where was the foundation headquarters located did it ever sa

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Do you like the white semi or black semi

white
No votes
Black
100%

Total votes: 17

joeb2000
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

where was the foundation headquarters located did it ever sa

Post by joeb2000 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:24 am

They never said on any episode where the main foundation headquarters was it in CA or Navada and in the 1st season the white semi was always parked on the side of the road and once they got the black semi then it was moving most of the time when kitt would drive up the ramp.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:16 am

There is a ton of circumstantial evidence for the Foundation being located in Los Angeles, but I think the fact that KITT has California plates is enough to rule out Nevada.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:21 am

Um..... why is there a poll about the semi color under the topic of where the FLAG HQ was located? I think I missed something.

And for the poll question, definately the black one. It was only white in what....the first few eps? I guess they were still getting funding for the paint job. (And maybe for the real truck too, so it could move)The Knight chess piece is great for the FLAG logo, IMO.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:29 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:There is a ton of circumstantial evidence for the Foundation being located in Los Angeles, but I think the fact that KITT has California plates is enough to rule out Nevada.
The only time that gets muddy is in "Goliath," when Michael stumbles into Devon's office after he and KITT make it out of the desert. In the script, it was a hotel suite rather than his office. Maybe they just found a hotel room that sort of looked like Devon's office, and I'm all confused... :?:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:40 pm

Yeah, it didn't make much sense that Michael would get himself all the way to the Foundation on his own, rather than him stopping at the first town he got to and having Devon and April come pick him up. But Los Angeles basically is part of the same desert as Vegas, so Michael could have still headed back to L.A., knowing that KITT needed a lot of work.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:31 pm

I always assumed it was in Northern California...I dunno why, I never really considered it. Just judging by the way they react to distances when at the headquarters I subconciously assumed that they were somewhere in Northern California
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:16 pm

There was a white semi!??! :shock: l o l I learn something new every day! :) Humm.... Didn't they always go to Phoenex for FLAG stuff to? That is where I always thought it was...

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:56 pm

Did it ever run out of gas l o l?

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:40 pm

Wow. I could swear that it was explicitly stated at some point that the headquarters was in Los Angeles (well, the headquarters from Seasons 2-4 and the second half of 1). And when I say Los Angeles I mean the city or one of it's suburbs.

I could swear. I would swear. But I couldn't give a specific example where I know it was stated.

Ahhhhhhhhh, this is really going to bother me.

And I don't have time to watch all 80+ eps.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:39 pm

It never really gives the full insight to exactly where the Foundation is, they left all kinds of hints as to deductions of where it could be (Michael Knight's driver's license for one, being in Nores (fictional) California)

There was absolutely NO concept given that the Foundation was in Phoenix.

So, if you want to go by where KITT is registered, and where Michael's address is supposedly listed as being where the Foundation is, then it is in Nores, California.

KI

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:15 pm

The foundation had an office in Las Vegas, where it was stated on a plaque on the front gate in Goliath.

I think they also had an office outside Detroit, since all the board members met with Michael and Jennifer Knight in KOTJ.

The main headquarters is probably in California, as KI has said.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:49 pm

Maybe I'm thinking about this too deeply, but if someone wanted to do the math to give a rough estimate of the area the Foundation could have been in, you could use the information given in KOTP when KITT and Michael get on the road and they pass the sign saying how many miles it is to Milston. Draw a radius of that mileage out from Milston and at least you could narrow down what areas the Foundation could have been near. Hope I'm making sense in writing cuz it does make sense in my head when i think about it! LOL :-)
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:05 pm

There is no Millston in California or Nevada, but the sign reads "San Francisco 150 - Millston 110". That's when Michael says outloud that he wanted a radio, and KITT speaks for the first time.

Los Angeles is probably close to 400 miles from San Francisco, but it's possible Michael had been driving for several hours before he passed that sign (there was a driving montage beforehand). He did have a lot on his mind at that point, so he might not have wanted the radio until then.

Mike

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:20 pm

Knicks4973 wrote:
I think they also had an office outside Detroit, since all the board members met with Michael and Jennifer Knight in KOTJ.
Actually they met in Chicago in KOTJ.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:14 pm

^The house wouldn't have been owned by FLAG; rather, the Knight Foundation would have owned it. Or, alternately, the board was coming to meet at Jennifer Knight's house; didn't we see her there later when Michael jumps the garden wall to give her his resignation?

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:24 pm

i think the house is on red bluff:) because i saw on the weather channel red bluff that does exisit:)