Question about the Knight Rider Movie

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Darknight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Darknight » Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:57 am

I agree completely. Joe Viewer won't miss either KR2K or TKR the slightest bit in a big production movie. Chances are that most don't even remember anything but the original, if any. 3 for 3 so far on this topic it appears.

DK

P.S. Oops, make that 4 for 4. Somebody posted whilst I typed my reply.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:26 am

I agree ignore KR2000 and TKR. Now if the movie is successful and starts a huge franchise like Star Trek I wouldn't mind KR2000 and TKR being continued as their own series. Such as.......

Star Trek The Next Generation
Star Trek Deep Space Nine
Star Trek Voyager
and Enterprise.

But as many of you said the last time I brought this up. Im getting a little ahead of myself. So who knows.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:26 pm

I would like them to go a little from KR2000, as for TKR, i cannot comment coz i aint seen it.

K.I.T.T

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:29 pm

i agree with KI..

certain parts of KR200 be acknowledged. specifically, devon dying. that would explain him not being there in the movie.

ask for TKR, i don't think that should even be looked at like it even existed. i.e. it never happened.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheFastOne
Volunteer

Post by TheFastOne » Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:26 pm

Devon Died? :cry:

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:04 am

Yes, Devon died. So did the actor that played him.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:02 am

Devon also had past away in the TKR storyline. When Jenny and Kyle were walking around the field investigating the wreckage of the plane crash for Marlin Industries Jenny said "The late Devon Miles".

TheFastOne
Volunteer

Post by TheFastOne » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:24 am

:( I guess that's why they don't give new knight rider episodes :!:

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:12 pm

Actually, the reason why there is no new KR episodes, is because the show went off the air in 1986, because it's ratings had slipped, and NBC had pulled the plug. Had nothing to do with the passing of Edward Mulhare or Devon Miles.

(and as for him being gone in TKR, at least in KR2K, we got the good dramatic death scene, that is what we are talking about acknowledging, he died the way Devon should have died, fighting the good fight.)

KI

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:15 pm

I have a feeling that there is very little chance of too much conflict, making the need for mentioning KR2000/KR2010/TKR practically un-necessary, aside from possible historic events for Michael, KITT and Devon.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

What direction should the KR movie take?

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:59 pm

Just curious where everyone stands on this.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:32 pm

I kind of thought the Knight 4000 was responsible for Devon's death in KR2000. Wouldn't Kitt have picked up on hs scanners when Devon was knocked out? I always thought so.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:37 pm

I don't quite think that the K4000 could have done anything about it. Maddock was taking the car back to the warehouse, and Devon was on the other side. They made sure the K4000 was out of the way when they ambushed Devon.

KI

SWerni
Rookie

Post by SWerni » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:54 am

I think it would be great, when the Story continues...

I thought over and over about a remake but how will KR be with an other Michael Knight or an other Devon.... NOOOOO I don´t like this thougts... so they should continue the Series

Yours Sandra 8)

Karl Siniak
Recruit

Post by Karl Siniak » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:40 pm

I would like it to be a continuation, but from Knight Rider 2000. I think they should keep the concepts of devon's death and the black kitt being dismantled (that could cause some hunour from kitt remembering it), but obviously get rid of the red car and build a new one. I'd like to see the red car somewhere in the film, even if it doesn't move,lets say in the beginning it is destroyed, or even if it is only in the opening credits. Obviously I'm not sure about Maddock and Shawn, coz they can make a gap in time since Kr 2000 and the new movie, Shawn could've left and Dan Paris or whoever took over the job. Maddock could've been killed or just i dunno, something happened to him, lol

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:07 pm

I don't know about extending the KR 2000 storyline. Because the world of KR 2000 didn't really paralell our own year 2000. It's like those old sci fi flicks you see on late nite TV. Guys in rocket ships exploring space in the 24th century, then you see a guy walk by with a Brooklyn Dodgers cap on. To continue the world of KR 2000 wouldn't really feel right. I mean don't get me wrong, I was looking forward to President Quale sending me to fight in Operation: Rainforest Storm, but it just seems hokey now. The original series was way more believable.

Karl Siniak
Recruit

Post by Karl Siniak » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:13 pm

Yeah i agree with that, but i think they should still stick with what happened to devon and the knight 2000. everything else doesnt really matter, but those were key events.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:19 pm

Yeah, because with Edward Mulhare being dead, and most states classifying the 82 T/A a classic, Cali does :D , they need to find a way to incorporate those facts into the movie. KR 2000 does it very neat and clean. And as hot as I thought Shaun was at the time, her and Maddox don't need to be in the new film. Maybe just a cameo apperance to make all the 'hard cores' say "hey..." and point at the screen :P .

Denvor
Volunteer

Post by Denvor » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:22 am

i rekon i wood be good 2 see Mike take on a new breed of criminals like the triads or even terrorists, they wood be worthy oppnents and are topics that new fans can relate 2 :!: i woood like 2 see it based around the original 2 it wood make it leess appealing 2 newwer audiances ( who don=t no the originals) 8)

zerofreeze
Volunteer

New KR Movie...IDEAS?

Post by zerofreeze » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:03 pm

I think for this to be a successful franchise once again David really needs to concentrate on bringing back elements of the original series. Possibly even pulling a story from the old series and evolving a plot for the movie from it (talk to Harve Bennett, Nicholas Meyer, or John Logan about this). I would like to see a new decked-out sleek looking KITT voiced by William Daniels, Michael Knight returning to FFLAG plus actually being a major part of the movie, and going with the idea of bringing back Devon in holographic form. In my opinion I would like to see a plot or subplot involving KARR (a Nemesis for KITT), return stories with an arch-enemy almost always prove to make it a good movie. While Garth and Goliath are good enemies two David's in one movie and a non-talking semi are rather dull. And to appeal to the younger generation have a 'intern' type character subplot with lots of gadgets, stunts, and explosions. As long as Celion Dion and Michael Bolton don't do the soundtrack you might have a good movie. There you have it. Just my idea for a good movie.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:23 pm

Thanks for that insight.

You might be the only one really going to that movie, with maybe a few other die hard fans, which would not make for a successful movie, but once again, thank you for the opinion.

KI

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:12 am

I'd be happy with it, if it had explanations. That was mymain problem with TKR and KR2k, they left too many holes, and too many questions.

Though some of it might of been explained in season two if TKR had had one. :roll:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:53 am

I actually thought that was one the good things about TKR: not everything was handed to us in the 1st episode. Over the course of an entire season, those holes were slowly being filled in. Maybe they should have sped things up a bit, but I like they way they sprinkled little facts throughout many of the episodes.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:01 am

Remember, ST:TNG started the same way. As the series progressed more of a link to TOS started to form. I think TKR didn't get a fair shake. Season 2 could have really rocked. Oh well, guess we will never know who that guy who was always lurking in the shadows was. I think it was Garth! Could even have been Devon in some bizare plot twist. He was rather interested in Kitt in the show's finale! And is it just me, or was there a staue of Devon in front of the federal FLAG building in one of the episodes?

TT Snim
Operative

Post by TT Snim » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:10 am

I'm sorry, guys, but in all honesty I thought TKR was "power rangers" on wheels. Thought so then and I thought so now. But the fandom rocks. Guess it can only be as good as the writers...
Also I didn't like STTNG, with the exception of Data and Q. But when Data got "Emotions" it just ruined the whole thing. I thonk Data should have "Evolved" emotions over time like Kitt did.

Hay... ever notice Kitt and Karr was like Data and Lore? Get them all in a story and you have some fine kibbels!