You guys need to read this!!!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nbcviper
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

You guys need to read this!!!

Post by nbcviper » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:00 am

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.tv.kn ... cb8db48c60 Wow, I didn't know that alot of people didn't realize that acctually....... sadly very very sadly the Viper Defender would defeat KITT? I thought that KITT would have an equal fight but, I was wrong the Viper Defender would destroy KITT and the facts are stated in that link up top. Sorry guys but, it surprised me too. I always thought KITT could destroy the Viper Defender and vice versa but the Viper Defender is the only super car that I know of that can destroy KITT without KITT even really having a chance. :? Oops forgot to add, that the Knight Industries 4000 would be a fair fight. KIFT might be able to destroy the Viper Defender.
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

Nismogtr21
Recruit

Post by Nismogtr21 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:52 pm

That's a reeeally old thread.

Regardless of who would win, I was so excited when Viper was gonna come out, only to have a big let down once I watched it. It was BORING. There would just be all this bla bla bla bla for 55 minutes, and then he would pull the car out for the last five minutes of the show, and the whole car sequence would last like 59 seconds. It was a lot like Airwolf in that sense, but at least Airwolf had better actors and a little bit more personality.

K.I.T.T. on the other hand, was a character on the show, not some tool that the hero used to save the day at the end. That's what made Knight Rider so much fun, to actually see the supercar talk, make comments and give it's input throughout the show, as well as save the day in the end.

Viper was lammme.

nbcviper
Rookie

Yeah

Post by nbcviper » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:21 am

You are right and kinda wrong, Viper had boring points but look at the backround story. Knight riders backround story was NOTHING. Sorry to say but, Viper had a better backround story and is more believable thats why it took a while for some action.For example knight rider's backround story was about some random cop gets his face shot off some guy finds him and reconsructs his face and he is your typical guy driving a high tech car that ANYONE could drive. Viper had this backround story, a disabled but creative man invents a morphing technonlogy that came in handy for an armour for a pursuit car but the car was difficult to control. While a gang of thugs working for higher ups are terrorizing a large city, there best driver had bounced off a bus, was pronounced dead and had his memory erased, (based in the future don't forget!) was brought back as the hottest pursuit driver in this city. Once behind the wheel the fun starts. You were wrong about the action, about 5 min into the pilot there was a robbery and there alot of action. Then once the hottest driver gets behind the wheel more action... and on on on. Yeah sure knight rider was way more famous when it first had come out and only for 2 seasons but, it never even lasted as long as Viper. Viper + knight rider were being shown around the world but, Viper at the time is was syndicated was 2nd the most famous show in the world and had WAY more fans then knight rider did in all of north america and also Viper was more known around the world the Knight rider. Viper was and still the 2nd most famous show in europe! Viper's ratings at first on NBC were not even close to knight riders but, Viper's syndicated ratings put knight rider's end of Season 2 - 4's way way way down! After Season 2 and Season 3 of knight rider, millions and millions of people were getting tired of "the same crap" (quoted one avid Knight rider fan) millions were stopping with Knight rider over night, while more and more people by season 3 of Viper were watching overseas. Viper did well but, not as well as knight rider here (north america) but overseas Viper was more of a sucess and if you went to this board this for Germany and said "Remember Kitt, knight rider" (in german, what ever it was called) People would say "Uah no?" But if you said "Viper" it would be "O the transforming car?" Some guy a while asked people if they remembered KR none of them really remembered it, someone mentioned Viper they started talking about it. See you can't really compare the shows! But they sure as hell could do a VS and sorry to say again but, the Viper Defender would win.
Last edited by nbcviper on Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:01 am

NBCViper... you're just making up facts.

You tell us that Viper's syndicated ratings were bigger than Knight Rider's network ratings? That's ridiculous. Give us the numbers.

You are telling us Viper was the most popular syndicated show in the world? More popular than Baywatch, which was in syndication at the same time? No.

People in Germany don't know what Knight Rider is? Come on.

We understand you like the show Viper. Fine. And if you want to compare it to Knight Rider that's a valid topic. But let's be realistic and honest about it.

nbcviper
Rookie

Yeah someone mention, that

Post by nbcviper » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:07 am

Yeah, Viper did have better ratings than the end of Season 2, begining od 3 of knight rider's ratings. Yes you are right sorry Viper was the 2nd most popluar show in the world, look up the ratings in the google forum and I remember Knight rider had a 11.?? in rating during season one and most of season 2, but later during Season 3 the ratings went to 5.?? and then I do remember they ended at 4.31. The other facts are in the forum, I will edit my original post sorry. At first knight rider ratings were almost the best out there, then they dropped quick. Some guy out there I remember a while ago had put a post up about if anyone from germany remembered knight rider and all of them did say they didn't really remember it. Later someone mentioned Viper and lots of people said stuff about it, but I didn't mention that Viper was being aired there and knight rider was too but, for a while so yeah that is a little unfair but my purpose of this was to say that the Viper Defender could top Kitt in a VS match. Me I like Viper better but, I like Knight rider ALOT but not as much as Viper. I see lots of you guys love KR but, I remember people were saying no one could defeat kitt, but it has been proven wrong. Thats all I wanted this to be about, KR to everyone else is cleary better than Viper. Sometimes Viper is stupid and sometimes it is scarey with how good it is. Same with Knight Rider, it had alot of great stories but some were either boring or just stupid. A few KR episodes that I thought were good were Knight of the Phoneix, Trust doesn't rust, Good Day at White Rock, Not a Drop to Drink, Give Me Liberty... or Give Me Death, Goliath (one of my personal favorites!), Blind Spot, Custom K.I.T.T., Soul Survivor (another personal favorite), Knightmares, Speed Demons, Mouth of the Snake, Let It Be Me, Big Iron, Knight of the Drones (Personal favorite), Knights of the Fast Lane (PF), K.I.T.T. vs. K.A.R.R. (PF), The Rotten Apples (PF), Knight in Disgrace (PF), Lost Knight (PF), Knight of the Chameleon (PF), Custom Made Killer (PF), Junk Yard Dog (PF), The Nineteenth Hole (PF), Knight & Knerd (PF), Circus Knights (PF), Knight of the Juggernaut (PF), KITTnap (PF), Burial Ground (PF), Knight Sting, Knight Racer, Knight Behind Bars (PF), The Scent of Roses (PF), Killer K.I.T.T. (PF), Out of the Woods, Deadly Knightshade (PF), Hills of Fire (PF), Fright Knight. See, Im a Knight rider fan too, hell some of these episodes I know some/all of the words. Viper - too many and im not even going to name them. Anyway whats even more funny is Season 3 is my favorite season of knight rider! I was surprised also. I like Viper better because I find it more realistic but fun. The things i hate about Viper are - One shot kills the guy (most of the time), The Viper ALWAYS saves the day, Cole knew EVERYTHING!, Joe became more 'normal' in season 4, The fake looking defenders (CGI). Things I hate about KR - Michael knowing everything!, one shot kills the guy, michael NO MATTER WHAT was an expert shot, michael could drive better then anyone, Kitt could almost never get dirty (muddy or dusty).

nbcviper
Rookie

Numbers

Post by nbcviper » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:28 am

http://www.classictvhits.com/tvratings/1983.htm I think this is north america not sure? knight rider is GONE after 2 seasons AS I SAID! I don't think you can find the ratings for Viper Syndicated anymore :? I remember http://www.tvratingsnow.net had Vipers ratings but, it has been changed. Viper had higher then KR when Viper was being aired Viper had over 30 million, I remember because it had surprrised me (that is its top ratings, they did drop dramatically during the end of Season 4, but cam back because of the Season finally) KR had only 20 million, also Viper was in about 14 to 15 different langugages.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:34 am

Yeah, Viper did have better ratings than the end of Season 2, begining od 3 of knight rider's ratings. Yes you are right sorry Viper was the 2nd most popluar show in the world, look up the ratings in the google forum
Viper, the 2nd most popular syndicated show in the world?? I can't speak for the rest of the world, but it didn't even air here in the UK. And what about all those other syndicated shows on at the same time? What about Hercules? What about Xena: Warrior Princess?? They were huge shows.
I remember Knight rider had a 11.?? in rating during season one and most of season 2, but later during Season 3 the ratings went to 5.?? and then I do remember they ended at 4.31. The other facts are in the forum, I will edit my original post sorry. At first knight rider ratings were almost the best out there, then they dropped quick.
Knight Rider's pilot episode got great numbers, but it's not just the rating, it's the share, ie. the percentage of televisions that are tuned in to NBC while Knight Rider is on, compared to ABC or CBS. Knight Rider survived in its first year because it was drawing very healthy numbers against Dallas. Yes, that Dallas, one of the biggest TV shows of the 1980s. Each subsequent year, even though the ratings declined, it was still pulling in enough to warrant another season (even in its 4th year -- it wasn't cancelled due to low audiences, it was cancelled because of high production costs).
Some guy out there I remember a while ago had put a post up about if anyone from germany remembered knight rider and all of them did say they didn't really remember it. Later someone mentioned Viper and lots of people said stuff about it
I find that very strange. Knight Rider aired on Germany's RTL channel throughout the 1990s, and is still showing there today. Hasselhoff is massive there, and when he went there to get funding for the syndicated Baywatch (you know, the Number 1 Syndicated Show Ever ;) ) they actually asked him for more Knight Riders! They must have very short memories, or maybe they aren't really the Hasselhoff fans we think they are....
Things I hate about KR - Michael knowing everything!, one shot kills the guy, michael NO MATTER WHAT was an expert shot, michael could drive better then anyone, Kitt could almost never get dirty (muddy or dusty).
It makes sense that Michael was a pretty good marksman -- he was a former soldier and police detective, who was trained with weapons. In Knight Strike, he is only able to hit the bullseye with K.I.T.T.'s assistance. He couldn't drive "better than anyone", or else most of the episodes would've ended after about 5 minutes. He had a better car than anyone, but criminals could still escape in a lot of the car chases. And for K.I.T.T. getting muddy or dirty, check out Ring of Fire, Goliath Returns, and Junk Yard Dog.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:14 am

kitt probably had technology like nano technology to get rid of dirt, the eps where he was dirty was because the system to remove the dirt had failed!

seriously, i have never even heard of viper. Knight Rider is clearly more popular!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

viper uk show

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:47 am

viper HAS been shown on uk digital TV on a channel called FX...

saw it a few times, it reminded me of the last season of airwolf, no chemistry between the characters, recycled footage and the car in either guise looked crap!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: Numbers

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:26 am

nbcviper wrote:I don't think you can find the ratings for Viper Syndicated anymore .
That's exactly what I'm talking about. You're giving us "facts" which you can't show.

According to the classictvhits website which YOU provided, Seinfeld (the #1 show when Viper came on the air) had less than 20 million viewers. But you're telling us Viper had 30 million?

Something else that's interesting: that same website has an entry for Knight Rider. It doesn't have one for Viper.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:48 pm

Viper and Team Knight Rider were in syndication at the same time. Broadcasting & Cable magazine published the syndicated ratings each week, and I kept track of how TKR perfromed compared with other shows in its genre (syndicated first-run, action-adventure shows.)

Here's the data from 1998-1999. Note that even Team Knight Rider beat Viper nearly every single week.

(One ratings point is very roughly equal to 1 million households. Because there are often several people watching the same TV, a rating of 5.0 could represent 7 or 8 million viewers.)

nbcviper
Rookie

Thats north america

Post by nbcviper » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:58 pm

Sorry to say but, you need international ratings! Thats just north america! Also Viper did huge in the UK, Germany, Japan, and more! Viper did air in the UK and still is being shown, I even got DVD's from a guy that lives in the UK! Viper was more popular at one time then knight rider's Season 2 end and season 3! Viper did better then Knight rider's end of season 2 begining of season 3! not the entire series! About the shot thing and michael ok look it is impossible for him to shoot dead on everytime, he wasn't even in the military! Also the driving Michael is driving kitt, kitt or michael needs to press a button to switch it to independent or auto pilot! Thats why I like Vipers backround story better. He was a good driver, he was smart, Joe had his flaws he wasn't perfect. A show that is so realistic its scarey is an 1980's show called Stingray, this guy is from the miliarty, was in a war and was the best one they had but he went AWOL. In one the episodes it mentions Stingray was the best at shooting a gun, then he fired 3 bullets at a car before blowing out the tire. Knight rider I remember this one guy in soul surivior gets out of the truck when the go to rob the other truck full of paintings, he gets out and shoots the gun and it is IMPOSSIBLE with the way he shot to kill the guy. Viper had that horrible thing too, it was 'Bad guy shoots, always misses.' 'Good guy shoots its over' There no better but, Viper was more famous when it aired then knight rider's end of 2nd season begining of 3rd.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:41 pm

I know nothing about ratings, but as for Viper being boring. I thought it was only boring when they brought the show back.

The first season was REALLY cool and exciting with very impressive chase scenes.

However, then it got canceled and when they brought it back it was a soap opera with an action-oriented last 5 minutes
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:50 pm

I hope, some day, to actually SEE season 1 of Viper. At that time, my TV had one of those loop antennas for the UHF station that NBC ran on in my area. Which meant that Viper, which sounded so promissing, came in too terrible to truly see the show in.

I was so happy when the syndications were run on a strong VHF station. And, I surely recorded every episode.

Now, the key word here is recorded. For some reason that I must be partially blocking out of my memories, I never bothered to watch most of the later seasons of Viper. And, in my area, that VHF station was running Viper at midnight...as I suspected others throughout America may have been doing, too. (Which is why my mind is so blown to read in that other thread about the 2 million an episode budget. 2 million for a midnight ran series??? I can sort of believe it...if Dodge was majorly flipping the bill. After all, the show made a good hour long advertisement for their prized sports car. After all, if Pontiac cursed the day they let the Trans-Am appear as a star on TV for all the demand for that model they got, then Dodge would surely be loving the lime light of fan requests.

Now, as for the topic name of this thread, I have for a very long time supported that the fight would go to the one with the upper hand. The Viper has it's weapons. KITT has his brains (If he will let The Hoff sit back and enjoy the show). KITT has the superior MBS. Viper has it's armor. Both shows indicates that neither defense is truly impenetrable. It's more liked to say that KITT wouldn't have his (poorly aimable (what a tragic notion that was...motor moves laser up or down. Another, left/right. Why can't KITT do the simple math??? So, Bonnie can play Space Invaders with a joystick to aim it??? Please...)) laser by the time he would have met with the Viper. (This is a truly poor match up in this respect. Since, KITT was always being upgraded on a weekly or by-weekly basis. So, nobody can truly say how the 1995 KITT edition would be set up as. So...freeze frame him from Doo-Doo Priestess seconds when the building comes crashing down as the best bit of action. *yawn*) Viper's static pulse weapon, as far as I am concerned, would KO KITT's circuits with one to three hits. Sure, Bonnie has upgraded his defense against high voltage. But, the pulse is something more then 10,000 volts and amps. It's a computer circuit killer. But, I believe this pulse was limited to the foreward aiming turrents on the side doors of the Viper. Avoid being locked in by (And, we all know that KITT hasn't been the best at that, sadly enough. I mean, 20 (or seemingly so) seconds of dialog while driving in a straight line so a missile can align itself with the small tail pipe is such forced writing.) the front of the Viper Defender and drive around to smash it's armor to bits on repeated rammings.

Of course, my favorite victory situation is where KITT's superior electrical mind detects the Viper's remote operations feature, hacks in and just drives the Viper to the foundation for disarming and negociations...or something...with the passengers aboard. (Let us face it...Bonnie would be the one doing the hacking. KITT's never been prone to getting past any security measures the Viper certainly must have. Granted, the Viper team has their own computer genius who could try the same thing to KITT.)

Viper's weapon ports are it's strongest ally against KITT. And...it's greatest weakness. For, there's a whole arsonal inside those things. A well placed shot into either one while open stands a good chance of causing a self detination; surely signing the death blow to any and all inside the Viper. (Gads, those things are inches from the driver's/passenger's feet and legs.) Without KITT's laser to fire into them or too much else, (Be mighty dangerous to come nose-to-nose and use a Turbo fire blast to try and burn the tubes into an explosion.) KITT's best chance is to go for a nose to door/weapon bay impact. For, no matter how stable the Viper's frame is, those deploy ports are not sturdy enough to act as 60 MPH bumpers, rendering them undeployable and damaged beyond field repair. Once those are out of service, what is left? Ram that hover camera into KITT? Matador him like a bull off a cliff? What???

I forget what else I had to prove my point...being that KITT vs. Viper is mainly going to be determined by who gets the jump on whom. Both cars are quite capable in their own ways.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:54 pm

1. Viper was cancelled and then brought back after they added all the guns and stuff.

2. If Viper is so popular as you say, wher are the DVD releases??? (cause my VHS copies of Viper are getting old)

3. Concerning that the Defender can beat KITT-- I disagree. KITT ran through many electrical fences in his time with no trouble. Also when he was about to smash through an electrified fence, Protect was enabled, thus enabling the Restraint System and most likely additional defnese systems for KITT ie EMP protection A power line could knock out KITT (as Lost Knight shown) due to the amount of electricity and time the line was on KITT. Another thing..why would the Foundation make an $11 million car and not protect the brain?

One last thing, Kitt could evade the Pulse cause he would detect the Static Pulse charging. Now if a laser (or possibly the static pulse..not sure if it has the same strength as a laser) was fired dead on at KITT's scanner, then yes. But that would be hard since KITT can out maneuver hte Viper.

I like Viper, but your facts are incorrect and you're fighting a war you cannot win.

krfan1

EDIT: One other thing: Knight Rider ended 21 year sago. It's no wonder most people today don't remember it as clearly as a show that came on 10 years ago.

nbcviper
Rookie

There are legal reasons

Post by nbcviper » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:30 am

Do you know how much legal hype there is about Viper? There's so much that I can't even say. There still a high possiblity of a DVD release though.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:11 am

I think thats the point. High possibility of DVD release verses a series that has all its series released on DVD boxsets. I must add that I was born and live in the UK all my life. In all that time Viper has not aired on terrestrial TV. I think it was on a irregular basis on the sci-fi channel but has not generated anywhere near the interest of Knight Rider otherwise Viper would still be on UK TVs. Its not where as Knight Rider is shown pretty much everyday on Bravo. Viper may have been popular in Germany but every other country knows what Knight Rider is. I went to India about ten years ago, down to a village and even they knew. According to my sister its still airing there on Star World.

From a show point of view Viper especially in the series where it morphes into diffferent modes is highly unrealistic. The fact the Mike Pajaro has proven that even TKR out-rated Viper shows that its not that great.

If the Viper Defender (or whatever its called in the battle-mode??) drove down the streets of London no one would know.....or care for that matter. KITT still is fondly remembered. The VW Golf prototype can drive itself and has a red-eye scanner to track the car though the course. You know what the presenters for the fifth gear TV show said....."its like KITT"...."KITTs one of a kind". Thats their words not mine. Heck Hitari are now releasing a KITT RC (should be in UK stores by the end of this month). Thats how much people are convinced Knight Rider will sell even though its over 20 years old.....and dont even get me started on how many products Aoshima have made in the last couple of years just for the Japanese market.

On last thing to add. You only have to look at wikipedia and the difference in volume of information to see which was more popular.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:54 am

wow this is a serious debate! Most posts have paragraphs!!

@nbcviper
Do you go on a Viper forum or do they not exist. I never heard of viper until it comes up on here from time to time. I think everyone here knows that KITT has such advanced technology he can do so much more than the viper.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Stingray

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:22 am

Since the show Stingray was brought up, I'm debating which show had the coolest looking car. I really liked Stingray and was very disappointed that it didn't air very long, like 1 season I think.

Anyways, I have to say that Stingray had the best looking car, with Magnum PI, a very close second with that cool Ferrari - just my opinion.

Entertainment wise, KR was far better than what I got to see of Viper.
One man did make a difference.

nbcviper
Rookie

hehe

Post by nbcviper » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:11 pm

There are lots of Viper fourms! http://www.projectviper.com !!! check it out! not to mention the thread that has over 30,000 thosand people following it!! http://www.mp3car.com

:edited:
Last edited by nbcviper on Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nbcviper
Rookie

Just remembered

Post by nbcviper » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:25 pm

Kitt cannot do half as much as the Viper defender can! remember the defender is in the future so it has way better technology then Kitt. Kitt was way ahead of its time but, the defender is in it's time. They used concept cars in Viper for God sake! I have a full right up on the Defender sorry Kitt but, the defender is more advanced! The morphing thing being unrealistic? ITS THE FUTURE! WATCH THE SHOW!!!!! If anyone says anything bad about a show they haven't not seen is obiviously having problems.... heres the defenders Features and Capabilities:

- Modified tubular space frame with center spine structure
- Kevlar honeycomb body panel mount sub-structures
- Depleted uranium bellypan ground effects panel
- Composite body panels with fiber reinforced skin
- Pulsar Supercharger *
- Solar rechargeable panels
- Micro-hydraulic controlled armor panels (sequentially extended) composed of a wafered
titanium-gadolinium underlayer with a polished adamantium powder-coat
- [Heat rating: 3400 degrees Fo]
- 4-Wheel independant titanium suspension with unequal length control arms
- Upper & lower control arms, coil over shock design, driver/remote controlled variable geometry
- Double acting gas shocks with computer controlled rebound adjustment
- Titanium plated tubular front & rear sway bars
- Rear wheel drive with limited slip differential
- Computer controlled drive-by-wire power assisted rack & pinion steering
- Energy absorbing tilt steering column
- Front & Rear 13.0 in. vented disc brakes
- Adamantium powder-coated aluminum directional wheels w/ 6-bolt mounting flange
- Internal rim mounted tire pressure monitoring sensors
- XGTZ speed rated directional tires, bulletproof molecular compound
- (Front P275/40 ZR17 - Rear P335/35 ZR17)
- Aero polyellipsoid/halogen headlamps, convertible to infrared multi-spectral sensor beams
- Retractable fog lamps with removable lens covers
- Bulletproof Front-Side-Rear window glass
- Black on white background gauges
- (speedometer, tachometer, fuel, oil, pressure, temperature)
- Triple redundant SGI computer interfaced controls
- Low bandwidth microwave communications relay
- Retractable surveillance video system
- Hidden Front-Side-Rear Zoom Camera Units
- Retractable Systems monitor, weapons control, video communications unit
- Automatic 3D traffic monitor display with computer guided collision-avoidance
- Dual on-board video recording units
- Steering wheel mounted, manual weapons targeting controls with windshield heads-up display (HUD)
- Console mounted operating mode selectors
- [Cruise, Off-Road, Pursuit]
- Front & Rear retractable ramming bars
- Dual Side-Pod mounted electrostatic pulse missile projectors
- [rechargeable]
- Dual Side-Pod mounted missile launcher
- [High explosive, smoke, gas or tractor missile with grappling hook]
- [500 yard cable range, with hook retrieval motor, capable of up to 3500 lbs.]
- Dual Side-Pod mounted 50 caliber machine guns
- Rear-mounted 50 caliber machine gun
- Retractable/Portable Holographic projection module
- [10 min. continuous output max.]
- Windshield mounted Police Emergency Lights (red)
- Premium Sound System - /////Alpine AM/FM/CD with seek-scan
- Hidden multidirectional antenna units
- Dual Power seats
- Dual Cup Holders
- Console mounted Cellular Phone
- Digitally controlled Heating, Ventillation and Air Conditioning
- Rear panel mounted probe launching bay
- Cruise mode: Detachable hardtop
- NEW! Hovercraft mode
Probe unit:

- Twin whisper-electric fan propulsion
- [20lb. thrust rating]
- Pre-programmable guidance system
- Fuzzy-logic ground tracking and collision avoidance
- Driver/remote controlled tracking controls
- Auto-locate and lock-on capabilities
- Telescopic-Infrared-binocular sighting lenses
- Auto-zoom center-mounted mono-lens
- High bandwidth microwave transmitter & locating beacon
- Driver/remote controlled variable intensity laser system
- Auto leveling & hover controls
- High-sensitivity directional microphone
- [-70db rating]
- Omnidirectional speaker unit
- Rechargable battery unit
- [3hrs max. continuous use]
- 6oz. C-4 Self-destruct charge

Engine:

- Engine Size...................................... 488 CID (8.01 Liters)
- Horsepower........................................... 500 at 4800 RPM
- Bore.................................................... 4.00 in. (101.6mm)
- Stroke.................................................... 3.88 in. (98.5mm)
- Torque.............................. 520 Foot Pounds @ 3600 RPM
- Firing Order............................... 1, 10, 9, 4, 3, 6, 5, 8, 7, 2
- Compression Ratio.................................................. 10.1:1
- Spark Plugs...................................................... RC 12 LYC
- Spark Plug Gap........................................... 035" (0.9mm)
- Computer controlled & drive-by-wire throttle
- Pulsar Supercharger *
- Electronic Ignition

Auxillary Power Unit:

- Rockwell APC Internal Reactance Generator
- Max Output................20,000v (burst) - 220v (continuous)
- Fuel cell...................................................1000 hours TBO

Body Specifications:

- Maximum Length (Cruise mode)..... 175.11 in. (4448 mm)
- Minimum Length (Defender mode). 163.11 in. (4143 mm)
- Maximum Width................................ 75.74 in. (1924 mm)
- Overall Height (Both modes)............. 44.60 in. (1117 mm)
- Overall Height (Off-Road Mode)........ 68.60 in. (1188 mm)
- Track: Front........................................ 59.60 in. (1514mm)
- Rear.................................................. 60.60 in. (1538 mm)
- Wheelbase (Maximum Variable)....... 96.20 in. (2444 mm)
- Overhang: Front................................... 33.10 in. (827mm)
- Rear.................................................... 22.90 in. (572 mm)
- Ground Clearance (Minimum).............. 5.10 in. (130 mm)
- Ground Clearance (Maximum).............. 20.4 in. (520 mm)
- Turning Radius............................... 40.6 feet (12.4meters)
- Weight............................................... 3,456 lbs. (1488 kg)
- Maximum Load....................................... 500 lbs. (225 kg)

Performance Specifications:

- Maximum Speed....................... 198 mph * & 225 mph *
- Acceleration 0-60........................... 3.0 sec. * & 2.4 sec. *
- 1/4 Mile Time.............................. 10.4 sec @ 124.7 mph *

* = results from the use of specially formulated fuel mixture and the
Pulsar Supercharger
* = with a custom turbine mounted inside the rear panel
(times estimated)

Stats and specs courtesy of Gordon Lai
Additional stats (* & *) by Ken Au-Yeung.

All stats and specs are related to the show's fictional Viper/Defender.

And Kitts well on the DVD in little paragraphs!!!! :roll:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:26 pm

nbcviper, mp3car.com isn't even a Viper forum.

nbcviper
Rookie

Question

Post by nbcviper » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:29 pm

Michael Pajaro Sorry but I would like to ask, do you like or have you even seen Viper? the NBC and syndicated version?

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:50 pm

NbcViper, this is a Knight Rider forum. Why do you come and constantly compair the two in favour of viper? Shouldn't that be done on the "lots of Viper fourms" you mentioned. To be honest I couldn't care less about Viper. I come on this board for my love of Knight Rider, and to discuss that love of Knight Rider with others. If you must talk about Viper it should be taken to the lounge. Do you see others posting about new dvd releases of the likes of The dukes, or the A-team? No, so why should Viper be allowed?

No hard feelings ment, I'm just rather tired of this now.
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:57 pm

I watched the first season on NBC. I caught a few syndicated episodes. It doesn't matter whether or not I liked Viper. This is a KNIGHT RIDER board, so obviously we're going to be biased towards that show. If you prefer Viper, great- there's nothing that any of can say to change that. But you're making objective claims about how much more popular Viper was over Knight Rider, without providing any support whatsoever. None.

You gave us one "fact" to prove how popular Viper was: you told us that a car forum - which isn't associated with Viper at all - has 30,000 members.

Again, I'm sure there are many people on this board who are fans of both shows. But if you can't back up your claims, you should be prepared for us to blow holes through them.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com