Knight Rider 2000....ugh

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PA-KnightFan
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider 2000....ugh

Post by PA-KnightFan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:08 pm

I finally got to watching this movie last night for the first time. Holy cow...that sucked! KITT's language was more "colorful" and he had major attitude. That little waif of a thing that is supposed to be the new FLAG operative? Please. And if the interior of any car were air tight like they claimed that '57 Bel Air to be, then people would sufficate on a long drive down the interstate. No car is air tight.

David Hasselhoff was the only credible and reasonable thing in the entire production. He was authentic and seemed very much like the old show. But he was the only thing.

I never need to watch that again.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:25 pm

I believe that's why this show is referred to the SCIENCE FICTION category. But what do I know? Apparently its easier to believe a glass t-top car can achieve the "c mode" feature then it is for a car to be water tight for few hours before it runs out of air and floods...
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:44 pm

I don't like the movie either, but as a matter of fact, the ONLY thing I like about it is how bitter KITT. First of all, it's almsot like he's angry at how the bad the movie is too, haha. But mostly, he's just pretty funny.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:02 pm

I hated it when I saw it for the first time when it first aired because the characters were so different. But after I got the Season 1 DVD set and saw it again years later, I actually liked it.

I guess it's something that has to sorta grow on you. :)

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:33 pm

Grew on me too over the years :)
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:22 pm

I can now understand why DH himself severely hated the script to the TV movie "Knight Rider 2000", but in retrospect, I'm somewhat glad he'd done the TV-movie, though, even if I really didn't like seeing Michael's mentor Devon being killed off during the movie, though, which was, to me, the worst part of the movie. :shock: :? :roll: :wink: :) :shock:
The movie was pretty good but sometimes not that great in my opinion. Oh, well.......

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:16 am

i thought it was an ok movie but i liked the original series more.

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:59 am

The only redeeming quality to me?

It was shot in San Antonio, Texas.

So it's funny to me that I can say, "Hey, I walked around that area around the Riverwalk!" or "Hey, I've been in that mall, wonder if it still looks the same."

I think it's stupid that they try to force the city to be Seattle. Simply because the Tower of the Americas looks like the Space Needle.. bah!

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:07 am

I know I've said this before, but that movie was *terrible*, unfortunately we can't ignore it :sad:

Here's a couple of thoughts:
- I wonder if Glen Larson has written HIS version of KR 2000, the way HE wanted it to be (the way it should have been) but has it stashed away with his other brilliant writings ...

- If David hated it so much. he should have said "no way" and so Edward Mulhare and William Daniels should have also said "no" too. Maybe then the clown who produced this shambles of a movie would have not gone ahead with it as he wouldn't have any of the original cast ... There was so much potential for other series where Voodoo Knight left off in 1986 (think of how successful Star Trek is with it's different generations) but that potential was all destroyed by this poor excuse of a production.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:04 am

Well, Larsen didn't make, nor approve of it, so I suppose you could technically ignore it.

I'm almost 100% certain that if the movie they're making were a sequel and not a re-Pilot, Larsen would ignore it.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:03 am

FuzzieDice wrote:I hated it when I saw it for the first time when it first aired because the characters were so different. But after I got the Season 1 DVD set and saw it again years later, I actually liked it.

I guess it's something that has to sorta grow on you. :)
I never saw it on TV but seeing it on the Season 1 DVD was good but I guess that being dismantled and stored in Boxes was not what KITT had in mind he may have been a collection of microchips but he did seem to have a grasp on Basic feelings I think largely due to his relationship with Micheal I reckon I would have felt like that in that positionand he may have needed updating but he had seemed to have feelings just like the rest of us.
You're not considering...Oh my word you are

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:40 am

The only thing I liked about the movie were the cop cars. They were chevy berettas, I used to have two of them. I was amazed that they were used in the movie and they appear a lot. as far as kit not being in the trans am, well that just ruined it for me.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:47 am

AusKnight2K wrote:I know I've said this before, but that movie was *terrible*, unfortunately we can't ignore it :sad:

Here's a couple of thoughts:
- I wonder if Glen Larson has written HIS version of KR 2000, the way HE wanted it to be (the way it should have been) but has it stashed away with his other brilliant writings ...

- If David hated it so much. he should have said "no way" and so Edward Mulhare and William Daniels should have also said "no" too. Maybe then the clown who produced this shambles of a movie would have not gone ahead with it as he wouldn't have any of the original cast ... There was so much potential for other series where Voodoo Knight left off in 1986 (think of how successful Star Trek is with it's different generations) but that potential was all destroyed by this poor excuse of a production.
True but Star Trek generally had the same writers all the way through the series the only change came during TNG when the TOS staff retired and were replaced by the likes of Micheal Piller and Ira Behr apart from that there were no changes the special effects drastically improved with the introduction of CGI but in terms of the writing staff it had the same people right through

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:56 am

msKEN wrote:I believe that's why this show is referred to the SCIENCE FICTION category. But what do I know? Apparently its easier to believe a glass t-top car can achieve the "c mode" feature then it is for a car to be water tight for few hours before it runs out of air and floods...
I classify it more as a high tec crime fightring drama but I wouldn't classify it as science fiction as there would be aliens or time travelling stories or the the exploration of Space Star Trekand X Files fit into that category however I don't think Knight Rider does

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:18 am

sjsharp2005 wrote:True but Star Trek generally had the same writers all the way through the series the only change came during TNG when the TOS staff retired and were replaced by the likes of Micheal Piller and Ira Behr apart from that there were no changes the special effects drastically improved with the introduction of CGI but in terms of the writing staff it had the same people right through
Exactly my point, Glen Larson should have been involved with EVERYTHING whether it was series scripts or movies, HE must be involved. :dance:
:kittspin:

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:09 am

He was invoilved with other projects to at that time probably as Knight Rider isn't the only TV show he has done although fior me I think it was his best

fredrik40
Volunteer

Post by fredrik40 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:29 pm

I don' like this moove because KITT is dismantled, Bonnie or April is not there and Devon dies, That destroyed the concept of the hole series.
K.I.T.T. in Knight Sting: "I'm not a tomato on wheels, I'm the Knight Industries Two Thousand"

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:26 pm

What killed that lame excuse for a movie was the car. The car did nothing at all... No turbo boost no nothing. It was lame. No crashes through walls or no action sequences really at all. The fight at the end was good but that's about it. It's good to know Michael kept up with his martial arts training... lol

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:31 pm

What everyone here is missing, I believe, is the STORY. OK, so action was lame, Devon was killed and the car sucked, but the plot and storyline was really good.

We had things we never saw in the original series:

* Character development (Shawn and her wounding and eventual transformation, Michael and his burnout, and Maddock's view on humanity).

* Shocking plot twists (the Deputy Mayor had the mayor assassinated so he could rise to office, Devon was brutally murdered)

We only saw such indepth and meaningful plots in the original series every so often, as they wanted to glitz and glamor the car. I think KR2K got it half right by creating a great plot line, but missed the fun stuff that we liked.

Starship
Recruit

Post by Starship » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:37 am

I only saw this TV movie once, when it originally aired in May of 1991. I remember thinking it was okay, though I would've liked to have seen more of the dash of the KI4000. However, I remember thinking that the mind-probe they were using was very far fetched. It was only supposed to take place 9 years in the future, and there was this technology that allowed a computer to extract high-resolution, full-motion color video from the brain of a dead person. Yeah, right. Well, we're now 7 years past the time frame of that movie, and I don't think medical science has achieved anything close to that!
I try to put a little KITT in any car I own!

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:37 am

If KITT was in the movie as himself (a Trans Am) it would have made a world of difference. The Knight 4000 is weird, why is there a virtual reality mode? What's with the boring dash. Its not a good movie. Its just not Knight Rider in any way. What annoys me is they had a perfect chance to make a good movie and have all the actors from the show able to do it. Especially Edward Mulhare and now they have missed their chance! I hope the new movie will make up for this.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

fredrik40
Volunteer

Post by fredrik40 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:44 am

I think that their "vision" of the 21th century is strange, in the series they had a normal world with a real dreamcar if they wanted it to be a dreamcar in this movie they should have done a fancy dash and a special steering wheel, but they didn't and that's bad!
K.I.T.T. in Knight Sting: "I'm not a tomato on wheels, I'm the Knight Industries Two Thousand"

Blazing
Volunteer

Post by Blazing » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:03 pm

It's weird that the whole future-like concept was a sequel to the original series. The only cool part was seeing KITT's old body when Watts was watching Devon's RNA or smth. Oh and why the hell did they have to kill him off anyway... At the beginning of the film it sounded as if they actualy forgot about KITT during the last 10 years (puting him into storage and leaving him there for 10 years). It would have been better if Michael had KITT for his own when he left the foundation (The foundation would have put him into storage anyway so why not?) And people wonder why he was at the top of his emotions when Michael reactivated him.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:23 pm

OKAY..... GOOD IDEA....Oh yeh...after carefully reviewing the M.V. dvd....it's " Tubbs" not tibbs....etc.

Hey,what about a seriously darker/edgy-non silly KR/A-TEAM crossover

that's a direction of fanfic...to explore.....

or more a bit SCI-FI-ish...KR/6 Million $ Man cross over.....something I explored while (still twiking it ) typing-writing a KR story-book set here in New England...in late Autumn.

Col.Austin comes to investigate by 2 mysterious voice calls on the phone by both Devon,Wilton Knight (who faked his own death to go work with OSI on bionic improvments & adaptions of K.Industries technology) and all while KITT is getting an upgrade ...a new A.I.-very KARR-like is released from Comptron by guess who....

to be continued .....
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

micheal knights son
Volunteer

Post by micheal knights son » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:48 pm

I absolutely hate this thing.

It Is not Knight Rider at all.
Michael : alright gimme all the turbo boost you've got.

Kitt : michael we may not clear.

Michael : No choice Pal, HIT IT!!!!!