KR and TS2

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Vchat20
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR and TS2

Post by Vchat20 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:23 am

Since The Sims 2 Is In Development and many people have talked about Kr stuff for The Sims before, I'm wondering if anyone has any plans to add any Kr items to The Sims 2 like skins, objects, etc.. considering The Sims 2 now allows for fully customizable facial features from eye shape and eye distance to nose bridge width and many many more, i can see a lifelike Michael Knight being made along with many other famous characters from the series. and if its allowed, i may get a KITT in game. but enough of my ideas, plz post your plans. i am anxious to hear them.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:03 am

I am a big SIMS fan. I have every expansion pack there is. But I haven't played them in a while. I can't wait til the SIMS 2 comes out. I am bored with the ones I have.

That would be cool if they did a version where you could put in KR stuff. Like if they had pre-made characters of Michael, Devon, Bonnie, or April. And if there was a car of KITT. Suppose they had a map screen where you could actually transport your character around. Knowing the jobs and their descriptions in the actual version, suppose they did something like that where it's telling you what your mission is.

You start off with easy ones, then they move up becoming even more difficult. And knowing how you had to have a certain amount of friends to get promoted in the actual version, this requires you to find certain people who can give you information to carry out your adventure.

Just think about all the places you can go in a big city where there will be people walking around that you can talk to. But if it is something of KR, you would be looking for bad guys that you'd end up fighting. And you would have KITT perform functions to help you out.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:04 am

When I get it, Count me In! :D I love The Sims, and the 2nd game looks .... looks.... :o GOOD! Really good, great!

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:07 am

sorry to break the news, but i just now found out that you need Maya to create any scratch objects for ts2. so that means no KITT or KARR unless you have the major greenbacks to get the massive 3D rendering program. but skins are still very much possible. rest assured you'll see some Kr characters available. and to make it even more interesting, they are releasing the stand alone skin creation program, CaSIE, sometime in January so this can be done way ahead of time.

btw, not to boast, but ive already got the preorder of ts2 and am pacing just waiting for its release.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:11 am

Yes, the game has one heck of a create a sim mode, Making a Micheal Knight will be easy, Bonnie... No problem... Devon and his lovely house... Sure... OH! I will make a little lot, it can be the semi... :) Should Devon live there... I think so... LOL Oh god this is going to be fun! :lol:

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:14 am

so are you going to be able to create houses and all that stuff? I would love to see the flag mansion.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:20 am

ramon88us wrote:so are you going to be able to create houses and all that stuff? I would love to see the flag mansion.
:lol: You can do all that and more in the first... Do trust... The Sims 1 is a great game, you load it up with the exp. packs, dear me, its great.

But like Jorden Cole, I am loosing interest. I need The Sims 2 to bring it bacl, so many improve meets... So much to tell... So much good in the sims, I don't know where to start. When I was young I dreamed every night about the first one, until I had it in my hand... Oh that was a day to remember :)

Benjamin Knight

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:04 am

yeah. i must admit. the Sims series is a revolutionary game. its the first one of its kind and will probably stay as the only one of its kind. i just canmt wait for #2 though.

oh. oh. oh.!!! i got a perfect idea. an awesome ideA!!! a new feature they have in The Sims 2. instead of having staionary pictures and sounds on the tv sets, they now allow full motion video in form of avi files. so what i had in mind is to take a few episodes of knight rider either from dvd or some other source and allow your sims to watch knight rider at home. lol

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:46 am

They have that now in the TS2 :) You can buy a system and play video games too! Plus you can now make home videos in camera mode too! I love TS2 :) *drools* Must Have... lol ;)

Benjamin Knight

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:47 pm

Sounds like a neat game, look forward to your creations. A thought... Maya has a free Personal Learning Edition that allows you to create models, not sure if it lets you export them, but it may be an option to create some things...

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:55 pm

Milkshape will support the sims 2 exporter, as will gamespace. Both are cheap 3d modelers.

As Neil said there is the personal learning edition too.

I know you guys could careless about my two cents but I personally hate the sims. I take the success of the Sims "a sucky game" as proof that there is a God. How else but through divine intervention can a game so boring and so lacking in entertainment become the most successful game ever? Surely no rational human being would consider walking a Sim through the daily tasks of bowel movement, personal hygiene, and meal preparation AS FUN. I look upon The Sims' SEVEN expansions as proof that God hates me and will continue to punish me for the forseeable future. Allow me to draw some Biblical parallels. When God was angry with the Pharaoh of Egypt for enslaving the Israelites, he smote Egypt with a series of 9 plagues. If we consider The Sims a plague, and each of its seven expansions a further plague - which is the only sensible way to look at them, really - there's only one left to go and I call this cure The Sims 2. The end is in sight.

And EA, I hate those guys in general. EA's online service is a joke. They don't need to have a meeting about it. They don't have to try and figure it out, they know the fans are right. But no, they'll pay a consalton a million bucks to figure out what all the fans already know. Everything they've done online till now has been crap. The Sims Online, Motor City, Ultima Online, and ect. ect. They need MicroSoft's internet technology. They need it about as much as a druggie on the street corner needs crack. Hear me Microsoft? Just go BUY EA. Just go to the next e3 convention, walk up to there dumb@sses and tell them to imagine a number. The biggest number they can think of. Then write it on a check. God knows Microsoft has made worst investments....

Sorry about my rant, I just can't believe the dumbest game in history has become the most sucsessful.....ever. No really. It just blows my mind. I found out the hard way that seven sucky expansion packs can't make a sucky game not suck. Had it not been for my girl friend being retardly in love with this idiotic game of "life" I wouldn't have ever spent my hard earned money on it. I mean come on, after 3 years of expansion packs there have been no graphical enhancements to the engine. In the past 3 years, there have been many additions to gaming technology, bumpmapping, pixal shaders, vertext shaders, and all that other good stuff, not that it would help, it would just make a really shallow and dull game, a really shallow and dull pretty game. And the sound? 3 years and 7 expansion packs later and it still doesn't even have EAX enhanced sound. Damn it I'd like to listen to my Sims urinate with positional audio!!
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:05 am

i completely agree with you as far as sims 1 and its expansions are concerned. it got very boring after only a few hours of gameplay. but the sims 2 is much much better now. its like a total revamp of the original. and now the sims have much more lifelike personalities. say if someone starts a fight on one side of the room, one sim on another side of the room will actually look to see whats going on and may even go over to watch. stuff like that.

and dont even talk to me about the Simcity series. that was just as boring as all get out.

oh and did i mention The Sims Online? oh boy. that was a total flop. in the beginning i thought it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread. and for the most part it was. but what really stunk was the subscription fee and its lack of any decent expansion's

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:18 pm

God knows Microsoft has made worst investments....
*cough* RARE *cough*

I got the Sims 1 for a pack of smokes in the Army. It wasn't all that bad, but it didn't really keep me interested all that long.

I'm primarily a consule gamer so the Sims on the GCN and PS2 do not interest me in the least. I'll stick with PC one. In fact I just loaded it again with the hopes of downloading some unique skins and creating some of the characters from our favorite show.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:13 am

Army_F_Body wrote:
God knows Microsoft has made worst investments....
*cough* RARE *cough*
Hmmmm... MicroSoft and bad investments:

OSX OFFICE X
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnf ... 4_5582.htm < 20 reasons why it was a watse of time.

http://www.thestreet.com/tech/software/1261656.html

^
Here is a nice article on the poor investments Microsoft has made this year alone, causing its stock to drop nearly 54% which they blame on piracy and poor investments the company has made alone.

So to say its rare that Microsoft makes poor investments is rather false. Especially when the company currently fears extinction in 10 years.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:21 am

If you guys are saying TS is a waste of time... Its not.. Most populare game ever... Sold lots and lots and lots and lots of copies. check out. thesims.com

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:38 am

no msKen I wasn't saying it was a rare occurence for Micro$oft to make bad investments, I was saying that them buying the programing company RARE from Nintendo was a bad investment.

There was a reason Nintendo wanted to let them go. Grabbed by the Goulies anyone.

I totally agree with you msKen.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:51 am

Ahhh forgive me for my ignorance to detail. I totally forgot about Rare as in the software group. Hehe. Yeah I just don't get it, EA is in a hole right now, and basiclly MicroSoft could actaully save them in my opinion if they would just buy them out and combine technology. EA has got some great titles, and for the whole online gaming sucsess that MicroSoft is having right now would definitly save EA from death.

I wont even get started with Motor City Online. That was most likely my fav. game in the world and they killed it because it wasn't making enough money. The conceapt was amazing, get together with a bunch of REAL people, and hit the streets with REAL live opponets and race for cash and prizes. Everytime you wrecked your car or the paint got scratched you had the emotion like it was a real car because in MCO money was based around a real type of money system. You got a weekly paycheck that depended on your rank, which would allow you to fix up your car. So if you brooke a headlight, and you only had 20 bucks and it cost 30 bucks to fix it you ended up driving a POS car around until next weeks paycheck came in. I don't know the whole idea of an online world made up of real people showing off there cars was totally awesome. Hehe and I owned 5 firebirds and 2 Trans-Am's before they killed it months ago. What did EA do to make up for it? They sent me a free copy of the sims online. :roll:

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:54 am

yeah. even though i never got a chance to even try MCO, it really looked like an awesome game considering im a fan of driving and racing games. why coultdnt they do something like downgrade the server 's or something or limit the number of simultaneous online players allowed. just a bad choice if you ask me.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:55 am

The sims online... Well TSO is hot as good as The Sims really... It lacked the expansions... It was a good idea. But you have to pay bucks per month to log on... and well... I really thing I had great potental.

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:59 am

yeah benjamin. i agrre 100%. i thought it had alot of potential. thats why i got majorly interested back in the summer of '02 and stayed on as a big fan till release. but it lacked any expandability and the biweekly patches only prolonged its lifespan so much. not to mention the amounts of downtimes and bugs i have seen in it. and the monthly subscripton was my #1 reason for leaving. and thanks to them revoking the 14 day trials not to long ago i have no way to atleast go in and see whats new. to me i dont see it going any father than 2004.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:03 am

Well do the math as well. It was 10 bucks a month. Which come one I spend more then that a week on soda alone, so it wasn't that big of a deal for me, but anyway they had roughly 20,000 users. Thats $200,000 a month. Or 1.2 million every 6 months. Now they claim this wasn't enough money to develop and get liceanses for new cars, maintain the servers, get new parts and ect. Ok I can almost believe that, but I don't see why they had to just kill the servers. Or they could have at least released a single player patch that allowed you to play over lan with your buddies. The game was just truely awesome for motor heads and motor head wanna be's like myself.

I'm not trying to turn this into a MCO vs TS thread so I will drop this. lol. I just find vehical simulation far more interesting then making a virtual person take a crap, or make dinner for other virtual people. Again just my opinions which last time I checked I was entitled to just the same as you guys who think this game is the coolest thing since tube socks. ;)

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:06 am

no, i dont see it as a TS vs MCO thread. as a matter of fact i dnt mind talk about it. only reason why MCO came up was because EA made both games.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:07 pm

Well... I know The Sims sold over 1 billion copies... But The Sims Online was always in its shadow... But, I would like to give it a bit more of a try.

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:12 pm

Thats because they charge money

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:08 pm

I try to avoid online PC games that charge money. I think some of the fees they charge are pretty steep when you consider the price you are paying for the game and your monthly browser charges.

This is why I avoid consule online gaming like the plague. I tried PSO when it was on the dreamcast using the free browser trial that it came with and the free trial for PSO. It was fun, but I was quickly killed by another player who had obiviously invested way more time into his character than I had. When I realised how much Sega wanted to charge once the trial expired I went back to the offline PSO.

Now with the next gen consules (who pretty much only support broadband) you have a lot more costs involved (consule adapater, browser service, boradband service,modem, routers, bridges, games, etc.) It's a cash crop that is for sure.