Question about Knight Rider TV series

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

shawn757
Volunteer

Question about Knight Rider TV series

Post by shawn757 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:41 pm

I have a question. Why didn't any other network try to pick up Knight Rider after it was cancelled by NBC? I mean like after they cancelled Baywatch just after 1 season DH and his partners got the rights for the show and it went on for another 10 seasons. I never liked Baywatch but if a show like that can survive 11 seasons why couldn't Knight Rider? Does this mean DH had no interest in continuing KR? Even now without doing a big screen KR, they can do a new series based on the original. I mean not like TKR or KR2010. DH can play Michael Knight and they just need to find a good actor to play the driver thats all. It can work. Glen Larson can be the EP. What do you think?

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by LuvKITT » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:22 pm

Could be that David just didn't have the money to continue it like Baywatch. Another reason is Universal might not have let him take it over either. Who knows. I didn't like Baywatch either. It would have been nice to see KR to go another season or 2.

shawn757
Volunteer

Post by shawn757 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:05 pm

Yeah it could have easily gone another 2 seasons. I don't know why people here think that the 4th season storylines were weak. I know adding RC3 might not been a great idea but other than that stories were same as seasons 1-3. Anyway is there any chance of them trying to make a new series?

rulloa81
Operative

Re: Question about Knight Rider TV series

Post by rulloa81 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:58 pm

shawn757 wrote: DH can play Michael Knight and they just need to find a good actor to play the driver thats all. It can work. Glen Larson can be the EP. What do you think?

I think they should get together and do another KR series. They would be able to add in some CGI for the special effects without having to destroy any cars. I think that a KR movie had a better chance of being than a series because there are quite a few old TV shows being remade into movies like Starky and Hutch, Dukes, Miami Vice, and Dallas.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:44 pm

I don't think the 4th season episodes were weaker than those of the previous seasons; they were more action-packed and more dramatic, too.
As for the part of DH not being able to have "Knight Rider" as a first-run syndicated show, well, I didn't think it was possible for him to do so at that time.
Right now, I like "Knight Rider" more than I do "Baywatch", since I'm on a bit of a hiatus from watching the show.

shawn757
Volunteer

Post by shawn757 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:03 am

Yeah thats what I thought too, addition of RC3 made it more action packed. I think now its possible to start a KR series with DH. I only hope they do this soon before DH & WD get more older.

shawn757
Volunteer

Post by shawn757 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:05 am

I have another question. I know the 4th season was shown on Friday. After canceling Knight Rider, what show did NBC replace it with for that time slot? Can anyone remember? I remember in 85 NBC had "V" the TV series at this same time slot and guess what that show was also cancelled just after one season.

ALIEN17
Volunteer

Post by ALIEN17 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:09 pm

IF it went for another season or two where would they get the ideas for the new story lines from without repeating any thing?
KITT- I am the KNIGHT industries two thousand

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:16 pm

ALIEN17 wrote:IF it went for another season or two where would they get the ideas for the new story lines from without repeating any thing?
Exactly. We would have no doubt seen recycled versions of old stories. We already began to see that with all the epsiodes having a race in them that Michael and K.I.T.T. had to join to weed out killers.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Starship
Recruit

Post by Starship » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:09 am

That almost makes it sound like the old Speed Racer cartoon. In a way, the Mach 5 was kind of a precursor to KITT! It was a sports car with ahead-of-its-time technology that was used for fighting crime. Remember the mechanical homing pigeon? I guess that was before cel phones!
I try to put a little KITT in any car I own!

ALIEN17
Volunteer

Post by ALIEN17 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:13 pm

I know it don't have any special gadgets in it but remeber the VolksWagen bettle that could drive its self? that could be considered a start for "smart" cars
KITT- I am the KNIGHT industries two thousand