Michael Longs body

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Amir
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Michael Longs body

Post by Amir » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:04 am

Just something that came up in my mind today, may have been discussed here before.

I remember that in Knight of the Phoenix, Devon mentioned that they stole a body to place it instead of Michael's, so people would think he's dead. Following that line of logic... That body would have been buried as Michael Long.

So why is the coffin empty when Cameron Zachary's men open it two years later?
Last edited by Amir on Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:53 am

Seeing Knight of the Phoenix twice this year and the last time being just a little more than a month ago, I don't recall either time Devon saying anything about a body being stolen to use for Michael Long. Unless Sci-Fi just cut that part out. I thought they just left the car in the desert so that way it would be obvious something happened to police officer Long and he wasn't going to turn up.

The coffin is empty because Long's body was never found. They just presumed him dead. In Knightmares, Devon shows Michael a newspaper saying police officer Long disappeared and was never found. That was just to show there was no trace of Michael Long and that he was now an agent only the Foundation knew about.

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:02 pm

I do believe the part where Devon talks to Wilton about the body has been cut. I haven't seen it before I got the original episode, as the previous copies I had from US TV did not include that scene.

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:41 pm

Maybe they couldn't find a body matching long's descrtption or somthing.
Knight Industries Defence One

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:02 pm

kido wrote:Maybe they couldn't find a body matching long's descrtption or somthing.
Maybe they just decided no one would remember anyway :lol:

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:49 pm

There's a line in the script where Devon refers to people from Knight Industries having stolen a cadaver from a med school and left it in front of Michael Long's car in the desert.

As I've never seen the pilot episode uncut, I don't know if it made it to screen or not.

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:19 pm

JL wrote:There's a line in the script where Devon refers to people from Knight Industries having stolen a cadaver from a med school and left it in front of Michael Long's car in the desert.

As I've never seen the pilot episode uncut, I don't know if it made it to screen or not.
Well it definately did. I never read the script yet I know it was there.

Oh well, another KR goof.

Cougar
Rookie

Post by Cougar » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:52 pm

Would an agency like FLAG really go and steal someone elses dead body?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:10 pm

A cadaver, yes. They would do what needs to be done. Remember, this is the same agency that basically gave new life and gave birth to Michael himself, out of thin air. They also created AI. A little thing like body replacement is not beyond them.

KI

knight productions
Stranger

Post by knight productions » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:09 am

I Believe the line devon said was "Breaking into the city morgue and stealing a body hardly seems like playing by the rules" to which Wilton replies" I make my own rules, you know that. The Government fake deaths all the time, this is no different".

Which definately sudjests that they have stolen a body to replace Michaels thus covering up the fact that he is still alive. Its always been in the episodes that ive seen over here in the UK and it was last on about 3 weeks ago and it was in their too. I know someone who has the pilot on DVD so i'll ask them if its on their.

Rob

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:38 am

Well, I feel like it would make more sense if Michael Long's body was retrieved by the helicopter and that they just left the car out in the desert to help make it look like the police officer was missing in action. I thought in episode Knightmares that when Devon shows amnesiac Michael the newspaper to prove he is not who he thinks he is, the headline said that Lt. Long disappeared and the body was never found. They just presumed him dead when his car was found abandoned.

The first time I saw the pilot, I thought both Michael and the car were taken. Therefore, surgery is done on Michael and the engineers do work on the car. That way Tanya Walker and her evil crew can be made to see what they left out in the desert has come back to get them looking better than before. But I found out in later episodes that the Trans-Am and KITT are two different vehicles. It just seems like a regular car has been made into a supercar in the pilot.

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:02 am

MKnightRider82 wrote:Well, I feel like it would make more sense if Michael Long's body was retrieved by the helicopter and that they just left the car out in the desert to help make it look like the police officer was missing in action. I thought in episode Knightmares that when Devon shows amnesiac Michael the newspaper to prove he is not who he thinks he is, the headline said that Lt. Long disappeared and the body was never found. They just presumed him dead when his car was found abandoned.
If that was the case, why was there ever a grave?

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:43 am

Because everyone thinks he's dead and set it up to look that way. The body was never found, so they just put up a funeral for Michael Long. The men didn't find anything when Cameron Zachary found out he was still alive.

Cougar
Rookie

Post by Cougar » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:41 pm

None of this is making sense. If they DID steal a body, why didn't they bury it? Therefroe Zachary would have found the body. BUT all the newspapers say Long dissapered. So everyone should have known that it was an empty coffin.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:29 pm

It's bad continuity, basically. There's no real way to explain it.

KI

Kirin
Recruit

Post by Kirin » Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:39 pm

knightimmortal wrote:It's bad continuity, basically. There's no real way to explain it.

KI
Definately.

This is all just terrible continuity. In the pilot episode, there isn't even a mention of a Cameron Zachary or him ordering a hit on Michael Long. Tanya killed him out in the desert just to cover her own rear end.

When I saw this episode I was always like, "Huh? Cameron who? Ferris Beuller's friend ordered a hit on Michael?". The writers simply paid no attention to previous continuity. And in the pilot, it does seem as if Long's car is taken and transformed into KITT. I found it too much of a coincedence that KITT happened to look just like his previous car. By the way, how many police officers could afford a shiny brand new Trans Am in 1982?

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:20 pm

I figured there was no mention of a Cameron Zachary in the pilot. I was wondering where they dug him up in KNIGHT IN DISGRACE. I kept looking out for him the second time I saw KNIGHT OF THE PHOENIX, and I found out that guy Tanya Walker was fooling around with was not him. I never heard anything about Wilton & Devon finding a corpse to serve as Michael Long for his funeral. I know that was cut out, but it doesn't make sense when Zachary's men find nothing in Long's grave. I think it is more logical to say that Wilton's men retrieved Long's body and just left the car out so everyone would think he was dead.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:08 pm

[quote="Kirin"} By the way, how many police officers could afford a shiny brand new Trans Am in 1982?[/quote]

One of the reasons why Trans Ams were so popular is that they were pretty inexpensive as far as sports cars went. Sort of a "poor man's Corvette". I don't think it's that odd that Michael Long had one. Besides, he was a lieutenant, which would have given him a decent salary.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com