Question about the Knight Rider Movie

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR picked up by Respectable Movie webbase

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:34 pm

I liked that last part of the article too [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

=Scott

EDIT- I just reported about the film on KJACK using the story from Film Force

[ March 25, 2002: Message edited by: Scott Kirkessner ]

Count Dracula
Recruit

Knight Rider movie is a go!

Post by Count Dracula » Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:53 pm

Someone in another forum told me that they are resurrecting Karr in this film. How much truth is thier to this? And what part of 2003 will the movie come? Early (Winter/Spring), mid (Summer) or late (Fall/Winter) 2003?

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:17 pm

that someone probably read it from IMDB which we have come to conclude is a bit of an unreliable source, we had a discussion about KARR being in the new film a while ago and low and behold it pops up on IMDB so its just a rumour, not impossible but if they did get KARR back that would be for the third time, not very original ! and ive got no idea which part of 2003 it comes out in, hopefully January [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

scott

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:38 pm

They are looking at 2003-2004, and to be deadly honest, I would rather them take their time in getting it done, rather than end up with a pile of hokey crap that is not very well done, so we are probably looking at late 2003 at the earliest.

As for KARR, Newcastle is right. In fact, the IMDB seems to have a real love for holding on to its incorrect information. I already wrote to them and pointed them to the new articles, and they ignored it, except for suddenly taking off the "TV Movie" tag, as well as the release date of 2002, they changed it to 2003. As of present, from what the reports we have heard, nothing has been confirmed on storyline or casting, Larson is still writing out the script, so...no KARR as of yet.

knightimmortal

Karrs_Shadow
Volunteer

Post by Karrs_Shadow » Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:45 pm

I hope they may, possibly, could, whatever...bring KARR back. But instead of him getting blown up for being bad again, do something on the lines of Knight Rider Legends. BTW: Whatever happened to Legends? Its url doesn't work anymore.....

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:32 pm

Just the fact their is a movie coming out doesn't replace the feeling of nostaligia in watching the old episodes.

The movie is a double edged sword. Either every episode will get released on DVD and VHS and demand will go through the roof or it could be a big flop and the concept is never approaced again.

Richie http://www.knightriderlegacy.com

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:51 pm

I would like to see the movie. It should be awesome. As much as I would like to see it, I agree with knightimmortall. I would like to see them take their time and do it right so it isn't a flop.

Nick

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:59 pm

$8.00? $10.00?

Gee...the theatre nearest me only charges $3.75. And, that's at 8 p.m., too.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:41 pm

Where I live, its $4.75 in the day and the evening is $7.75.

jup, you are very lucky

Nick

M!5
Volunteer

Post by M!5 » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:45 am

[Edit: Oh, look. There's a second page that makes my reply hideously out of place. I wish I'd noticed that before I posted.]

M

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: M!5 ]

Elley McGuinn
Volunteer

Post by Elley McGuinn » Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:44 am

Anyone know if KITT will have the same voice??? It wouldn't be the same Kitt without it. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Apr 15, 2002 10:34 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hellkatt:
<STRONG>Anyone know if KITT will have the same voice??? It wouldn't be the same Kitt without it. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're all in a "holding patern" over the answer to that and other such questions, at the moment.

When the facts for questions such as that come out, be assured that this board will probably be amongst the first places for the answers to show up at.

Elley McGuinn
Volunteer

Post by Elley McGuinn » Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:06 pm

Okay, pop quiz. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (just for fun)
1. Name all intelligent vehicles in the origional KR series and what each name stands for?
2. What was Michael's origional name and occupation and how did he become part of the team?
3. Who was Michael's main/origional nemesis?
(For those of you who own a copy of the series, no cheating. You have to remember these.)
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: Hellkatt ]

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:18 am

KITT, Knight Industries Two Thousand. KARR, Knight Automated Roving Robot.

Michael Arthur Long, who was shot in the face and left for dead by Tanya Walker. Michael had been watch by Wilton Knight, who had him patched up, and restructured his face to look like Garthe, which Michael was unaware of till later.

Michael's "original" nemesis was Tanya, but later he and KITT had larger rivals, like Garthe/Goliath, and KARR, mainly.

*Yawns*...that was relaxing

Darknight

Elley McGuinn
Volunteer

Post by Elley McGuinn » Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:15 am

Okay. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Just seeing who's awake. **giggle**
Q? If memory serves, I thought "Goliath" was an intelligent 18 wheeler and Garthe was his/its builder/programer/driver (till he was killed and Goliath went on a rampage). Just checking. I remembered everything else except Michael's middle name. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks for that.
Heres another one.
Does anyone remember Michael's and KITT's initial reaction to each other? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] hehehe [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: Hellkatt ]

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:59 am

I think you might have part of that mixed with some other plot. Goliath is never shown to have any real intelligence except some strange groan/growl-like noise which he makes at times.

Darknight

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Apr 18, 2002 12:52 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hellkatt:
<STRONG>Okay. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Just seeing who's awake. **giggle**
Q? If memory serves, I thought "Goliath" was an intelligent 18 wheeler and Garthe was his/its builder/programer/driver (till he was killed and Goliath went on a rampage). Just checking. I remembered everything else except Michael's middle name. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks for that.
Heres another one.
Does anyone remember Michael's and KITT's initial reaction to each other? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] hehehe [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ April 17, 2002: Message edited by: Hellkatt ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a bit of a hint, most of us around here pretty much know which turbo boosts went wrong and which ones were right, so things like this are like appetizers.

Michael's initial reaction to KITT was shock, distrust, and dislike. KITT had no real reaction other than trying to show off.

And Darknight is right, Goliath had no intelligence except for the psycho behind the wheel.

knightimmortal

Elley McGuinn
Volunteer

Post by Elley McGuinn » Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:20 pm

Okay, so memory doesn't serve. It's been a while since I saw the series so some details are a bit fuzzy. (like the Garthe/Goliath thing) I'm glad their doing a theatrical release, though. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the storyline. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm patient (not realy, **giggle**).

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:50 pm

<STRONG>If memory serves, I thought "Goliath" was an intelligent 18 wheeler and Garthe was his/its builder/programer/driver (till he was killed and Goliath went on a rampage).
Hellkatt</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While that wasn't an episode plot, (though, it could have come out looking like that after feeding three or four KR scripts into a blender...) there may have been as many as a dozen fan fictions that could have used such a plot...Maybe, you read one of them.

===

OK...Here's an easy trivia question...

What mistaken name does Kitt call the kid he befriends in Lost Knight?

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:05 pm

Oh oh! (raises hand) Elliot.

Cheri

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:01 pm

I think perhaps some of the confusion perhaps came from the way Kitt referred to Goliath a few times. It was as if Kitt felt that Goliath himself was evil, instead of Garthe. Kitt never comes out and really says this, but there's a bit of an implication as he repeatedly refers to Goliath as "that Behemoth", etc...

Darknight

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:27 pm

I have a sneaky suspicion that if KITT were shot at with a high powered machine gun with MBS-penetrating bullets, he'd be mouthing off with hurt feelings at the very sight of that gun after the first meeting, too. Kitt was mocking Goliath, because it damaged Kitt both physically and mentally. Much the same way a kid who just got picked on might mock the site of the bully from that point on.

On another note, has anyone ever been able to explain why that truck "roared"?

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: jup ]

Elley McGuinn
Volunteer

Post by Elley McGuinn » Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:17 am

You mean that dying t-rex/scraping twisted metal noise? I think it had something to do with the air flow through the engine... maybe...

Elley McGuinn
Volunteer

Post by Elley McGuinn » Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:23 am

You know what would seriously screw with KITT???
Someone actually builds a sentient Goliath with Garthe's personality (and he actually starts talking to KITT while he's trying to kill them both).
EEEEEEKK!!!!

[ April 19, 2002: Message edited by: Hellkatt ]

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Knight Rider movie on fast track

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:12 am

Daily Variety reported that the Knight Rider movie was on the "fast track". Some people on the board were worried that meant the production would be rushed. That's probably not true. A fast track movie is typically one that doesn't sit around for 6 months waiting for budget approvals. Instead, some big studio head yells "Go!" and cuts through all the red tape so the movie can get made quickly. It's the paper work that gets rushed, not the filming.

If xXx does well (which it should), Revolution may want to try launching another big action movie next August. It's possible to get KR in by then, but it might be pushing it a bit.

Still too soon to tell.

Mike