is going to premiere on sci-fi channel & not in theaters...no Chris Lambert....Did we not have a similar sitch with KR2000.....? bad,bad,bad.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:00 pm

I'm hoping it does happen. I also found a car that looks so cool I thought it'd make a great KITT. If not, then maybe a newer BTTF car. :)

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-lam ... on/392814/

The front nose.... that was hot! No.. maybe not KITT. But maybe KARR! Imagine this in all black!

looking at the engine area, just above it there's a red bar-like thing like a light. Scanner, perhaps? ;)

I doubt they'd ever consider this car though, expecially with what it'd cost. Maybe the design isn't exactly right. But that front nose looks close to a newer look.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:04 am

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH MONEY FOR A F.L.A.G. VEHICLE.....

Any Lambo is nice ...the Countache still to this day looks futuristic-more so than a Delorean ( Grrrrroan ) the drawback i s ground height against where the show is set in the USA- ( KITT hates to fly folks...& put him on a boat for a lengthy sea trip....? nuh uhhh!)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:12 pm

That Lambo is pretty cool, but for some reason I can see it more as a Transformer than KITT. ;)
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:15 am

I meant to say ground clearance.....it'd be too low to the ground...the Pontiac Rageous tho, that'd fit- tho now it is only a prototype....
& after looking again at a Countache....
yeh ...I agree....
"Autobots,transform & Roll out!"

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:58 am

this concept is a photoshoped mercedes :roll:

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:14 pm

we dont want a repeat of miami vice the movie it sucked bigtime. the movie needs David hasselhoff and william daniels as kitt and kitt being a third generation pontiac trans am/ firebird thats how remember the show thats how it should be. hollywood tried to rapify miami vice and failed.
Save the Clocktower!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:16 pm

and we dont want Knight Rider the movie to be remembered as a failure
Save the Clocktower!

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:07 pm

the mv movie sucked...it made the series look grand...

pezze87
Rookie

Post by pezze87 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:11 am

Hey at all, what is the latesr news about the Knight Rider Movie? Are there any news? Or will we wait other ten years before they'll make it? I mean, it seams like it won't come out in 2008 like somebody said here in the forum!?
The Knight is back!

GTAKnight
Volunteer

Post by GTAKnight » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:33 am

If they don't take a Trans Am, please take something that looks most similar to it: maybe the C6 Corvette. Of course with pop up headlights! I made some modifications to a C6:

Personally I'd prefer this custom Corvette to a 2008 Camaro, because of the sleeker and flatter nose. What do you think guys?

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:28 am

I have always been saying that. I said that in a few posts back, it looks so badass. Do you have the original pic of that chop?

Thanks!

GTAKnight
Volunteer

Post by GTAKnight » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:57 am

Yeah, I have the original pic of that chop, that was my basis for this picture. :) Personally I also think it looks badass. Here is a comparison of the chops I found recently. What do you think about it? If anybody has more pics of this kind, please post!

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:44 pm

Well-these be my pic to click:

the T/A pic....and the concept t/a -lower right other than that...none really say KR.....if someone has a pic of the Pontiac Rageous - post it!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:16 pm

I bet they will do like they did in KR 2000 and rebuild a car with some type of fiberglass, restyling it. Won't be a Trans Am but won't be recognizable as any other type of car either. Just something brand new but similiar enough to the old KITT that fans still will know it's KITT, but newer looking that you know it's not the same exact car. And I bet this time around they (meaning Glen and crew) will do a better job of it than what was done in the KR 2000 because at least this time Glen will have more of a say in the design of the new car. :)

I can't say for sure if this is the way to go but maybe Victor can give some input on whether or not I'm even close?

xlwhellraiser
Volunteer

Post by xlwhellraiser » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:42 am

KITT was a third generation trans am. If they chose any other car this movie will just not be the same.

If kitt was a 3rd gen trans am it would show the world how good it was made by still kicking ass today.

The third gen cars have styling that is in the league of its own. They are still very gorgeous cars.

ok, I'll stop now.
I do, therfore I am!