Watching the Episodes in Filming Order - Inconsistencies

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Watching the Episodes in Filming Order - Inconsistencies

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:29 am

I decided to watch the entire series in the order in which it was filmed and noticed a few things.

First, the production numbers don't match with the order the episodes were filmed (ex: Not a Drop to Drink is production 57304 and filmed in October 1982, but "Slammin Sammy" is production 57315 and filmed in mid-September 1982). Why would this be like that?

Also, "A Plush Ride" was filmed before "Slammin Sammy", but "Plush" uses the Oxygen Vent, which isnt introduced until "Sammy"!

Just noticed this...there's 3 episodes where Michael is called "Mike" by someone...."A Plush Ride", "Slammin Sammy" and "Not a Drop to Drink"...all filmed close to each other.

Joe

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:08 am

They probably had a restricted amount of filming time and so maybe had to have more than one episode on the run?

In a weekly show, You would want to be ahead of your airing date.

md_knight_rider
Rookie

Post by md_knight_rider » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:22 pm

I also noticed a lot of sound effects missing from my third disk/third season/side two. Nothing that seriously effects the show but, amusing when a gun goes off and there's no "BANG", and the guy falls to the floor. That's just funny. LOL
Director - The Mid-Atlantic Knight Riders' Summit

http://www.mdknightrider.com

I project odds of a thousand to one against my meeting a more compatible human than yourself.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:51 am

With the exception of the Pilot, the episodes were filmed one at a time...they didn't overlap filming.

Joe

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:58 pm

the few episodes were some calls michael "Mike"....that was always there!...I remembered those shows when they first aired!....I even got the video tapes that show the same thing over!
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:35 am

I think the Production Number (in the case of Knight Rider) was applied to "script" instead of "episode". That would make a bit more sense -- some stories needing a longer turnaround time between paper and screen ("Slammin' Sammy", for example, went through some big changes in a very short space of time -- read the script over at the Knight Rider Archive). If the production managers assigned numbers to stories after they bought/accepted the pitch, there would be varying delivery dates of all the first drafts, and some going through more re-writes than the others.

I've watched the episodes in Production Order in the past and it's fun -- but a little weird when you get to Season 3, and have Patricia McPherson "reunited" with Hasselhoff after already appearing in four episodes!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;