The most obvious nitpick in the entire series

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Darknight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Darknight » Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:36 pm

I figured they did wanna stay away from traffic as much as possible. Of course, it's funny how not seeing the show in several years can distort one's memories.
*sniffles* I miss KR so much! Ok Corby, get it together...

Darknight

(Not on the verge of breakdown...honest!)

Digitalmovment
Volunteer

Post by Digitalmovment » Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:29 am

I think the whole 180 thing depends on the season. I'm in the middle of wathing season 1 right now and I've noticed the 180 on every exit from the semi. But a question. Why would the Semi go past the destination insted of Micheal and Kitt leaving ahead of it.

My major nitpick of the shoe happends to be the semi. When KITT loads into it there is vertually no room for error. Switch into the semi and Micheal has enough room to open the door and walk beside KITT.
Is it the incredable expanding Semi or what?

KITT431
Recruit

Post by KITT431 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:30 pm

My biggest nitpick was somewhat spoken of before, but once while K.I.T.T. was getting out of a parking space you see the stick go to D and the accelerator is nailed and K.I.T.T. backs out of the space!

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:51 pm

Yeah, that happened most of the time, KITT would floor it then move off at a fairly normal speed ! bearing in mind this car is supposed to do 0-60 in something like 0.2 seconds !

Sometimes they would get the gear stick stock footage mixed up also, ive seen KITT go into reverse, then he goes forward, then it shows the stick going into drive and he backs up, lol

IceKnight
Rookie

Post by IceKnight » Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:02 am

Has to be season 4. As much as I loved KITT as a convertible, I could not stand the fact that his entire rear seat disappeared, and that his trunk lid magically grew two aerodynamic humps behind the seats.

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:29 am

IceKnight wrote:Has to be season 4. As much as I loved KITT as a convertible, I could not stand the fact that his entire rear seat disappeared, and that his trunk lid magically grew two aerodynamic humps behind the seats.
I've always wondered that myself. Where did the humps come from and what ever happened to the T-Tops???? It would seem that if you had T-Tops you could NEVER remove the top or the glass would somehow fall out!

Beth C

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:47 am

Must admit that is a rather big mistake within the show....(but i cant lie, i loved the covertable and spm..just trying to forget that nitpick lol) Also the overhead console? where did that go lol

K.I.T.T

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:08 am

It always seemed to me that the T-top roof folded down and a completely new lid closed over the whole covering the backseat. The humps were on the lid not the T-top roof.

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:35 am

K.I.T.T wrote:Must admit that is a rather big mistake within the show....(but i cant lie, i loved the covertable and spm..just trying to forget that nitpick lol) Also the overhead console? where did that go lol

K.I.T.T
I'd be more concerned about needing something on that overhead console. If I can remember correctly didn't he push a button or something on it to contact Devon? The convertible was a sweet car, but not very practical...

Beth C

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:37 am

March2875 wrote:It always seemed to me that the T-top roof folded down and a completely new lid closed over the whole covering the backseat. The humps were on the lid not the T-top roof.
That would seem the most logical explanation.. but ....

Where did they store this new lid???? :shock: It sure didn't appear to fold up!

Beth C

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:58 pm

It went to another dimension. :)

KI

Katt
Operative

Re: The most obvious nitpick in the entire series

Post by Katt » Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:26 pm

Digitalmovment wrote:I think the whole 180 thing depends on the season. I'm in the middle of wathing season 1 right now and I've noticed the 180 on every exit from the semi. But a question. Why would the Semi go past the destination insted of Micheal and Kitt leaving ahead of it.

My major nitpick of the shoe happends to be the semi. When KITT loads into it there is vertually no room for error. Switch into the semi and Micheal has enough room to open the door and walk beside KITT.
Is it the incredable expanding Semi or what?
*tries to stop laughing enough to make some posts.* I think it's a pull out semi or something, they need more room, they just push the sides out. :P

But, I agree, it does seem to just magically expand from KITT barely making it in, to suddenly being wide enough that KITT can open both doors. :P

achile454
Stranger

Post by achile454 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:44 pm

Well have you remark that the semi have change in the first season

Have you remark too that we never see the Semi conductor except when Micheal use it in a season one ep and when RC-3 use in the fourth season strange

Achile

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:58 pm

Kitt's tyres 'squealing', even when he was on gravel or grass, used to bother me. Why was that such a necessary sound effect that it had to be added even when it was out of place? And surely Kitt was a better driver than that anyway - the tyres would squeal when he was setting off from a parking space! :roll:

Sarah
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:50 am

if you watch closely in "knight of the phoenix part 1" there is one point when the thieves steal kitt, its when he does the donut in the intersection, that not only does kitt have a round steering wheel, he also has a stock 1982 trans am dash board, this always disturbed me....

SlamminSammy
Volunteer

Post by SlamminSammy » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:04 pm

I would have to say the biggest one I have is in Knight of the Phoenix, Part 2, when the theives stole KITT and KITT was supposedly doing the 360s in the intersection. If you look closely, some fuel runs out of the filler door. Another one lines up with that exact scene. The thief in the driver's seat had a voice over like "I can't stop it!", but he is steering at the same time.

A long-term nitpick was throughout the second season, where the PURSUIT telltale in the voice box was sometimes red, other times blue.

Otherwise, good good show.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:37 am

I have two nit-picks witch equally annoy the heck out of me....

1. the big bulge in the back of the drivers seat for the "invisable driver"

2. the really bad "turbo boost" jumps which end with kitt heading nose first for the ground then in the next shot Kitt lands perfectly.

ARRRHHHHHH! Why don't they re-do those jumps so it at least looks convincing...espicially that scene where Kitt jumps the huge lake.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:29 am

I found that the voicebox itself changed from time to time. It would go from the normal three-vertical bar display to a solid red box whenever KITT spoke. What was up with that?

Also, every time KITT landed they probably destroyed or at least seriously damaged the car. They must have gone through anywhere from 1-10 Trans-Ams per episode. The main reason why Universal cancelled the show was because of production costs I heard.

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:14 am

I noticed in a few episodes where KITT's speedo would be clickety clacking
past 200 mph but only appeared to be doing 60ish.

Why was his speedometer so noisy anyway?
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:09 pm

Why was his speedometer so noisy anyway?
Its funny yous hould mention that. I was thinking about the noisey speedo yesterday while wathcing Kr on tape with my kids. :)

Someone mentioned a nitpick in here about Kitts scanner being right at the very front of the car in the first episode?

I watched that episode yesterday and couldn't see it for the life of me. Can anyone elaberate this?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:25 pm

How about the many skid marks that just happened to be in the same areas that KITT was stopping really fast and making hard turns or skidding sideways.

With this same line of thought.. I remember a city sceene when KITT goes down a street and the car spins around to head the other direction...there are many people on the sidewalk and in the middle of the street where KITT spins around... I guess there just happened to be people standing in the middle of the street.

knightynight
Recruit

Post by knightynight » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:05 am

Unfortunately, my nitpicks become a little more technical. Issues of infrared scanners being able to "see" through things as if they simply removed the wall they were looking through, whereas in real life, infrared is simply detecting heat, therefore the heat would have to be represented by some kind of color coding one might see say, in the RoboCop TV pilot. These sort of things really bug me the most.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:41 am

I could deal with the sci-fi version of infrared, but the worst one is using the microjammer to manipulate non electronic components, like regular physically maneuverable door locks, and of course, the dice. THAT is pushing it.

KI

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:09 am

speaking of the microjammer, how come he can jam/unlock things such as handcuffs, and trunk locks and safe's but couldnt undo the simple lock on the door on the heat chamber in buyout?

Cuda426440
Recruit

Post by Cuda426440 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:36 pm

I noticed a little nitpick on the episode "Knights in the Fast Lane". When Micheal lost the race to Alan Feinstein, Micheal desactivated Kitt by an independent power button on the left of the steering. I thought the Power button was on the right of the steering with the Normal Cruise, the Auto Cruise and the Pursuit Mode buttons... am I right?