Seem's a little fishy.....

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightRider2000
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Seem's a little fishy.....

Post by KnightRider2000 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:27 pm

I have watched Knight Rider for sometime now, and have belonged to different message boards. Mainly i have answered questions, not ask them, Well i have a question:

How come Micahel never gets hounded by the police after a mission? He sould be in jail by now. He has commited many crimes including, breaking and entering, speeding (and that's putting it lighty), high speed pursuit with the police (good and bad ones), reckless driving (including turbo boost), damage of property, illegal car detailing, even accidental homicide, and countless others.
Even though he works for FLAG, he has no immuntiy from the law. He should at least be charged with somestuff. Even when a cop shoots down a guy people question it and even send some to jail, and Michael isn't a cop, he's just a citizen. Maybe I missed something when watching the series. No one's perfect. It just seems a little fishy about the whole thing. Maybe Knight Rider isn't real after all - maybe it's all in the minds of some writer's and director's, creating and staging it to cater to our starving imaginations. Hmmmmm.......

-KnightRider2000

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:47 pm

I thought Michael got sent to jail one time too many. When someone gets locked up like that all the time, it makes you so glad you're not them. But there are a number of reasons why I would not want to be Michael. Especially the times where he nearly dies and is saved by a last minute miracle.

About the thing of him not being a cop: It is strange that he's not even though he was one before getting shot and undergoing the surgery.

"Is this guy a cop?" "No, not even close."

I recall hearing something like that from an episode. Michael Knight started out as someone who went around busting scum himself. Then he is someone who does not work for the law. But someone always getting harrassed by them.

You start out as someone doing the handcuffing and putting wackos behind bars. Then you are someone getting handcuffed and being put behind bars yourself. How can that be?
Last edited by ColeGrad01 on Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KnightRider2000
Operative

Michael the Fugitve

Post by KnightRider2000 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:58 pm

So right you are, thanks for the thought. However, even though he did go to jail a few times, how come he was never apprehanded for his other "crimes". His car and license plate is not the hard to miss and if you remember many of the missions he did were not backed by FLAG. Maybe I totally missed something, or I'm just too thickheaded. He even accidently killed a few people in that he went into pursuit with, and people do go to jail for accidently killing people. Maybe Michael Knight, is more cleaver than we all thought. After all his car can talk, right?

-KnightRider2000

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:13 pm

I do believe that you are missing the whole concept of the power of the Foundation.

Being a fleet of law based individuals, and lawyers, they were able to pull strings and make some incidents no longer appear. You need to have charges pressed in order to truly do anything, and in most cases, any charges would have been dismissed, or removed completely. After all, that was a large part of Devon's job, was to assure that Michael would be able to do his job without a mass amount of hinderances.

Who all did he accidentally kill? He knocked them out. But the only people who honestly died were in Short Notice (the biker, it was self-defense), the pilot (Tanya Walker, shot herself) otherwise, they only ended up unconscious. He never shot anybody, in fact it was assured the people got hurt, they just never died.

While his missions were not backed by FLAG, since he was a FLAG employee, they still had his back. I wouldn't call it many, it honestly was just a few missions, and in the end, FLAG always joined in to assist.

So in the end, Michael was not a criminal, there is no conspiracy, the organization (FLAG) did what it was meant to do, when Michael did step over the law, because they did recognize the fact that in order to arrest criminals who operate above the law, sometimes the crime fighers have to bend a few rules as well. There's nothing fishy if you look at the grand scheme.

KI

KnightRider2000
Operative

Post by KnightRider2000 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:20 pm

From that point of view i guess that's right. Thanks, I never thought of it that way. However one question still remains. How come he only had a few run ins with the law, police still should of seen him turbo boost and would of chased him, that was my main concern. And how powerful really is FLAG? Isn't Devon constantly telling him not to break the law? And still he should be chased sometimes. However you are right, FLAG can be very persuasive in the long runs, Micahel should never be brought to court, but wut about police chasing him? Hmmmmmmmm....... youv'e answered half my question, thanks, but could someone please answer the other half. Thanks again.

Cougar
Rookie

Post by Cougar » Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:27 pm

Of all the times Michael got put in jail, he never once showed the police his ID. He always waited for someone to come get him out. (Or get himself out!) If he would have showed them he worked for FLAG, the might have let him go. The words [b]LAW[/b] and [b]GOVERNMENT[/b] might have told them something. :?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:31 pm

FLAG is an EXTREMELY powerful organization... As an example, in A Plush Ride, they hosted summit talks for a group of third-world leaders. Devon explains to Michael that most of FLAG's business involves bureaucratic work that would bore Michael to tears... I'm sure there a team of people dedicated to cleaning up after Michael's missions.

It's like the food/bathroom issue: just because they don't show it every time, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Team Knight Rider made a bit of a joke about this in one episode- Jenny is handing out business cards telling people to have their insurance companies contact FLAG for settlement.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:20 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote: It's like the food/bathroom issue: just because they don't show it every time, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Well, we don't exactly want to see Michael standing in front of a toilet now taking a leak. I just meant how can he run around several hours without even worrying about it.

Some shows do have people mention they need to go and show them step inside a restroom. We don't want to see them actually using it.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:11 pm

Intresting, I think MK should have told the cops he was a working for the government, it may have saved sometime, but could have caused problems. Like the guys will not trust him anymore...

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:15 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:FLAG is an EXTREMELY powerful organization... As an example, in A Plush Ride, they hosted summit talks for a group of third-world leaders. Devon explains to Michael that most of FLAG's business involves bureaucratic work that would bore Michael to tears... I'm sure there a team of people dedicated to cleaning up after Michael's missions.

(snip)

Team Knight Rider made a bit of a joke about this in one episode- Jenny is handing out business cards telling people to have their insurance companies contact FLAG for settlement.
Makes sense... kind of like the cleanup teams that were always showing up after Will Smith blew stuff to smithereens or fired his weapons in public in Men In Black.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:38 pm

Benjamin Knight wrote:Intresting, I think MK should have told the cops he was a working for the government, it may have saved sometime, but could have caused problems. Like the guys will not trust him anymore...
Only one thing: FLAG wasn't working for the government, it was a freelance operative, that supported the government's cause in many cases.

But basically, a lot of his jail time was a plot device to entertain us. :)

KI

monstermichael
Volunteer

Post by monstermichael » Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:20 pm

It's because Devin is a good person for gett9ing out of stuff. Wilton Knight had lots of bucks and bucks is power and if you have lots of money you are above the law. Like the crinimals, but MichaelKITT and Davin and Bonny were on the good side of being above the law

marctronixx
Recruit

Post by marctronixx » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:14 pm

its a fantasy show...