White Bird at Burger King

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:33 pm

Now forgive me if this has been covered before, but I've been out of the loop.

I was at Burger King injesting a double heart attack with cheese, when "white bird" came on the musac. Now I thought it was the David Hasselhoff Knight Rider version, but I couldn't be sure. But then I was back in there a few weeks later getting one of those LOTR cups for my girlfriend and it was on again.

Has anyone else had a similar experience in a burger king or anywhere else where they play musac?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:51 pm

Me, at our Burger King here. (It was for the fries, honest!) It suddenly came on over the speakers, and I started giggling. Happily, the person I was with (my sister) knew what I was giggling about, and she made excuses for me.

I couldn't tell if it was the DH version, either.

knightimmortal

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:15 am

The Burger King's (or most any other fast food places...OK. So the Greek Chicken place does. Drive by at 3 A.M. and it is there, being pumped out a loud speaker.) around my area do the service of not using any musac.

However, I used to work at a toy store (During the Christmas season. That was a crazy month.) where one of the policies was to play some in-store sound track. And, play over and over and over, it did. (To the point of wanting to do a little micro-cassette surgery on the device.)

It sounds like your local BK's might be doing the same thing...in-house musac from some player, behind-the-scenes.

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:00 am

Ok Jared what are you doing at Burger King at 3am?

Richie

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Mar 19, 2002 11:44 pm

A simaler experience happene dto em.I was in the doctors waiting room waiting to be called and i was soo bored of this realy old musac and suddenly a song from the pilot episode of knight rider,knight of the pheonix came on.Im not sure which one but it was in the sequence when michael falls asleep at the wheel.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:00 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightvision:
<STRONG>Ok Jared what are you doing at Burger King at 3am?

Richie</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at Burger King at 3 A.M. Just cruising by this local fast food restraunt a few times at 3 A.M.

BTW: I rarly eat at BK.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:37 am

My guess would be that the White Bird song was the version done by the group "It's A Beautiful Day". I've caught it a few times on the radio over the years. Similarly, Hasslehoff redid the song "Do Your Love Me?" but it's the original version that still gets the replays.

Mike

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:56 am

Yeah, because DH's version of "Do You Love Me" doesn't sound too good. Now, I do know that one of our radio stations did play DH's version at one time, because (the DJ's words, not mine!) he thought it was 'crazy cool-like, man!'

But you are probably right, Mike. It's probably the original version.

knightimmortal

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:20 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knight Racer:
<STRONG>A simaler experience happene dto em.I was in the doctors waiting room waiting to be called and i was soo bored of this realy old musac and suddenly a song from the pilot episode of knight rider,knight of the pheonix came on.Im not sure which one but it was in the sequence when michael falls asleep at the wheel.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was in a pub the other day and heard "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac. Its from the pilot when the police are chasing MK coz they think he's asleep.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:26 am

I was at a friend's wedding and the DJ played the Knight Rider theme as the groom went down to slip off his bride's garter. It really fit in well.

Mike

KOSI
Recruit

Post by KOSI » Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:44 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pajaro:
<STRONG>I was at a friend's wedding and the DJ played the Knight Rider theme as the groom went down to slip off his bride's garter. It really fit in well.

Mike</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's just freakin awesome! If I were ever going to get married, that would happen at my wedding too. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ March 20, 2002: Message edited by: KOSI ]