KITT's MBS

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT's MBS

Post by 1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:15 am

I was watching a few more episodes this weekend from Season 3 and I noticed something. After wiping the tear away from my eye when KITT was dropped into the acid pit in "JYD" I noticed something. When and after they pulled him out of the pit KITT's windshield and rear window was still intact on the car. As we have all have seen he entered the pit with both windows closed and the T-tops closed as well. As we observe after he is removed from the pit KITT does not have the left and right side windows nor does he have the T-tops. Also, the tires are still intact as well.
I am probably bringing up and old subject, and I know all of you have great reasons for the possibilities for what happened etc. I just thought it odd that the tires were o.k. and the windshield and rear window were o.k. as well. I also noticed from reading the other post about KITT's trunk/boot that we all agreed that his inside was treated with the MBS as well. So we all know that his tires, windshield, and rear window were also treated with this same compound. So it should have all been gone like the rest of the inside of the car etc. O.k. I am done now with my obsevation. Let the fun begin! :)
One man CAN make a difference Michael.
"I raised him(KITT) from a little ass" - "Ice Bandits"

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:31 am

KITT's tires weren't treated with MBS since in one episode a direct hit with a laser completely destroyed (melted) one front tire. The tires were just puncture resistant or bullet-proof but not MBS coated IMO.

In JYD, all the tires should have melted along with all the metal, upholstery and rubber parts inside the vehicle. The production crew/scriptwriters most likely just let the tires survive so that it would be easier for the Foundation to pull KITT out of the pit with a wrecker/towtruck.

1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006
Rookie

Post by 1ManCnMkeADffrnce2006 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 am

I agree HondaSir, I just think they should have used a crane to get KITT out with the flat bed nearby. It would have looked more devastating too IMO.
One man CAN make a difference Michael.
"I raised him(KITT) from a little ass" - "Ice Bandits"

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:15 pm

The reason why the laser melted KITT's tire was he didn't have the heat proofing on it yet if the laser hit him somwhere else he probably would have taken some damage. He said he could only take one laser shot in KvK
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"