VH1.com info about new movie

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

VH1.com info about new movie

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:39 pm

VH1.com posted an article about 80s icons moving to the big screen. According to the article:

- The story will recreate the "birth" of Michael Knight, giving a police officer a new face and new identity
- KITT will be "revamped to reflect modern vehicles"
- The images of the new KITT on the internet are "completely bogus"

Here's the blurb:

"Knight Rider" - The coolest car in TV history is revving up its engine and racing to the big screen with the return of "Knight Rider," the Weinstein Company recently announced. The movie will be scripted by original series creator Glen A. Larson, and will once again center on Michael Knight and his attempt to fight crime when he acquires a new face — and boss — after being left to die from gunshot wounds sustained during his old job as a policeman. "I am a huge fan of the original series and could not be happier that we've joined forces with Glen Larson to bring these iconic characters to the big screen," Harvey Weinstein enthused. Michael's journey will once again be aided by KITT, a nearly indestructible car armed with artificial intelligence, and fans assume that the auto will be as state-of-the-art now as the '80s version was then. While publicists at the Weinstein Company confirm KITT will be revamped to more accurately reflect modern vehicles, they scoffed at recent online photos that claim to depict the new car as "completely bogus." But more importantly, will Michael still wear a leather jacket while hanging out in the desert?

http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles ... comcrawler

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:51 pm

"revamped to reflect" doesn't mean necessarily it WON'T be a Trans Am. It might be a newer model with newer gizmos. :) Or who knows.

BTW, I was watching the 6:00 pm news tonight (something I don't normally do) and I saw an ad for the new Prius - it showed the car parallel parking between two pyramids made of champagne glasses of some kind - by itself. They were touting that it can park by itself.

We're getting closer... :)

Meanwhile, my Dryden (1987 Pontiac 6000) is still his 19-yr. old self without the cruise control working. I wish I had the funds to at least add the computer and AI. And get that dash repaired so I could mount it in there. My big dream is to at least have my car talk. :)

I know they don't have talking cars yet that can carry on a conversation like I hope to fix up for mine. But I have talked with some folks who simply would not WANT their car to have a conversation with them. :( I'd love it! Let him know what I need to buy, have him remind me. Have him calm my nerves in busy traffic so I stop swearing out loud (thankfully they can't hear me) in the car... oops... :oops: :twisted: :lol:

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:00 am

I am pleased to see some more info on the movie. And I am even more pleased the recent images online were bogus. I think they should have come up with a different character name however.
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:33 am

Great to hear that they are still working on the movie. Curious to see how KITT will look revamped. :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:11 pm

Thats great news...!

MP is always at the front edge of all things KR.... 8)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:10 pm

I want KITT to be a Vette baby, just how sick would that look! It's a futuristic body of KITT, much sharper, cleaner, and of course faster!

KARR Rider
Volunteer

Post by KARR Rider » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:08 pm

jjsocrazy wrote:I want KITT to be a Vette baby, just how sick would that look! It's a futuristic body of KITT, much sharper, cleaner, and of course faster!
I agree with you 100%! If they use a new car for KITT it can only be a Corvette!
http://news.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/Corv ... iger-1.jpg
http://news.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/Corv ... iger-3.jpg
It's the only car today that has the lines of the '82 Trans-Am.

They can use this
http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/h ... to_01.html
on a new "Smokey and the Bandit" movie!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:46 pm

KARR Rider - I agree on the SATB!! That would make a schw8 new dovetail for a new movie. :) Wonder if Burt Reynolds would reprise the role? :)

As for the vette - not bad if they black out the back lights. I could see it...

Nismogtr21
Recruit

Post by Nismogtr21 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:19 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:"revamped to reflect" doesn't mean necessarily it WON'T be a Trans Am. It might be a newer model with newer gizmos. :) Or who knows.

BTW, I was watching the 6:00 pm news tonight (something I don't normally do) and I saw an ad for the new Prius - it showed the car parallel parking between two pyramids made of champagne glasses of some kind - by itself. They were touting that it can park by itself.

We're getting closer... :)

Meanwhile, my Dryden (1987 Pontiac 6000) is still his 19-yr. old self without the cruise control working. I wish I had the funds to at least add the computer and AI. And get that dash repaired so I could mount it in there. My big dream is to at least have my car talk. :)

I know they don't have talking cars yet that can carry on a conversation like I hope to fix up for mine. But I have talked with some folks who simply would not WANT their car to have a conversation with them. :( I'd love it! Let him know what I need to buy, have him remind me. Have him calm my nerves in busy traffic so I stop swearing out loud (thankfully they can't hear me) in the car... oops... :oops: :twisted: :lol:
It wasn't a Prius, although the Prius in Japan also has that feature, but here in America, it's the commercial for the new Lexus LS460.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:00 am

I distinctly remember it said "Prius" in the ad. They actually said "Prius" and had the name on the ad.

If it was a Lexus, one would easily have missed it because of all the mention of the "Prius" in it. :?