Fully Functional KITT Replica On ebay!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Fully Functional KITT Replica On ebay!

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:00 am

Here's your chance to own KITT! Comeplete with scanner and first season dash. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2446795651

I'd buy it, but I don't want the first season dash. But its very nice.

Dome
Rookie

Post by Dome » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:13 am

looks very nice,

but the break pedal is a fake :D :D

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:21 am

Thats not the only thing that looks wrong. The top two images of the dash are completely different to each other. The one on the left looks good but the dash on the right looks like a cheap knock-off production.

Also, the nose looks un-painted.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:42 am

Just off the top of my head, the foglamps are missing from the nose, there's no blackout panel on the taillights, and that dash is, well, off. Plus, what's up with all the red buttons on the overhead console? :?:

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:57 am

sarfraz wrote:Thats not the only thing that looks wrong. The top two images of the dash are completely different to each other. The one on the left looks good but the dash on the right looks like a cheap knock-off production.

Also, the nose looks un-painted.

Sarfraz
And continue to look at the stearing wheel... one of the Knight icons is painted the other isn't.

Look at the gear shifter. I think I can see a stick shift "sock" for manual and the other you don't see the sock on the automatic shifter.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:39 pm

The dash picture to the left is one of the studio dashes. I have seen pictures of this dash before. It is one of the cars that toured around in the past. They just used it for thier auction.

The rest is the old Lousell style dash and electronics and the nose is a Mark the Shark knock off.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

KnightRider2000
Operative

DON'T EVEN TOUCH THAT CAR!!!

Post by KnightRider2000 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:41 pm

The dash is so inaccurate the lights on the side of the voice displacy are inaccurate so is, the finish, tv screen color, vertical lines going down on the dash and so on. Aslo there are two complete different pictures of the dash. It also has a leather interoir (comfortable and luxaroius, but not true too the TV show) THE THING THAT BOTHERERS ME IS NO GLOSS ON THE DASH. It looks like a cheap prop from Universal. If you want a great replica go to http://www.markscustomkits.com. You can buy a restored exterior model for about $10,000 and you can buy the whole interior for about $15,000 (provided you install it yourself). And if you have a pretty penny, you can buy a fully funtional KITT with the works, for $40,000 (inlclude tax and shipping and handleing). I have visited the shop and have even sat in the cars. The prices might be a little steep but the quality is fantastic. You can get ANY dash (1 or 2 tv) no matter what season or feature, they have it. Don't even touch that ebay car! Thankyou for telling us about it, it's nice to know that we have members who can keep up on this stuff. A word of advice: Consult the webmaster of this site or some respected members if you were going to buy it.

-KnightRider2000

EBAY KITT

MARK's KITT
Image[/img]

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:52 pm

I would want a third season deash or better on my KITT, but that dash is sweet :)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:53 pm

The only thing I can say in defense of the eBay KITT is that if the price stays around $7,000, you might still be getting an OK deal. It may not be a great replica, but it's still a unique car at a relatively low price.

KnightRider2000, tell us about your trip to Marks Custom Kits! What brought you out there? Any interesting details?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KnightRider2000
Operative

1 TV Dash

Post by KnightRider2000 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:29 pm

So you wanna 1 TV dash? Here's another Mark's Custom Kits replica, this time the 1 TV dash:

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Re: DON'T EVEN TOUCH THAT CAR!!!

Post by knightdriver » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:30 pm

[quote="KnightRider2000"]The dash is so inaccurate the lights on the side of the voice displacy are inaccurate so is, the finish, tv screen color, vertical lines going down on the dash and so on. Aslo there are two complete different pictures of the dash. It also has a leather interoir (comfortable and luxaroius, but not true too the TV show) THE THING THAT BOTHERERS ME IS NO GLOSS ON THE DASH. It looks like a cheap prop from Universal.

-KnightRider2000

EBAY KITT

Well, your above statement and photo provided is a Universal dash and is the way it should look. There was no gloss on the dashes in the first two seasons of the show either. Only the one tv dash had a semi gloss finish to it. I am not sure what is so inaccurate about it though. The dash looks close although the electronics are dummied up as this is a touring car as I stated above. Looks like a late saeson 2 set up actually.

As for Marks being 100% accurate, there are those that will argue with you on that. It's nice looking but no way fully accurate. No ones car is fully accurate or will there ever be a fully accurate one. If there is then it wont function as the real cars only had static displayed dashes. Nothing worked. Just lit up to look pretty.

As for your trip to Marks, it would be an intriguing story. Fill us in. Usually if your not buying anything, he doesn't want anything to dowith you. Or so I have heard from many people. ;)
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:36 pm

Cool, but I have been on the site 1000 times, like just now... lol, I want that thing :)

KnightRider2000
Operative

OK, Here's the Story

Post by KnightRider2000 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:38 pm

I never said that Mark's was 100% accurate, he's just more accuarte than anybody else. Even though in the TV show the dash did not have gloss, it was defintily not as dull as the ebay car.

I went to his shop for an hour, and he showed me his personal car, and I got to sit in it. I told him that i'll be buying parts from him for my firebird that i'm getting and he seemed pleased. Mark's a very nice guy, but very busy, he's at work at 4 in the moring for his European costumers and he's a really great guy.

He sells regular exteroir KITT replcas for about $10,000 (with all the extra stuff on the outisde to make it a true replica). He also seels the complete interor (including seats and mats) for a bout $15,000 (provided you install it yourself). Check out the website, i love it and it constantly go on to check out new products.

-KnightRider2000

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:41 pm

*cough* http://www.adiautotech.com *cough*

Must be something going around :)
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:50 pm

The only problem I have is that if I buy a Trans Am and get all the parts I need to make it a 3rd season KITT, I know nothing about electronics. So I couldn't install it myself. >,< I'd have to go to a professional body shop and see if they'd be willing to do all the work on my car...Dang, I just realized I'd have to be Bill Gates to get an accurate replica. Ugh, what to do?

KnightRider2000
Operative

Wow, i've seen better

Post by KnightRider2000 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:41 pm

Looking at the website: http://www.adiautotech.com , i'm gald that i did not choose to go there for my replica. I see jsut a few things they do not offer: working vacuum light, high gloss (even though they do offer a moderate gloss), features from any season you want, and i keep seeing the words: DUMMY DISPLAY!!!!! Everything from http://www.markscustomkits.com WORKS. There are no "dummy displays, every guage is funtional and accurate. And one last thing: I comparing the shape of the 2 dashes i say mark's custom kits is more accurate, wouldn't you say? Thanks for the imput anyway, but please, check into mark's custom kits if you are planning to make a replica. I'll put the 2 dashes on the bottom for comparison on the shape. Please viewers, give me input on which one is better shape-wise.

-Knight Rider 2000

Advanced Designs

*Mark's Custom Kits*

KnightRider2000
Operative

Just a note:

Post by KnightRider2000 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:53 pm

The TV's on Mark's Custom Kits look crooked from the angle they are at and because of "gloss glare". I have actually sat in tha same one and the tv's look straight. Please donate money for a new anti-glare camera for mark at http://www.cameraformark.com. Please don't be dumb enough to click on it, i was just a joke. :D

-KnightRider2000 :)

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:35 pm

Too each their own I guess. Just letting everyone know their are two great conversion companies on the net.

I won't be in the interior phase of my conversion for quite some time. Don Colie is building me a set of hubcaps as we speak but I will be going with Joao at Knight Passions for my front bumper.

Mark blew me off when I first contacted him when I joined the service and inquired about getting some conversion parts, not like I didn't have the funds at the time. Don has been nothing but supportive and very personable with me.

Ain't nothing wrong with good customer service.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:42 pm

Dang, I just realized I'd have to be Bill Gates to get an accurate replica. Ugh, what to do?
Super-duper-anal-retentive accurate yeah. But you don't have to be rich to own a KITT or KARR. I'm just a broke college student, but I budget my money well enough to afford what I need. Shop around a lot as well, but do your research on the seller before you buy. There are a lot of crooks out there.

One day I would like to have a Super-duper-anal-retentive accurate season 2 KITT, but I'll leave that to Don or Marc to build and I'll just pick it up :)

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:50 pm

Well which do you prefer?

Season1?

Or season 3?

^Talk about glossy surfaces huh?

Nexus
Recruit

Post by Nexus » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:07 am

Ooooh...all those pretty lights remind me of Christmas! :lol:

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:10 am

I know the electronics look fuzzy in that picture. Sorry about that.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:31 am

I plan on going with the season 1/2 look since I am doing a KARR. Even if I wasn't I still like the 2 tv setup better.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:15 am

Yes its Chrismas KITT replica's how suiting for the season! lol! ;)

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:44 am

Do the numerical gauges on the left of the screen on Mark's one-tv dash actually exist in the show, or is that an add-on? I don't ever notice it on the show when I am not paying attention, but everytime I browse his catalouge I keep meaning to watch a 3rd or 4th season ep to confirm it, and I never do.

I tell you what... I would LOVE to have that Trans Am Convertible he shows on his site. I had the chance to buy one for $5,500 a few years back and kept kicking myself for not having the money. I absolutely loved that car, for a conversion or not. Its funny, but the one he has looks just like it.