4th Season Cons... The Stuff You Didn't Like!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What Addition To KR In The 4th Season Did You Like The Least?

SPM
38%
"C" Mode
13%
RCIII
No votes
I didn't like any of Season 4
No votes
I loved all of Season 4
13%
Other (List Below Please)
38%

Total votes: 8

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

4th Season Cons... The Stuff You Didn't Like!

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:46 pm

Hi, I was thinking last night as I was in bed, it seems that there are some people who don't like some of the stuff added to the show and to KITT at the start of the 4th season :roll: I don't mind the 4th season that much, but some of the shows don't cut it with me... Anyhow lets talk in this thread about the stuff you didn't like about the 4th season. I have created a poll for you to select the thing you didn't like the most... Lets post are thoughts too, here is mine to start with! :D

Well for me I am not really sure, I didn't like "C" mode very much! It made KITT look weak and corny. If I had a KITT from the 4th season, I would maybe use "C" mode... once, lol. I loved SPM! Another thing that was a little cheesy was the addition of RCIII, I did like him, But he never really helped the stories. My cousin who saw "The Knight Flight To Freedom" as his first KR :shock: Was asking, what is the deal with this RC guy, I he like MK's corny not so hot asistant. I told him how RCIII came to be, and he told me he would like to see who without RC!! :wink:

Benjamin Knight
:spm:

LIVE LONG AND POSPER everyone!

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:32 pm

One thing that ruined season 4 was that it was more fictional like voodoo knight or kitt going through volcano lava.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:38 pm

I didn'tlike the lava either, go figure its on the one I show my cuz, now he things KR is all bad corny effects, and cheesy (RC type) characters...

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:46 pm

Season 3 was the apex of Knight Rider if you ask me. Season 4 just had crappy writers. Now what was C mode again? I forgot.

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:49 pm

Convertible mode.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:51 pm

The lovely little option that changes KITT the nice trans am into a Convertable! Seing KITT with no roof was just silly, he seemed to loose his KITTness when he was in "C" mode. Well it is called Convertable Mode... :D Well it would make for a good drive on hot summer's days, but you loose all MPS portection for the driver! Not so hot for those surprise attacks! That is another reason I wouldn't use "C" mode... If I was on a mission at least.
Last edited by Benjamin Knight on Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:54 pm

Oh, now I remember. Yeah, Knight Rider got so lame in season 4. There were some good episodes. But I feel: "If it ain't broke, why fix it?" They should have kept KITT the way he was in my opinion.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:23 am

The only thing I didn't like about Season 4 was the way they started doing episodes. Some of them were okay, but the early seasons of the show were way better. It seemed like they were just coming up with silly things to keep a show going.

I liked the idea of Convertible mode. It was just a nice conversion of the car. And Super Pursuit mode was awesome. Makes the car seem like it's becoming more powerful. Plus, I think it was okay to have RC3 as a new character to the show. There are rules that an African-American must be included in a production. You gotta at least show their face and let them say a line.

The only thing I didn't like about the new conversions for the car, as I have said before, was how they were done. It did not make any sense at all for just a bunch of black guys off the streets to put KITT back together in one piece. He is a super machine built by high-tech engineers. It does not make sense for street mechanics to just put him back together in a matter of time and make him better than ever.

They could have done stuff to help repair him. But it should have been pros who made all the changes which had KITT become superior. The professionals took days, weeks, and months to do their work. But these punks off the street did it in the nick of time.

I thought some of the episodes in 1986 were sorta corny. But I do like KNIGHT OF A THOUSAND DEVILS, HILLS OF FIRE, and KNIGHT FLIGHT TO FREEDOM. VOODOO KNIGHT was an okay episode itself, but that isn't the way the show should have ended. But I find nothing wrong with SPM nor C mode. And RC3 was cool to be on there. Even if he was just annoying and a nuisance. He did save Michael's life a few times.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:15 am

I like SPM and RCIII can be cool, lol he does give a great laugh, (like off my signature, ending of KNIGHT OF A THOUSAND DEVILS, you should know that one ColeGrand01!) The plots were weaker and repeated but what can you do... KITT could have been better repaired by pros but oh well... I like The Knight Flight To Freedom a little :oops: My cuz thinks all KR is conry now after he watch that one for the first KR he saw, because I kind'a liked it and I only had to on tape at the time. (Now I have 8 tapes full!) He didn't like the lava. Only because it looked bad (like pudding or jello!) but KITT could make it though with his PL and the MBS, the MBS must be able to take "a little" heat!! ;) I guess I should have added "Bad Plots" to the poll, I'm bad! lol :(

Well just vote other for that I guess...

Okay enjoy your night everyone!

Benjamin Knight
:spm:

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:41 am

I just thought of something. There was no need to destroy KITT in JUNK YARD DOG. He was just rebuilt from scratch to be exactly what he was. I like that episode and consider it one of my favorites, but the destruction of KITT was unnecessary.

What they should have done in KNIGHT OF THE JUGGERNAUT was have the original team reassembled and design all those new modes. Without him being destroyed in JYD, they could have done a similarity with the original assembly team rebuilding him. No need for the mechanics off the street.

In JYD, he should have just gotten where he was not able to function. That would have been better than him being demolished and having to be put back together. Engineers would have just had to repair his circuitry. But in KOTJ, a team of engineers is called on to create SPM and C mode.

In able to introduce RC3, they could have had the street mechanics give a hand in restructuring him. But leave it to the pros to program all the new modes. Like on the show, RC3 could have just made a suggestion to them to do C mode. The engineers do SPM to make KITT more powerful than before.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:52 am

I think you missed the whole point of Junk Yard Dog.

Junk Yard Dog wasn't just an excuse to damage KITT, it was to show what would happen if KITT was pushed to the point of total mortality, that he wasn't indestructible, that he was Michael's partner, not his tool, and that he as a being had to deal with the fears of being pushed to the edge just as Michael did when he was shot. ( a common plot device used for a very long time, just applied to a computer) So...yeah it was necessary to virtually destroy KITT in that particular episode. It wasn't to just entertain those who wanted a gadget of the week, it was an attempt to give a little bit more dramatic depth to the show.

And you might want to watch Knight of the Juggernaut a little closer. The whole idea behind the street mechanics was that Bonnie was the brain, and they were her team to follow her lead. He was only severely damaged, so all that was truly needed was for Bonnie to recover KITT, and put out the specs for her 'workers' to integrate. The only thing that was total junk about that concept was RCIII sneaking the whole Convertible mode in without anybody knowing it, but otherwise, if you open your horizons a bit, as well as research a little bit about street mechanics, you might figure out that the rest isn't such a far fetched concept. Bonnie did the programming, the street mechanics did the work.

KI

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:02 pm

I don't know why the whole Convertible idea keeps getting crap from everyone. It was less corny that SPM was. IMO, the convertible (even though not possible with a hard top like KITT's) made KITT really nice looking. That convertible is my dream car, and it looks so sporty compared to some of today's cars.

Oh well, I realize that everyone has their own opinion. That was mine. :-)

---Steve