IMDb user comments for "Knight Rider"

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

IMDb user comments for "Knight Rider"

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:37 am

I was reading the user comment's for Knight Rider, when I came across this post. It was kind of funny actually and it all made sense to me, even though I personally would never think of saying those things about Knight Rider...

Most of you have probably come across this one already! :)
Avoid this. It's just a waste of time and airspace starring a pre-"Baywatch" David Hasselhoff and his talking car. Hasselhoff is Michael Knight and his car is KITT. Every episode is the same nonsense about some crooked businessman or corrupt sheriff ruining an honest small town of do-gooders while Michael/KITT comes to save the day with a their model car stunts. Why was every single sheriff they came across either a bad guy or someone that gave them a hard time? And why is David Hasselhoff always trying to pull some kind of karate in every role he does? Does the guy even know any karate? Devon always calls when Michael is on vacation and KITT never thinks he can make a jump, but of course he can. There was also at least two episodes featuring Michael defeating bad guys in a helicopter by leaping onto the chopper from an already moving KITT and then just reaching in and tossing the bad guys out of the chopper with one hand! Super Pursuit Mode seemed awfully redundant, since KITT seemed to have no speed limit while in "regular pursuit" mode. The car should have flipped over making those sharp turns while going 300 mph. And what kind of idiot drives 300 mph through a residential neighborhood? KITT would have also ruined his shocks after every jump, and don't give me any of that "molecular bonded shell" stuff. There was actually one episode where Michael and KITT turbo boosted onto the 18th floor of an apartment high rise. It was never explained why the 2 ton car didn't go crashing down through the apartment, or how KITT eventually got out of there. Stephen Hawking ain't watching this show I'll tell you that.
The link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083437/use ... s?start=10
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:21 am

I don't know if Prof. Hawking was ever watching KR, but the a$$hole who was commenting this on thar *?$# imdb wasn't either...

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:56 am

This person seems to know an awful lot of very specific details about the show for someone who supposedly hates it so much. They bring up the "was SPM really needed?" debate, which is a frequent topic on the messageboards. Casual viewers are not going to remember the term "molecular bonded shell".

Methinks they dost protest too much.

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:19 pm

It seems this "Lord Garth" has never heard of fictional entertainment or escapism.I guess mommy and daddy never taught him the difference between fantasy and reality.
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:59 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just his view

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:09 pm

The show is entertaining and fun to watch. That's enough for me. :)

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:33 pm

I thought it was funny. He didn't say anything that wasn't true. The plots *were* redundant...and while I find KR endearing I respect opposing views.

Come on, the Stephen Hawking bit was funny. You have to admit that. :lol:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:04 pm

I thought it was funny. He didn't say anything that wasn't true. The plots *were* redundant...and while I find KR endearing I respect opposing views.

Come on, the Stephen Hawking bit was funny. You have to admit that.
That's exactly my point! It's funny! Everything he says is true! I mean, the show was almost always about some buisnessman or some sheriff, they were the bad guys. Devon always interfears with Michael's vacation. You often hear Kitt say, insufficient distance for Turbo Boost, and yet the manage to jump over the obstacle without any distrubances!
And Kitt's speedometer, doesn't seem to have any limit, imagine SPM! It was really funny when he said: "What kind of an idiot would drive 300 mph in a residential neighborhood" (hehehehehehehe), true!
Last but not least, when he referred to Kitt's jump in that apartment! Very funny...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:02 am

KITT didn't flip over because the aerodynamics were designed to take turns without flipping over like a powerful stabiliser. KITT could drive 300mph through a residential neighbourhood because if an obsticale came up in front he would activate the EBS.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:21 am

The only thing I'll agree with him is that every single cop in the whole damn show is corrupt. I think it is no ingrained into me that, when in the southwest, NEVER trust the police.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:18 am

But I think that "the-two-ton-car-crashing-into-a-high-rise-apartment", was pretty obvious as well. I thought it was true, I mean, how could Kitt possibly Turbo Boost onto that building, without crashing down through the apartment!

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:58 am

we take laws of gravity too seriously in this show

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:10 am

we take laws of gravity too seriously in this show
You can't just ignore everything! I think the laws of gravity were pretty obvious at that time. Besides, how is it, that sometimes when Kitt was about to jump, he could make those complex mathematical calculations and predict that whether the distance for a jump to take place was insufficient? Should a simple law of gravity be harder than that... ?

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:47 am

Oh, you could *never* get away with half the things they did in KR these days.

I am so glad I am not alone in the seeing the humor in that review. I love to poke fun at the things I enjoy; keeps me from getting too serious. 8)

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:57 pm

yep, at the end of the day, we all know it's just cheese!!!

But we like it!!!

I mean, you could say the same about any show, star trek, doctor who, take your pic!!

If we all wanted to watch reality, we'd look outside our windows. we use the TV to get away from reality.

That's why i can never understand people who watch things like "Eastenders" (a UK tv show based on a street in london). its so depressing, not a show goes by without someong crying or whinging.

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:42 pm

KR is pure camp and a show like most 80's shows where you are not supposed to think too much about.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:44 am

we don't want to get into nitpicking at cheese.

Eg: Cheese wouldn't be able to turbo boost into an apartment but they did it on the cheese show anyway.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:23 am

Eg: Cheese wouldn't be able to turbo boost into an apartment but they did it on the cheese show anyway.
What are you talking about?
we don't want to get into nitpicking at cheese.
The purpose of this post was not to nitpick anything! I thought it was funny and some of the things said in the comment made perfectly sense.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:25 am

its a joke told you we take things seriously here. heh heh heh

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:37 am

Chill out, pal! :)

A small laugh will make your day better! That's why I chose to throw in that comment.

I think it was pretty funny, don't you think?

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:40 am

absolutley