hearts of stone

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

hearts of stone

Post by KITT » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:19 pm

in the beginning of the episode when they roll the credits, i noticed something. it's a different font then all the other ones. perhaps they hadn't developed it yet? it looks like a plain font, like arial or times.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:50 pm

it does? i will have to check that out. i watched 'hearts of stone' lots of times but can't say i noticed.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:01 pm

This is also the first appearance of the blk semi with kitt rollon' up the ramp and they also show kitts new voice modulator too and kitts first racing challange which is dusted by way of the almighty "turbo boost"!

K.I.T.T. :Don't drink the water! :kittspin:
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:26 pm

Well its different in the intro, they added more sound effects. Like you can hear KITT's scanner going back and forth, the mighty sound of the turbine when KITT rolls past the screen, and the counter ticks on the speedometer and RPM's. Oh, does anyone hear speak Spanish? What did KITT say to Bonnie at the end?

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:40 pm

I've seen 2 episodes when, in the opening, there's know voice. You know, no "Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist..." What's the explanation.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:42 pm

I can translate it! (The spanish convo) What did they say?? :)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:03 pm

I'm checking out the opening credits on my Replay, and I don't see anything different about the font? Oh wait, you mean the credits after the opener credits? Yea, I compared it to yesterdays episode and you are right, it is a different font. I see your typeology class has paid off, nice work! It was on the episode before it, so it can't be that they hadn't developed it, perhaps just a lazy designer or they didn't have the font on the machine they created the credits on. I hate it when I move machines and forget the font...

The explination on the "a shadowy flight into the dangerous.." is that it wasn't on every episode.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:21 pm

KITT said: "Bonnie Ay! Ay que chula!" I think. Hmm, curious. Anyone care to translate? What was KITT saying to Bonnie anyway? Hehe!

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:43 pm

I will since I am taking french and spanish classes.
It means something like Bonnie oh! oh how cute! or something like that.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:03 pm

cloudkitt wrote:I've seen 2 episodes when, in the opening, there's know voice. You know, no "Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist..." What's the explanation.
It's the pilot episode ("Knight of the Phoenix") and the first regular episode, "Deadly Maneuvers". After that, all of them have the Richard Basehart narration.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:52 pm

The exact translation is "Bonnie Oh! Oh that pretty!" Humm.... Interesting... Want happened in that scene to give me some idea of what is Oh that pretty, wait was KITT hitting on Bonnie/complimenting her??

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:56 pm

Well that translation fits. We see Bonnie coming out to greet Michael and Devon in a lovely dress and her hair styled in that pretty way. :D
Last edited by The Real Michael Knight on Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:18 am

:D Anything else I can translate? Sounds like a good episode! Yes, I get to see another Knight Rider by this time tomarrow! :kitt: I watch it 1:00 am Saturday nights... The NewVR

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:45 am

neps wrote:I'm checking out the opening credits on my Replay, and I don't see anything different about the font? Oh wait, you mean the credits after the opener credits? Yea, I compared it to yesterdays episode and you are right, it is a different font. I see your typeology class has paid off, nice work! It was on the episode before it, so it can't be that they hadn't developed it, perhaps just a lazy designer or they didn't have the font on the machine they created the credits on. I hate it when I move machines and forget the font...
lol. my teacher scolded us for using the Times font recently, we aren't allowed to use it, ever, in the history of the world. only new times :P
but anyways, thankies. i was watching that today and i didn't even notice it right off. then i started paying attention the the letter S and noticed it was different.

i only get to see knight rider on fridays if i'm lucky, so if it was on other episodes i haven't noticed.
moving machines is annoying. i usually sit on the same machine but then there's that girl that steals it every so often in my flash class.. does she not know i sit there everyday.. and the stupid G5's dont have zip drives so i have to tell her to get off or let me put my stuff on the server.. sorry i'll stop rambling now.

skav - you have no idea how many times i've seen this episode and didn't notice it until now. watch the letter S, though. it's the most easily recognizable letter to be different. the more common one in later episodes is curved, top and bottom equally spaced. the one on today's episode was thnner on top, and bigger on the bottom.

KITT
btw, i usually ramble a lot until someone stops me.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:38 pm

I can't believe I missed this last week. I didn't see any of them. But I got both that showed today and yesterday.

Looking at the KNIGHT RIDER ARCHIVE, I found out this one took place in Houston, Texas. I had the chance to see an episode that occured in my own state and I missed it. My life started out in Houston.