Weinstein company to put Knight Rider into overdrive

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by whet » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:55 am

I know this site is normaly wrong but I see it has been updated But 2008? :(

Hope its wrong this time and we get it by next year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:34 am

I think it will be 2008?

It will probably take atleast the rest of the year to deal with the Pre-Production....Costs, Locations, Cars, Casting, Scrpits, Ect.

Then 6 Or 8 months to shoot and master, Then all the other post production stuff kicks in, At the earlist we could see a late 2007 release, But 2008 is more likely, Cause it will probably be released as a summer movie?

jmariah001
Stranger

I am unsure!!

Post by jmariah001 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:45 am

I am new here. I don't know if I will see the movie or not. I bought KR season 1 on DVD, there are some great episodes the 1st season. :)

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:30 am

if it is a 'remake' (im actually a fan of that idea, surprisingly) they should at least pay homage to the opening credits with the desert (bit like they did in kr2000 and less successfully with TKR, never liked that...)

maybe to combine all factors, they could acknowledge that michael knight and KITT were around in the 80s but then have a similar series of events happening to the new operative, that way we get a remake and an acknowledgement of the history...

oh and an update of stu philips and glen larsons classic theme is a must!!

maybe a former lifeguard could become the new operative... :lol:

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:45 am

Radicalas wrote:Hi everybody! I'm new here.
My suggestions about new KR movie:
Here must be David Hasselhoff, William Daniels (as K.I.T.T. voice), K.I.T.T. must have that stunning dashboard like in 82-86. K.I.T.T. must be new or modificated Pontiac Trans Am / Firebird 1982-1986, but new K.I.T.T. must look like K.I.T.T., not like contemporary sport cars, like ferrari and other shining junk! K.I.T.T. must have his own temper, his own charm. Every KR fan will understand what i'm thinking about.

Sorry if i done some mistakes, i'm not very good in English, but i think we will understand each other.
I agree. there is just something about KITT being a Pontiac. even a '99 - '02 trans am would suit me as long as it retained WD's voice and an out of this world dash. It's like when they made the new Bandit films and they ditched the Trans Am for a Dodge Stealth. A nice car, and the films were watchable, but they just weren't the same :(
One Man Can Make A Replica

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:59 pm

if it were to be slightly harder than the original (like the DoH movie, wonder if Homer Simpson saw it....) i would not be upset

theres no need to assume that characters we grew up with would not use more adult language or face adult scenarios..... (im not suggesting F this or F that every second line certainly realistic adult language in context of the situations...)

oh and KITT should NOT be a T/A in the new movie as KITT is meant to be futuristic and they dont make T/a anymore do they???? (ok not living stateside but didnt i read they stopped the F body within GM???)

what i would say is if they do 'touch up' an exsisting vehicle please dont do it as poorly as the TKR vehicles.....!!

(quite liked the k4000 but woulda been nicer black!!)

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:53 am

You realise that KITT looked futuristic as a T/A even today. What I should mention is that making a whole new design could be really bad. Thinking about todays movies and the ways they try to make the computery special effects the dash would always have these random things on it making it look bad. The KITT that was designed in the show really had everything thought out.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:09 pm

Solid Snake wrote:If and I say IF!!! They are casting a new Michael Knight, it should be Tom Welling, I feel he has this sort of David Hasselhoff feel to him when you see him on screen. And he did great in Smallville to be honest.
Not bad, but I bet Mark Whalberg will be a better candidate.

By the way that IMBD website is always wrong. Check out http://www.joblo.com for real movie info!

Now as for the movie, you guys have to think they might have to redo how it came together just like all the other remakes (Starsky and Hutch, Miami Vice, etc.) Not saying that I want comedy, I would really want dark film and to restart how everything happened since not too many people in the new generation don't know of Knight Rider. It will help them like it and get into it rather than just a reunion which I would love to happen but I don't think it will work out. Glen Larson is in it so him writing the script will work out good.

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:59 am

tom welling would be k 8) 8) l in it
smallvilles awsome ssn 6 in the fall :)

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:52 pm

I've said it many times on this board, i'll say it one again:

Tom Welling would be just perfect as a new, younger Michael Knight (jr.) or whatever is coming up.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:20 am

Agreed 100% there! :)

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:21 pm

I think they should make KITT a 2002 Trans Am (obviously with a different nose like they did with the 3rd gens in the series, so the scanner will look right). I like the idea of KARR being similar, but an older or possibly previous gen of the same thing. If in TDR they had made KARR an '81 TA (2nd gen, Smokey and the Bandit style), it would've made a lot more sense...based on the same car, but an older model since KARR was an earlier project. That would also explain why they made KITT instead of just switching the CPU's over, KITT would actually be a newer model.

beatlemyn
Volunteer

Post by beatlemyn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:54 pm

Let's just hope that Jessica Simpson doesn't get cast as Bonnie!

The new 'Vette is not going to work for me. No pop-up headlights=flawed body design.

There is nothing like those shots of KITT at dusk, with the headlights popped up, cruising down the highway, with some rock song playing that was Top 40 at the time, being done by a studio artist, instead of the original artist because they didn't want to spend the money...LOL. (I'm a musician, will explain how all of that works later.)

Hoff has to be the new Devon...maybe sliding behind the wheel once or twice.

No William Daniels=No KITT. It's not going to work for me. Sorry.

Hopefully, this movie will be a lot better than that cheesy-cheeseball KnightRider2K. I absolutely hated it.

Oh, and hopefully they will keep it pretty PG, unlike the Dukes movie, where it was turned into a very non-family friendly movie.

Bring back Bonnie and RC3!

"Michael, my favorite Beatle is John."

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:35 pm

i think the DoH movie was intended for its original audience, not the kids of today

how many people posting on this board are under 18???

as for daniels being the voice of kitt, is that likely???

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:36 am

I teach Preschool, and I tell you the Dukes are still pretty big. We're an Appalachian Head Start, and some of those boys watch the DoH on CMT...and they're waaaay under 18.
:D

And they *all* know the General. :D

Now if my boss would just let me slip in a little KR some day during playtime....

Sgt_BFG
Rookie

Post by Sgt_BFG » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:16 am

OH Yay! solid movie news, but there is only one problem....will it be any good?

greeknight
Rookie

Post by greeknight » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:53 am

In my opinion if they make the movie, they must use a 1982 Pontiac trans am.
This car after so many years still looks fantastic.

GR81
Volunteer

Post by GR81 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:55 pm

GR81 says:
greeknight wrote:In my opinion if they make the movie, they must use a 1982 Pontiac trans am.
I agree

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:18 am

GR81 wrote:GR81 says:
greeknight wrote:In my opinion if they make the movie, they must use a 1982 Pontiac trans am.
I agree
I second the motion :D

ryytel
Operative

Post by ryytel » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:30 am

what the hell 2008 @&^# it takes year to get our channel 2009!!! Ohh wait i can get my car then lol
Knight Rider "Trust Doesnt Rust"

K.A.R.R. : Do you wish to drive, or shall I.

Tony : Go ahead.

loneknight4000
Recruit

kitt features

Post by loneknight4000 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:46 am

I think kitt should have some new features like adaptive camouflage to make him invisable like the astin in JB die another day and mabe flying system like the De lorean in back to the future what do u all think

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:56 am

I've found the cast of Knight Rider 2008 Movie on http://www.aceshowbiz.com. Here's the cast:
Starring :
David Hasselhoff, Gregory Smith, Ted Levine, Yasmine Bleeth, Dash Mihok, Nicholas Lea, Jack Scalia

Source: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/movie/knight_rider/

What do you think about this cast?

Besides, i have found the realase date on http://www.igglevideo.com, it's planning to realase June 2008.

Source: http://www.igglevideo.com/content/movie ... e&id=83421

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:12 am

No William Daniels? :( I hope he's going to do the voice for KITT.

loneknight4000
Recruit

Post by loneknight4000 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:28 pm

what about bringing back Garth and Goliath with KARR'S CPU seeing as it was left flashing in the debries of KARR'S body at the end KITT vs KARR

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:12 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:No William Daniels? :( I hope he's going to do the voice for KITT.
It might be like the series. Where Will didn't want the recognition of being KITT's voice. :? :?
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama