Petition Universal!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

themarvelous3
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by themarvelous3 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:33 pm

well, extras or not i just ordered MY DVD copy subscription to Columbia House's version of the series. i wasnt aware it was even being offered. better that than nothing. and the few VHSs i got from them are getting worn out from over playing!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm

If there is going to be a KR series DVD, then it would be this decade. Every decade, the media tends to focus on 2 decades ago.
In the 70s, it was time for 50s nostalgia (can anybody say, "Happy Days?")
In the 80s, the 60s.
ANd as I remember all through the 90s, radios had the biggest fascination with the 70s.
Therefore, the nostalgia decade for 2000-2010 is, the 80s. Might also be why a Knight Rider movie is being considered, and that these erratic DVD released are being released.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:48 pm

People like to remember their youth, and it takes about 20 years for people to leave their teens and get into positions of power in Hollywood. It's the people in their 30s-40s who are calling a lot of the shots (both in Hollywood and the consumers who watch the shows) so you'll always see that 20 year lag.

I guess that makes me a power-player. Um, yeah. I'm totally tubular fer sure.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:38 pm

Yeah, and totally Knarly dude! heheh! Well anyway I think Michael P. is right. Hey, maybe thats why Knight Rider is being aired on Sci-Fi right now, I never thought of that.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:40 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:Yeah, I wish they did a season at a time, like how i get my Stargate SG-1 shows. Now I am saving up for season 3....

Are the Columbia House episodes uncut? It would make sense that they would be, even though I have seen very strange things in this world....
wow! you too? lol. that's actually the way i'm watching it for the first time. started watching the show on sky one but they messed it up when showing season two so years later i'm finally starting to watch the entire series from the beginning, and am gonna be getting s3 on dvd after chrimbo :) can't wait!!

michael mentioned kr being a "mini-cult" status, maybe in the states but over in europe it seems to be much much bigger than that. bravo are STILL showing it after all these years and the ratings are still extrememly strong. i can't see a european dvd box set series failing.

and as far as waiting for the movie, if the recent trend of tv-tie-in movies is followed then yes we'll need the original seires to be released if the movie is pants. hopefully it won;t be though ;) although, the hulk didn't exactly get a major dvd release, just two volumes of random film-length episodes.
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)