My Memory fails me: Has Kitt drag raced?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Pathogen
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My Memory fails me: Has Kitt drag raced?

Post by Pathogen » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:25 pm

I can't remember and my (few) videos are still boxed up from the move.
Has Kitt ever drag raced? If so, to what extent and how many times?

(off topic)
For you guys in the MD, VA, DE, PA, OH . . . etc, etc.
Come on over and visit me on May 17, 2003 for the 2nd Annual American Iron Shoot Out. In Hustler's absence, Pathogen will be defending the Radial 2 Runner-Up position in the Radial 1 class!

http://www.americanironshootout.com
More at http://media.firebirdv6.com/ais/
(also on my web site, but ya may have to look for it!)

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:43 pm

Hopefully I can shake off years of rust from no KR, and answer this correctly. I believe that KITT drag raced at the end of "Race for Life," against an old hopped up muscle car, and blew it away. Bonnie clapped and said, "yay KITT!" Devon even laughed. That might not be the right episode title, but I remember the episode.

DK:)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:46 pm

Minor Drag Racing: The end of "A Knight In Shining Armor", and "The Nineteenth Hole"

Then there was the drag in Knights of the Fast Lane.

KI

WannaBKnight
Rookie

Post by WannaBKnight » Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:37 am

knightimmortal wrote:Minor Drag Racing: The end of "A Knight In Shining Armor", and "The Nineteenth Hole"

Then there was the drag in Knights of the Fast Lane.

KI
I'm not sure if it's the same one KI, but I have a clip on my hard drive now of one such case. I'm not sure if it can realy be called a drag race though. It has Michael and KITT pull out of a car lot(I think it's a car lot), and pull up next to a man in a souped up Camaro. The man and Michael share that famous "eat my dust" look, then the man says "Go!", and Michael hits the gas. KITTs boosters go to full power and leave the guy with his jaw on the floor board. He never even hit the gas.

If someone has the webspace, I can send it to you to post so we all can see it.. It's a priceless clip..

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:51 am

That would be from the 19th Hole, I believe.

And I remembered another one. There was another drag race in "Hearts of Stone" too. (I think that is the one Darknight is remembering, as well, because in Race for Life, April was in it, not Bonnie. and Race for life had nothign to do with car racing, they were racing aganst time to get Becky her transplant)

KI
Last edited by knightimmortal on Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:59 am

Darknight wrote:Hopefully I can shake off years of rust from no KR, and answer this correctly. I believe that KITT drag raced at the end of "Race for Life," against an old hopped up muscle car, and blew it away. Bonnie clapped and said, "yay KITT!" Devon even laughed. That might not be the right episode title, but I remember the episode.

DK:)
Um, Kitt was never raced in Race for life, the episode has nothing to do with racing like so many seem to think...

Heres the description from the scifi site-

Race for Life

Michael and KITT race to find the only compatible donor for April's niece, who is seriously ill and in the hospital. Matters are complicated when Michael and KITT learn that their target is on the run from a rival gang, and might not be willing to donate his bone marrow in the first place.

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:47 pm

Heh, my rust shows then. I got the title mixed up. I know there was an episode such as the one I described though. hmmm...

DK

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:55 pm

Yeah, and if you read my post above, I tell you which one it is.

KI

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:00 pm

I'm sorry, Laura, but I skipped automatically to the last message on the thread, because I didn't think there was more than one reply. I wasn't expecting another more detailed post from you because you'd already posted once before with your first answer. My mistake.

Corby

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:53 am

Speaking of Knights in the Fast Lane, that ending stunk IMO. Here they are spending the whole episode trying to find this souped up Itallan sports car which is illegal in the US and could blow the doors off anything in the US, and no race to show the better car. We all know KITT would've won but I would've enjoyed Michael showing Taylor that KITT really was "the fastest thing on four wheels."

Nick

P.S. The end of the 19th Hole really was cool!!

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:16 pm

Kitt did race the Dagger DX, but couldn't demonstrate who was the better car, because Michael had a 'plan'. Also, in 'Slammin' Sammy's ...', from the first series, Michael told Kitt, "We're not supposed to be that good." I think there was maybe a running theme that Kitt kept his true capabilities hidden, unless as part of a case (ie, not just to show off). It was possible in the Nineteenth Hole (and I agree - a good 'underdog' contender :wink: ) for Kitt to beat his challenger, but flat out-running the Dagger would have aroused some competitive suspicions.

I think it's funny when people reply in all seriousness to topics, like this :wink:

But the 'emotional', so to speak, ending of 'Knights of the Fast Lane' was important in itself, as a sort of spooky conclusion to the Michael Long/'Jimbo' subplot.

Sarah
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines