1955 Lynx Imperial from Knight Sting??

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

wmarino
Volunteer

1955 Lynx Imperial from Knight Sting??

Post by wmarino » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:17 am

Here's kind of an offbeat question but I don't think anyone has ever brought it up. I just watched the episode Knight Sting, and as bad as that one was, I couldn't help but wonder about that Lynx Imperial sports car KITT "transformed" into. Anybody know anything about that car? Was that actually a real car? With season 4's budget I'd be surprised if they were actually given the dough to build a car just for that episode. Or was it a car that was built for some other series or movie and just re-used for Knight Rider? Kinda like the Ferret vehicle that was originally built for Logan's Run. I did searches on yahoo and google and found nothing. If anybody has any info, please share. I've always wondered.

Frank Poole
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Frank Poole » Mon May 08, 2006 8:14 pm

Hello Wmario,

I to always wondered what this car was. It probably just a prop they made in the back lot.
All that trouble to stay alive, now he's just gonna have to die again.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon May 08, 2006 8:30 pm

Look about 5 topics down on the page...I started a thread on this last week:

http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... php?t=8833

Joe

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue May 09, 2006 10:07 pm

Anyone else think that the shape of that race car can not fit kitt inside?Theres only 1 seat from the looks of it.

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Sun May 14, 2006 11:26 am

Yeah, that was really messed up. There was that one seat, that somehow had KITT's real voice modulator and such behind a fake panel. The weird thing is, the position of that seat (assuming KITT was under the shell) would've been inside the engine bay. Also, where's the other seat? It was supposed to be a shell on top of KITT, so once you got inside the car should've looked normal inside (discounting things like fake panels). When the "shell" was dissolved, KITT was just there as he normally was. I guess it's possible they could've put a fake partition inside that KITT got rid of along with the shell that would've blocked the view of the other seats and such, and the canopy would've been on top of one of the T-tops, which would've just been left open. However, if the shell did dissolve into that puddle of goo, it would've gotten all over the place inside, icky. Was that clear canopy made of the same magic dissolving material? There were so many plot holes in that it wasn't even funny.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sun May 14, 2006 12:11 pm

I can't remember seeing this episode. Sounds rather improbable

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Mon May 15, 2006 4:09 am

I actually quite liked this episode as it involved everyone in the cast on a new level. Bonnies seductive side was really quite an interesting thing to watch and it just suited her!

Ad's