Hasselhoff in Entertainment Weekly

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hasselhoff in Entertainment Weekly

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:53 pm

Entertainment Weekly tracked Hasselhoff's ups and downs this summer in their year-in-review issue:

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:08 am

The magazine Entertainment Weekly is always pretty sarcastic about DH, so that's nothing new at all.
I don't read the magazine much because of that.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:26 pm

EW is pretty sarcastic to everybody, so I don't think they have it out personally for Hasselhoff. And even if they are a little unfair to the Hoff, they treat KITT very well. For a TV star who hasn't had a series in 20 years, they mention KITT pretty frequently.

I have no real data to support this, but from my own observations Knight Rider is mentioned more in EW than any other magazine, and usually in a positive way. So they're ok in my book. (for a trashy pop-culture magazine at least!)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:35 am

Hi, Michael Pajaro, thanks for your help in clearing some thing up for me concerning Entertainment Weekly always razzing D. Hasselhoff every chance they get, so I'm relieved to know that the magazine razzes other celebs, too.
Somehow I think the pop culture magazine called Entertainment Weekly should be called a flop culture magazine because of its trashy nature.
I'm glad that the magazine sometimes gives KITT cheers, even if the same magazine gives DH jeers.
I've known about DH long before "the Hoff" thing came along, so I think the whole "Hoff" thing's amusing.