Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Teunstah
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Teunstah » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:21 am

Hi again;

Newcastle knight:
Having the rights to make a game is not the same as having access to all official KR resources like the faces and voices of the actors. These need to be aquired seperately, either with the help of liscence holder, or in negotiations with the actors themselves.

Knight2000:
No, those end-scenes are not in the game. We thought it best to leave it, since the later seasons did aswell.

Mike Knight:
No plans for GBA yet,but who knows (will read your design when I get the time). On a sequal; well I've already told my managers that I'd love to do it, but they call the shots :P

situ
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by situ » Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:59 am

Is "The Junkyard Dog" in the game?
Link 1
Link2
Knight rider on DVD & VHS
The Junkyard Dog episode is on box set one

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: Zed ]

Sonicfreak
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Questions KR game?

Post by Sonicfreak » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:16 am

Teunstah, I have an important question. I know a lot of people on this board would like to see the following question answered. Why are the tail lights different from the ones in the series? I mean in the series the tail lights where darker, hardly noticeable when they where not in use. From the screenshots I have seen it seems like KITT is reversing and doing a power brake. I hope you guys have time to fix the tail lights before the release because we are constantly looking at them when playing the game.

situ
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by situ » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:59 am

Sonicfreak has a point!

This site might be useful

Teunstah
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Teunstah » Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:30 am

Well tbh, we did this on purpose, we had them all black before, but we got a lot of comments saying that KITT looked a bit dull like that.
And we agreed that there was a point; in the series you see KITT from all directions, actually not too often from the back.
In the game however we see the car from the rear all the time, and those visible lights make the rear a bit more intresting, then looking at a completely black rear-end all the time(or atleast we think so).

So that's why we didn't do it exactly like it was in the series. (sorry [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

This goes for more elements of the game, we have had to 'fix' things which were never a problem in the series. I've read comments on how small the semi looks; In the series they obviously use two different scenes, one for outside, where the truck is normal size, and one scene for inside the truck, much wider, so there was plenty of room to open kitts doors and stuff, we cannot fake this (unless we would have gone for a very wide truck which would have looked ridiculously large from the outside. Same goes for engine sound, in the series they added some cool timed samples afterwards in post-production, we've had to create a whole system for that. And I could go on giving examples. I'm sorry if some of you feel that we haven't done all the details right, we've tried, but most of the little 'off' things have been done for good reasons (atleast to us).

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:54 am

I don't have such a problem with the rear lights, yeah 'per gustibus e coloribus no disputantum' but the all black rear was indeed 'dull' and made it look like a whole big texture and out of nowhere lights appeared. I just hope you guys have the Turbo Boost sound like in the series! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sonicfreak
Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Sonicfreak » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:18 am

Well, Teunstah, you have a point when you say that the rear looks dull without the tail lights. I have thought about it and you are right. I just wanted to know why you have done some concessions. Please keep us informed with as many facts (and screenshots) as possible. Thanks.

Sonicfreak
Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Sonicfreak » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:01 am

I have another question. In the intro KITT has four head lights (I mean the lights in the front bumper). In the game he has six. How is this possible?

dinknight
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by dinknight » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:26 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicfreak:
<STRONG>I have another question. In the intro KITT has four head lights (I mean the lights in the front bumper). In the game he has six. How is this possible?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does make him look a lot more modern doesn't it?

Sonicfreak
Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Sonicfreak » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:29 am

Yeah, I think the version with six lights in the front bumper is better than the one with four.

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:26 pm

viewing Kitt vs Karr again. In the night section outside the hospital where Karr has his lights on, you can see 6 lights, although the 4 are lit, the 2 in the outer sections left and right are not, but he has 6 headlights.

Holic
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Holic » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:35 pm

Hi, I´m from Austria and I can´t wait to finally play this game

My Ques: (not really important for the game but, oh well hehe) Will the voicebox be modiefied a littlebit before the game comes out or will it stay like it is (e.g. 4 buttons instead of originally 5 in the last 2 seasons in wich the game takesd place and no "Auto mode, pusrsuit mode",... thing)

Oh yeah, and thanx a lot for taking the time to answer the questions here [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Greetz from Austria,
Marcus

JustinMacri
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by JustinMacri » Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:53 am

will we have to player battle modes like the The Dukes Of Hazzard game and driving games

knightrider_ni
Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by knightrider_ni » Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:28 am

i can understand the concessions, after all first-and-foremost it must be an enjoyable and playable game. there are too many licenced games out there that try to be too close to their licence and end up tacking on dud gameplay almost as an afterthought. so none of this you've mentioned bothers me at all - spm, the lights, the rear, all explanations given are fine and they wouldn't have bothered me anyways, like i said the game comes first. and by from what i've heard it IS "knight rider" [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

one thing though - on the original press release on the net (and in every release sinced then in the printed press) it has been stated that a GBA version IS planned and being worked on (as well as a gamecube one). i hope davilex isn't renegging on their word to GBA fans?

neps
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by neps » Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightrider_ni:
<STRONG>one thing though - on the original press release on the net (and in every release sinced then in the printed press) it has been stated that a GBA version IS planned and being worked on (as well as a gamecube one). i hope davilex isn't renegging on their word to GBA fans?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They haven't said anything publicly about it because the deals aren't finalized and its not good to talk before everything is in place.

But further up on the board they have said:

Sonicfreak:
We're in the process of evaluating the possibilities, on all platforms. For now... let's say it looks good...

Just because they say they are going to do versions for another platform initially, things happen, deals fall through. I doubt their not doing a game on all platforms is not from a lack of wanting to.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Questions KR game?

Post by sarfraz » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:40 am

The problem is, that when news first arrived of the game on Davilex sites, they stated PS2,PC,GC, XBOX and the GBA...so there was some expectation. Particularly, considering the raw power available on the 2 newer next-gen consoles (GC and XBOX).

It would be nice if Davilex could clear this up alittle bit more. Thanks.

Sarfraz

dinknight
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by dinknight » Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:16 am

Teunstah, I know the answer may not be ready for it's question, but i'm still curious [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] . When will TV channels which have gaming segments (e.g. Extended Play, TechTV) tell and show the world Knight Rider -The Game?

Again, thank you for your time in this forum.

[ October 05, 2002: Message edited by: DinKnight ]

neps
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by neps » Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DinKnight:
<STRONG>Teunstah, I know the answer may not be ready for it's question, but i'm still curious [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] . When will TV channels which have gaming segments (e.g. Extended Play, TechTV) tell and show the world Knight Rider -The Game?
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it all depends on the station. Davilex is probably sending out press kits to the various media outlets, its up to the people who recieve it to determine if its worth enough of coverage, so in a way its not really under Davilex's control. However, with the November date approaching, I would assume that european magazines upcoming issues will mention it then if at all.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Questions KR game?

Post by sarfraz » Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:58 pm

Fair enough, understandibly the PS2 insalled base is the largest of the 3....but it would be nice to know if Davilex have any intention of releasing the game for the other consoles. I've seen it before, games will be released on the PS2 then later on the other consoles, usually with addded features (better graphics, new levels etc), is that the idea? see how the PS2 version does before going ahead with the other platforms?

Personally, I don't intend to get a PS2 (crapstation [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] ), so I'm hoping that the PC version will be sufficient until either XBOX, GC or GBA (I've got all 3) verions get released, hopefully.

Sarfraz

ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:21 pm

[img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] Just watched the download - excellent detail - preordered today!

Couldn't get the 2nd download to work though but it was worth the wait for the 1st.

JustinMacri
Rookie

A question about Driving KITT in the game......

Post by JustinMacri » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:00 am

I seen the pictures of the cameria moves on KITT well i am wondering you know in Grand Theft Auto three when you make the camira angle diffrent and if you want to drive in the copit? Can i always be in the copit or is that up to the angle?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:12 am

Justin, I think you had better wait until the game comes out.

knightimmortal

neps
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by neps » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:21 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarfraz:
<STRONG>The problem is, that when news first arrived of the game on Davilex sites, they stated PS2,PC,GC, XBOX and the GBA...so there was some expectation. Particularly, considering the raw power available on the 2 newer next-gen consoles (GC and XBOX).
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

first, as a prewarning, lets not turn this into a debate of which system is the most powerful. That being said I think when choosing what system to develop for, they might have decided to make the game for the most popular systems rather than the most powerful. PC has a huge installed base, and PS2 has the largest installed base of the next-gen systems.

as of september 2002, (sorce cnet.com) there were 40million PS2's sold globally, the other system pale in comparision. (i tried finding actual figures, but all articles talked about dispointing sales and a huge gap between PS2 and all others and didn't give exact figures.)

if the game is huge, I'm sure they will put out games for the other system. Davilex is a small company and they have to decide where the funds that they have will get them the most return.

they are all different platforms, and programing for any of them requires alot of work. it may have been out of their scope to have all games platforms available for the same release date.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:33 am

And dont you think this post is better to be in the Questions About the Game thread?

-Scott

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:55 am

Boy oh boy. This guy's a few feet short of a full Turbo Boost.... [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Justin, you wouldn't also happen to go by the name of Sentai8 on the Power Rangers Central Message Board, would you? If so... This is Green Ranger, ready to bust your head in! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]