Question about the Knight Rider Movie

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightrider_ni
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider movie on fast track

Post by knightrider_ni » Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:45 am

maybe they'll rush ahead with xXx part two or another completely different project first. i'm hoping that (even though i haven't seen xXx yet) they don't rush ahead a sequel for that quite yet, but instead leave it for a while. the industry is chock-a-block with rushed sequels which either end up as complete copies of the original, or just plain pants! let's hope the production company with the rights to our beloved show aren't the same. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:18 am

OK, I finally have to ask:

If something is "pants", is that good or bad?! I never quite understand what that means!

Mike
(the naive American)

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:04 am

"pants" is english slang for rubbish, bad, of bad quality....as in, in my opinion KR2010 is pants [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:44 pm

and in my opinion underwear are pants, trousers are not! (ok, different meaning [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img])

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

KR/TKRmovie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:05 am

Does anybody think it would be stupid to bring some of the TKR people onto the New KR movie whenever the movie comes out? I understand that Star Trek Nemesis brought Picard and Janeway together in a scene

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

KR/TKRmovie

Post by K.I.T.T » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:53 am

Thinking into this one a little deeply, i realized that something could come of the movie if they did, And possibly make into a series...i guess it would depend if they want to put KR and TKR into the same category which i can't comment on because i have never seen an episode of TKR. But i see KR as Michael and KITT one MAN and his CAR making a difference..but if you think about it, it could be a interesting lead off with KR and TKR working together or even a good source for a second series of TKR. Still its my opinion of course and i wouldent really want them to do it, but thought i would share my thoughts lol

K.I.T.T

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

KR/TKRmovie

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:16 pm

It would be remarkably stupid to even acknowledge TKR in the new movie.

One: They used whatever was convenient of what they could from the original KR, therefore making it a slightly disjointed package, that may have been cleared up in the second season, but it never got there, so it's a moot point.

Two: They were too larger than life, and ditched the original concepts of the original show, it lost the magic.

Three: I wouldn't recommend that they would follow KR2K, either, for similar reasonings. The only area where I would recommend using KR2K is in explaining the death of Devon, but otherwise, the movie was pushing it, even though it did it a whole lot less than TKR did.

knightimmortal
(who is not afraid of the TKR lynch mob)

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

KR/TKRmovie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:21 pm

I see your point KI!

David Whiteheart
Operative

KR/TKRmovie

Post by David Whiteheart » Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>It would be remarkably stupid to even acknowledge TKR in the new movie.

One: They used whatever was convenient of what they could from the original KR, therefore making it a slightly disjointed package, that may have been cleared up in the second season, but it never got there, so it's a moot point.

Two: They were too larger than life, and ditched the original concepts of the original show, it lost the magic.

Three: I wouldn't recommend that they would follow KR2K, either, for similar reasonings. The only area where I would recommend using KR2K is in explaining the death of Devon, but otherwise, the movie was pushing it, even though it did it a whole lot less than TKR did.

knightimmortal
(who is not afraid of the TKR lynch mob)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do agree with most of your points, but IT could possibly bring some closure to TKR instead of the cliffhanger that we had.

Dave

[ September 21, 2002: Message edited by: David Whiteheart ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

KR/TKRmovie

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:38 pm

I think we would much rather have closure to the original series that had a lot larger following, and a lot longer run than TKR which ended up choking out.

knightimmortal

rusti_knight
Operative

KR/TKRmovie

Post by rusti_knight » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:44 pm

*idly chews on knightimmortal's ankles just because she can and is pretty sure it won't be taken personally* You're not afraid of the TKR lynch mob eh? We'll see about that, missy. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

To be honest, if the TKR concept went to any sort of movie, it would probably be best if they didn't try to mix it with Kitt and Michael (Yes, TKR is KR, as far as I see it). I really don't think the mixture works that well beyond fanfiction.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a character like Beast or a partnership like Beast and Duke's (Who, believe it or not, were remarkably like Kitt and Michael, except Beast was less inclined to openly/readily admit that he liked Duke) used in a movie. Maybe I ought to write that screenplay.

Rusti

IceKnight
Rookie

KR/TKRmovie

Post by IceKnight » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:27 pm

I think that, if any part of TKR made the movie, that the ONLY aspect would be to introduce KRO, and have to reactivate KITT because of the evil turn KRO takes. seeing as how KRO was only touched upon in one (or two, I can't remember if it was a two part episode), they can tackle the storyline of how his driver went mentally insane, and then have KITT reactivated, along with Michael leading the foundation and handing orders to a new driver or task force. Its a long shot, but its the only angle worth pursuing.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

KR/TKRmovie

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rusti_knight:
<STRONG>*idly chews on knightimmortal's ankles just because she can and is pretty sure it won't be taken personally* You're not afraid of the TKR lynch mob eh? We'll see about that, missy. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Rusti</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yipe! *runs and hides, holds voodoo doll* I forgot that the TKR lynch mob chews. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

li
Volunteer

KR/TKRmovie

Post by li » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:45 am

I don't know, It's just my opinion but there is something about tkr that doesn't generate credibility. I don't know if it's those weapons, or shallow dialogues but for some reason it's easier for me to take KR seriously as an action series. TKR seems to me like a pathatic substitude that us fans would have to settle for until the real stough comes back.
I don't want to upset any TKR fans out there,
so I stress that this is just my opinion

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:10 pm

Who here would like to see David Hasselhoff be the main star of the new film. I know we dont know what there really planning to do, but i myself feel that for it to truly be Knight Rider, he must be the star, just like William Daniels is set to do Kitt's voice.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:13 pm

Heh, i think we all here would, or at least the majority of us. Knight Rider just wouldnt be the same without David. The only thing that has been confirmed so far is that David will be have "an on screen role", whatever that means, hehehe.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:19 pm

Yeah i've read that too, and thats kinda what worries me. An on screen role. It sort of implies a cameo type appearence, at least to me anyway.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:20 pm

Knight Rider would not be Knight Rider without David as Michael Knight.
I cross my fingers David gets the role!!!!

K.I.T.T

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:48 pm

It's implied the same thing to us before (the cameo-type appearance.) The most likely scenario is that he will be back as Michael Knight, but could be handing it off to a new generation to carry on the legacy, potentially with Michael doing Devon's part. Which, with Hasselhoff's increasing age, may not be such a bad thing.

knightimmortal

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:05 pm

Hmmm, good point KI at times i forget just how old David is, but i still think the film should be about Michael and Kitt, just like they were in the TV series. I cant see Knight Rider as anything other than how it was. I keep hoping they'll do a period film, set in the 80's coz then they can keep Kitt as an 82 Trans Am, and use some of the old classic muscle cars, which would be different to other car films that have been recently released, much Like Batman Forever had alot of Fifties type cars going arround Gotham City.

[ October 18, 2002: Message edited by: Matthew ]

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:07 pm

Michael doing Devon's part...now if he would have the same accent. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Digitalmovment
Volunteer

Post by Digitalmovment » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:08 pm

Personally I would like to see David as a role model for the new star. It would be kinda kewl for him and KITT to be in on the climactic end in the movie though. You know just to prove there is only 1 team.

KARR

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:18 pm

If I may be so bold to point out something, They HAVE tried to do Knight Rider WITHOUT Michael, (well sorta on the Movie) but TKR (Team Knight Rider) didn't fare very well.

I didn't think the movie was very good at all, even though Michael was in it. The point that comes back at me so often, is KITT was dismantled and sold for parts. (ICK- the HORROR of it!) First off, I don't think MICHAEL would let that happen. EVEN IF he walked away, I'm pretty sure he would keep tabs on his buddy and put a MAJOR stop into anyone trying to tear the car apart. (would you sit by and LET someone disect YOUR best friend?? Remember the look on his face in "Junkyard Dog" when the car came out of the acid pit? He was definately upset about KITT's fate!)

Secondly, we find out that MICHAEL has the knowledge to put KITT into his own car!?!?! What's up with THAT? It took the whole TEAM to rebuild KITT in "Junkyard Dog" and it was no piece of cake in "Knight of the Juggernaut" either. Suddenly Michael has the knowledge (alone no Bonnie or April to help) to install the most knowledgable computer in the world??

Was he really fishing in his time off, or taking (K)Night Courses (couldn't resist the pun)in computer programming, installation and design??

So if this new movie is to be worth anything at all, it not only has to STAR David as MICHAEL KNIGHT, it has to have the BLACK Trans-Am as KITT (supplied by William Daniels of course- there is no other) and it has to make up for that tragedy of a first movie. He can hand off the reigns, train a younger person, or what have you, but the movie HAS to be about Michael and Kitt or else it will FLOP big time.

Think about it, would you really race to see it if Michael has a maybe 15-20 min bit part and the car isn't KITT?? Knight Rider is Knight Rider only because of the chemistry between THE MAN and HIS CAR. (It would help if Bonnie made an appearance). If they have to use the RED Car (whatever it was again, a Viper methinks?) for KITT, I'll let that slide. But without Michael and Kitt together, the movie probably will fail.

Just my $.02 worth.. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:33 pm

Actually, the red car was a Dodge Stealth fitted to look like a Pontiac Banshee car, and that is the one thing that I would have a major kitten over.

Personally, what I would like to see is sure, Michael training the new blood to take over the next generation, to make sure that Wilton's dream continues on. William Daniels has supposedly already rumored to have signed on (See our FAQ and KR News sections for more), but I don't want them to reinvent KR the way that they did in KR2K, TKR and (forgive me for saying it) KR2010. Yes, it is in fact about the man and the car, but the man is getting up there, and if there is any hope for sequels, he needs to be put in a mentorship part. That is what I hated about KR2K, was the fact that they tried to reinvent it. And it didn't do too well. (And the tomato mobile was insult to injury)

knightimmortal

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:35 am

I didn't hate the Knight 4000. What I hated was Kitt being dismantled. Kitt should have been given to Michael if no longer needed. Afterall Kitt was designed to protect Michael and nobody else. Need proof here it is Devon and Michaels discussion during Knight of the Phoenix episode on the subject word for word. ("You mean this car can just take off go for gas or a carwash just like that Huh?") ("U Huh.") ("That would be terrific if I happened to be working under it.") (" Oh it wouldn't harm you I assure you its primary function is the preservation of human life, your life.") ("By me you mean anybody driving this thing.") ("No No No I mean you, you specifically, You Michael Arthur Long")