Knight Rider Season 3 DVD's - What's the latest situation?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MLAM
Operative

Knight Rider Season 3 DVD's - What's the latest situation?

Post by MLAM » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:23 am

Hi all

I was one who purchased the Region 1 Season 3 DVD set when it came out last year only to find it was missing sound effects like all of you.

I'm aware Universal did a swap for them but I do not know if that applied to people who bought it outside of America. Did any UK owners get it sorted?

I was wondering if I order a Season 3 set now would it be a fixed version?

I'm aware Season 4 has its faults and from what I have read for Season 4, Region 2 is the way to go?

Many thanks and I hope for some information soon :)

Reissuleipa
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Reissuleipa » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:13 pm

I've been wondering about the same thing. Already got seasons 1,2 and 4.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:42 pm

universal dont care about that anymore...they got your money and thats all they care about.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:48 pm

I bought the Season 3 set back when it came out. I have to say I'm way too lazy to go through the trouble of mailing it out and being without one of my sets for weeks (or however long it takes to get the revised version). If no one reported missing sound effects, I would have never noticed, anyway. Actually, I don't know where exactly the missing ones are, even now.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:18 am

I currently have seasons 1 and 2 with Finnish subtitles on DVD and I'm happy for the quality. I've waited seasons3 and 3 to be made with subtitles too but it seems that wont happen ever. Also waited for corrected Region2 S3 DVD:s but that doesn't seem to happen either.

I have all episodes on VHS tapes so I'd notice immediatly if something's missing and since the DVD:s are without subtitles too, they should be very cheap until I see any point of buying them.

What a shame, it would've been great to have S3 & S4 in the same quality as the first 2 seasons on DVD :(

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:16 pm

Unfortunately, the DVDs of Seasons 3 and 4, are not as good as most us have expected. But they are still fairly nice to be included in our own collection.

I have e-mailed several times UK Universal-Playback about this issue, but they did not bother to reply back to me.

As far as I know, the fixed DVD collection of Season 3 is only available in Region 1 edition.

I believe that the current versions of Seasons 3 and 4 in DVDs (R2) are the 'best' available options at the moment and I do not anticipate that Universal-playback will be bothered to do something more about it. :?

To be fair, Season 4 has only 2 or 3 minor missing sound effects. So, its quality is not as bad as in the case of Season 3.

Maybe in the future, all the Seasons will be available in Blu-rays or HD DVDs. In such case, hopefully Universal may fix the problems, and therefore the quality will be much better. :wink:

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:51 pm

Does anyone know if all these issues have been fixed for The Ultimate Collection box set?

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:49 am

AusKnight2K wrote:Does anyone know if all these issues have been fixed for The Ultimate Collection box set?
As far as I know, The Ultimate Collection box set includes exactly the same sort of DVDs as the single editions of the four Seasons.

I have not heard from anyone that the problems have been fixed in The Ultimate Collection.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:25 am

I own thw region 1 set of season 3 the missing sound effetcs one.
I would love to the fixed version.

But have no idea how to.

Any ideas?

dust
Stranger

Post by dust » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:14 pm

Can someone point out some exact flaws on the Series 3 and 4 box sets so I can check my own and see if I have the correct ones or not? :)