What will it take for you to listen to Knight Radio?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What will make you want to listen in to Knight Radio?

What is Knight Radio?
19%
More DJ's/Shows
6%
Smaller bandwidth (it runs at 56k right now)
6%
Listen and win contests
31%
More interviews/trivia/etc.
25%
Other (please specify)
13%
Drop dead Knight Radio
No votes

Total votes: 16

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What will it take for you to listen to Knight Radio?

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:59 pm

I have been mulling this over, primarily because Knight Radio is back on listener probation. (We have to keep up so many listeners per month to remain listed, otherwise they start talking about downgrading our station.) Not to mention a few complaints from the DJ's, about listeners. (ok, one DJ, but it is still enough to get my brain in a twist)

So, is it worth it, and what will it take for you to tune in?

Our DJ's, and I are working our rears off (ok, Neps, Rusti and I are the hardest workers so far) to keep this station alive, and going, and it is sort of disappointing to not see more support. Since this station got its birth here on this board, and it was the community who urged us to go forth with this station here is your chance to help keep the station alive, or put it to its final death. (Mind you, the station is not free to me, so this is quite important. It is, however, free to you.)

KI

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:13 pm

Humm... I have tried this Knight Radio before it didn't work for me! It sounds cool though, what is it exactly??

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:49 pm

i picked listen and win contests, but i also would've picked the interviews and trivia option as well.

but, i would listen if it would work on my computer..

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:43 pm

What is it?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:50 pm

It never works for me!! What is on the station anyway??

Vchat20
Operative

Post by Vchat20 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:55 pm

other: live broadcasts and no live365 membership requirement. i know you try to stay legal as possible with this, but when I wanna listen to an online station, I prefer live broadcasts over pre-recorded. plus I wish to use my own player at will which is limited by the requirement for live365 membership.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:07 pm

First of all, I and the rest of the DJ's do work, you know, so live broadcasts are not feasible. I am not only staying as legal as possible, I AM legal, and I personally do not want to tangle with the RIAA over one person's slight discomfort, as well as greeting with the Universal Legal people. If you want live broadcasts, then you had better prepare to be paying a fee for our station operation.

Second, you don't have to have a membership to live365, other than signing up. You can use virtually any player to listen in, and it's primarily your choice. It's free, unless you want the non-advertising version, at which point, there is a charge.

Sorry, that other is a no.

As for the rest of you who are having problems.

Let me explain a few things. I have limited control over the relays. I program the play lists, I run the specifics for the operation of the station, but for the actual broadcasting, that is out of my control. Some problems are strictly Live365. BUT... (a rather nice one at this) there is a support board, and a support email for listeners who are having problems, and after chewing out Live365 previously, they are fairly decent about it. So contact us at http://www.board.krfoundation.com (in the Knight Radio forum) or at knightradio@krfoundation.com or scipsycho@yahoo.com to tell us, and we will try to get you some tech support, or if anything, the accesses to the Live365 tech support. We have had problems before. But for the most part, they have switched to new systems which eliminate a lot of the problems.

In short, you can complain all you want about it not working, but unless you put out that extra effort to try to help us help you get it fixed, there's not much that can be done. And if you don't make the efforts, then well, there's not much need for us to continue to try to do things for the community, is there? (It's a whole chain reaction thing.)

If you happen to forget, you can email Neil too, and he will get the message to me, and he will also do what he can to assist, because he's in this with us. His show is taking a beating too recently, and that really sucks because he has a great show going.

Keep the suggestions coming in, but let's keep it feasible, ok? Let's also keep in mind, that all of the DJ's are donating their time, and I am putting in a chunk of money (along with a couple of very helpful donators (thanks Ken, thanks Stylez, thanks, Richie) to keep this place alive, for you, the fans. I am sorry that you don't like to register for Live365, but if you want to provide $260 per song for the licensing, then we can talk. Let's remember, this is sweat and tears, and as has been explained before, we are dealing with the best deal that we can get.

KI

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:26 pm

cloudkitt wrote:What is it?
Knight Radio is a radio station dedicated to all things Knight Rider and beyond. Primarily music from the 80s (especially from the show) 90's, and Today, we also deal with fan fic readings, (Knight Rider) and specialty shows, including

the Shadowy Flight which is all about Knight Rider.
Class Action: Songs and their modern covers, hosted by neps
80's Power Station: 80's nostalgia hosted by 80's Knight
Bumper's Corral: Country music
Knight of 1000 Laughs: Comedy, comedy, and more comedy
Double Digit: 90's songs
The Ficdom: Edwards Award Winners read aloud for your pleasure.

We primarily base ourselves as much as possible on Knight Rider. :)

For those who can never get in, email us at knightradio@krfoundation.com or scipsycho@yahoo.com, and we will see if we can help you work it out. We can't help if we don't know about it, and we don't purposely lock people out ya know.

KI

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:30 pm

I just got it to work at last!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :dance: Nice job KI! Your for sure one of KR's number 1 fans!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:42 pm

But what is it, exactly?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:50 pm

An internet radio station...?

KI

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:52 pm

Its a online radio station that plays cool 80s music an has KR talks shows. It was made by Knightimmortal, and she hosts the talk shows it seems from the info I can find on it! Cool! :dance:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:19 am

it's a normal radio station like you would hear in your car. except it's on the internet... basically..

KITT
p.s. yes i know there's several things different then a normal radio station, but i'm just giving cloudkitt a simpler clue i guess.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:37 pm

I just came on here and found the station last night. Knightimmortal plays some rather good songs on here. You do have a nice voice. When do you do all that broadcasting?

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:53 pm

So its your voice on KR all the time, I guessed it was... Nice voice, mine sounds bad on the phone! Humm... Now to do an impression... j/k j/k j/k j/k I won't do that! :D ;) Way to go with your station Knightimmortal

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:58 pm

Actually, it's not really my voice all the time. The deeper ones are Neps, Scott Kirkessner, and 80's Knight. And then Rusti Knight and JennKITT also lend their voices in. :)

Thanks for the kudos :)

KI

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:32 pm

So who does the KNIGHT RADIO introduction that plays when it turns on?? :D

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:54 pm

Scott Kirkessner. Our KR2K resident guru. :)

KI