KITTs operating system

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Darknight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Darknight » Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:08 pm

"Um... I think Fuzzy logic has already bridged that gap?"

Fuzzy logic? Unless you're referring to Bush's reference to Al Gore's "fuzzy math", I don't follow you.

Corby

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:17 pm

even KITT is not immune to BSOD's :lol:

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:17 am

Was KITT ever susceptible to a virus? How would they load it on? And how, in Knight in Disgrace, was that guy able to seemingly "hack" into KITT's system?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:16 pm

Well since it seems that KITT has some sort of wireless network as evident by the exchange of data with the foundation. Someone could hack in via that type of connection. Wouldn't even need to be near them. Hopefully they had higher that 256bit encryption.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:27 pm

Come to think of it, where do the best examples of this network come from? Is it not in the KARR episodes?

Now that I've been reading the Trust Doesn't Rust novel, I have been re-evaluating my notion that KITT was constantly connected to a remote Foundation computer. Which is probably a bad thing, as it leaves a bunch of events that have happened in the show unresolved. (Because, having a constant connection helps to explain so much.) The novel explains that the interference that KITT was able to pick up on was due to KARR's deteriorating condition and the interference signatures that these malfunctions were putting out. (Although, I think the episodes actually produce a few counter-points to this fact.)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:30 pm

And once again, we see why the novels aren't considered canon....

KI