You have to admit, 'Knight Rider' fans are pretty lucky!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PBH
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

You have to admit, 'Knight Rider' fans are pretty lucky!

Post by PBH » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:18 pm

Okay, okay. We can always complain about petty things. But let's face it, we've had it pretty good. All season DVDs, annual events, 3 CDs *so far* (that I know of) with one of the creators asking fans for input for a 4th CD, 2 video games, replicas, full replica parts, models of many scales & types, a tentative movie (with creative control in fans interest), a TV movie, a spin-off series (okay, so it wasn't too good, but still), TV series cameos, internet dedication sites, sheesh!!!

Like I said, we can always complain about petty things like model inaccuracies, no extra dvd content, etc, but you need to agree, we've had it pretty good. The only thing that comes close that I've noticed is 'Dukes Of Hazzard'. Even that comes in 2nd next to 'Knight Rider'.

Am I wrong?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:02 pm

You're right! :)

And don't forget fanfic. And KITT-type AI projects. ;)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:45 pm

Yeah, I'm lucky to be a fan of "Knight Rider" myself, and I've finished watching the 3rd season DVD set, which was interesting to watch, and I think the DVD set still captured the essence of "Knight Rider", in my opinion, and I saw things I'd forgotten about.
I agree with the person who say we're quite lucky to be fans of a very atypical action adventure show.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: You have to admit, 'Knight Rider' fans are pretty lucky!

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:30 pm

PBH wrote:Okay, okay. We can always complain about petty things. But let's face it, we've had it pretty good. All season DVDs, annual events, 3 CDs *so far* (that I know of) with one of the creators asking fans for input for a 4th CD, 2 video games, replicas, full replica parts, models of many scales & types, a tentative movie (with creative control in fans interest), a TV movie, a spin-off series (okay, so it wasn't too good, but still), TV series cameos, internet dedication sites, sheesh!!!

Like I said, we can always complain about petty things like model inaccuracies, no extra dvd content, etc, but you need to agree, we've had it pretty good. The only thing that comes close that I've noticed is 'Dukes Of Hazzard'. Even that comes in 2nd next to 'Knight Rider'.

Am I wrong?
Very optomistic. I agree you're right. It's just that the majority of us are perfectionists since we know every miniscule detail of K.I.T.T., episode plots, etc. There's a couple of ups and downs like the drawbacks on the DVDs as an example, but at least we have these things at all.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:33 am

You're absolutely right!
For example there's no Street Hawk DVD:s, not many people even know about it anymore, not to mention some other shows like the Whiz Kids etc. that probably haven't had even reruns on tv after the original airing.
I'm amazed that even widely famous 80's tv show Miami Vice is behind Knight Rider in the DVD releases and I don't know if Miami Vice or MacGyver is yet on hdtv either, Knight Rider is.

It's GREAT to be a Knight Rider fan :)

-KITTfan-

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:13 pm

I have to agree.... When I was a kid I would have been overwelmed by all the things that are available now. For example I always wanted a model KITT and now I have one. I have all three seasons on DVD and this forum is GREAT! I'm glad to be a part of it.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:21 pm

3 CDs ??? :shock: I know of only two:
Knight Rider • Best Of Don Peake Vol.1
The Knight Rider Soundtrack (Music by Stu Phillips)

Did I miss anything :roll:

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:31 pm

Knight Rider Volume 1 - released by Hi-Tech records a couple of years back. It included Don Peake tracks from the episodes "Knight Of The Chameleon", "Lost Knight", "K.I.T.T. VS K.A.R.R." and "Knight In Retreat". While working on a Volume 2, the company went under (apparently owing money to Knight Registries from what I've read). So no Volume 2 was completed.

Last edited by PBH on Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:08 am

PBH wrote:Knight Rider Volume 1 - released by Hi-Tech records a couple of years back. It included Don Peake tracks from the episodes "Knight Of The Chameleon", "Lost Knight", "K.I.T.T. VS K.A.R.R." and "Knight In Retreat". While working on a Volume 2, the company went under (apparently owing money to Knight Registries from what I've read). So no Volume 2 was completed.

And where can the first volume be found? (purchase wise)

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:05 am

It can't. The company has been gone for years. So no more CD's are being produced.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

GTiGirl
Rookie

Post by GTiGirl » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:14 am

I think PBH it's correct 8) we, the fans of Knight Rider are lucky to have all those things, but in my case (I know this is a dream, but dreams can come true) I will only be satisfyed when I get my Pontiac, to turn him a KITT 8)
Knight Rider Portugal: http://knightriderportugal.forumeiros.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:35 pm

I liked "Street Hawk" myself when I was younger, but it only lasted a short time, so I had enjoyed that show while it was on.
However, I still feel that "Knight Rider" was better, and I'm glad D. Hasselhoff still calls that a good show these days, because I like seeing "Knight Rider" more than I like "Baywatch" these days.

Firstwavefirmie
Volunteer

Post by Firstwavefirmie » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Yes, KR fans have it good! I'm happy to be a KR fan and I'm really surprised that Universal has put out all the season's this quickly. At least KR fans will have all the epis on dvd. That's more than Airwolf fans can say. Universal is just being pee heads about released the remaining Airwolf seasons.

I would have liked to had more extras on the KR dvd's, BUT I'll settle for the epi's and be happy with that bc I never thought we'd get KR on dvd this fast after the first season was out.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Re: You have to admit, 'Knight Rider' fans are pretty lucky!

Post by walter h. anderson » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:58 am

PBH wrote:Okay, okay. We can always complain about petty things. But let's face it, we've had it pretty good. All season DVDs, annual events, 3 CDs *so far* (that I know of) with one of the creators asking fans for input for a 4th CD, 2 video games, replicas, full replica parts, models of many scales & types, a tentative movie (with creative control in fans interest), a TV movie, a spin-off series (okay, so it wasn't too good, but still), TV series cameos, internet dedication sites, sheesh!!!
Quite right, PBH. And who says Knight Rider is boring? It exists and grows because we love it!!!!!

The Knight Ten Thousand
Volunteer

Post by The Knight Ten Thousand » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:06 pm

Very lucky, in my opinion.

I remember when KR came out in syndication and I saw that a LOT of footage that aired during the show's NBC run had been edited out. I wasn't very happy about that, but I recorded the shows onto VHS. A few years later, I wound up joining the Columbia House outfit and KR was the first show I chose to start buying. When I got Knight of the Phoenix, I was thrilled to no end to see that NOT ONLY had the footage that aired on NBC had been restored...but the episodes were completely unedited! I was in Heaven!

They dropped me kind of quick because I have a handy KR episode guide and when the tape I got from them did NOT have an episode I liked, I mailed it back. After a certain point, they stopped sending me tapes.

I almost did backflips when I first found out that KR was coming to DVD. I purchased S1 and when I discovered that the episodes had ALL the footage, I was elated.

I really consider myself lucky when I found out that when The Cosby Show season one came out, they released the SYNDICATED versions...and there were several complaints about that on amazon.com.
"One man can make a difference."

Wilton Knight

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:07 pm

I too am grateful that KR is on dvd.With the explosion of tv shows being released to dvd,I've been able to collect and watch the shows I loved and still love today(Buck Rogers,Battlestar Galactica,Star Trek).But there's one show I'm hoping is released that I was in love with when I was very young,and that is CHiP's.Looking back at the episodes,yeah they were cheesy but when I was 5 years old I loved motorcycles and seeing Ponch and Jon in hot pursuit of bumbling crooks was heavenly for me.And this was shortly before KR.Now I can revisit the fond memories of enjoyment I had watching these shows.
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

The Knight Ten Thousand
Volunteer

Post by The Knight Ten Thousand » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:17 am

trooper TK-WHA?? wrote:I too am grateful that KR is on dvd.With the explosion of tv shows being released to dvd,I've been able to collect and watch the shows I loved and still love today(Buck Rogers,Battlestar Galactica,Star Trek).But there's one show I'm hoping is released that I was in love with when I was very young,and that is CHiP's.Looking back at the episodes,yeah they were cheesy but when I was 5 years old I loved motorcycles and seeing Ponch and Jon in hot pursuit of bumbling crooks was heavenly for me.And this was shortly before KR.Now I can revisit the fond memories of enjoyment I had watching these shows.
There're two other shows I'd like to see out on DVD, and they're Universal shows as well: THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN and THE BIONIC WOMAN. I remember all the happiness I had watching Steve and Jamie as a child during the 70s. When the Sci-Fi channel started airing them, I was like a hog in slop! I hope they'll release the shows AND the reunion movies. I don't need anything super fancy, just good picture and sound quality and closed caption/sub titles.
"One man can make a difference."

Wilton Knight

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:05 pm

yeah we are pretty lucky...

i discovered a few weeks ago another one of my favorite 80s cop shows, hardcasle and mccormick is being released....but its a little harder to come by than going down to the local best buy and picking it up, since they only released it in canada... luckily Amazon.ca is stocking it and you can get it shipped for around $10

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:12 pm

PBH wrote:It can't. The company has been gone for years. So no more CD's are being produced.
Darn! :x

darthcual
Volunteer

Post by darthcual » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:17 pm

KITTfan wrote:You're absolutely right!
For example there's no Street Hawk DVD:s, not many people even know about it anymore, not to mention some other shows like the Whiz Kids etc. that probably haven't had even reruns on tv after the original airing.
I'm amazed that even widely famous 80's tv show Miami Vice is behind Knight Rider in the DVD releases and I don't know if Miami Vice or MacGyver is yet on hdtv either, Knight Rider is.

It's GREAT to be a Knight Rider fan :)

-KITTfan-
And lets not forget "K.I.D.S. incorporated K I D S!"
I guess he ran out of imaginary dishes to wash.

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:25 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:You're right! :)

And don't forget fanfic. And KITT-type AI projects. ;)
Kitt AI projects. I have already done that. I created a Chatter bot AI that acts like Kitt. Now I just need to buy a new laptop and move Kitt. Then I can put him in my car per se.

I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.