Favorite "guilty pleasure" episode?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JL
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Favorite "guilty pleasure" episode?

Post by JL » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:04 pm

Come on, we've all got one... an episode that isn't quite on the level of, say, "Soul Survivor" or "Junk Yard Dog," but you really get a kick out of watching it, you never miss it when they show it on TV, or you even have it taped so you can watch it whenever you want.

My guilty pleasure? "Knight Sting."

It's just a lot of fun from beginning to end... the fact that everybody got involved with this case, KITT's "transformation" (which is even more improbable than the thought of KITT managing to hold all the components of Super Pursuit Mode and the convertible top at the same time), and the involvement of two actors from the Bond movies (Walter Gotell (Carascas) played General Gogol in every film from The Spy Who Loved Me through The Living Daylights, and Kabir Bedi (Vascone) played Gobinda, the villain's henchman in Octopussy) made this one a real kick for me.

And even if there wasn't any of that, there's always Patricia McPherson in that dress... :D

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:32 pm

A Nice, Indecent Little Town

I just love the whole concept of Aunt Martha raising cain in KITT, it totally is a cute episode, from Michael's exasperation from losing the guy in the beginning, to the bible explanation at the end. It's just warm and fuzzy all over.

KI

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:28 pm

I don't feel guilty about watching any of them but I'll go with one that I know ppl are gonna hate: Voo Doo Knight. To me, it was funny, badly acted, had a ridiculous plot, badly acted....all the makings of an entertaining episode.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:41 pm

^VDK works for me on a MST3K level... so awful it's good, but it becomes great if you and a friend provide your own commentary track. :lol:

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:16 pm

Knight Song

::waits for the boos and the throwing of tomatos to stop::

I just love seeing Kitt in Chicago. :D And the scene where everyone was moping over their injuries was pretty funny.

Halloween Knight and Fright Knight too. Just happened to catch Fright Knight last week which was cool because I went to Universal Studios about a month ago, so it was fun to look for things in the background that I had seen. Also cool to find out there is a sound stage there that is supposedly haunted. :D

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:13 pm

for real, or you mean the soundstage for the episode?

anyway, thats a good episode. it had robert englund in it(freddy krueger).

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Newbie
Volunteer

Post by Knight Newbie » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:19 pm

"Let it be me" that episode is just freakin hillarous. I love when Michael is gettin into his groove on stage. the leg kicks are just priceless. don't forget that hankercheif around his neck or whuteva it was. I think I am gonna go watch it again. Evertime I watch it, I can barely stay on the couch without falling off due to laughter.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:53 am

If I say Junkyard Dog, does that make me a bad person? I love to watch KITT get drestroyed and rebuilt.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:38 am

^No, because JYD actually is a good episode, so there's nothing guilty about liking it. ;)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:15 pm

In a sense the entire series can be thought of as a guilty pleasure. I don't feel guilty about watching, but I definitely understand how it could be categorized that way.

Since the silliness (or ridiculousness, or whatever) of the show is such an important part of the charm for me in the first place, I can't pick out specific episodes as guilty pleasures.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:14 am

Skav wrote:for real, or you mean the soundstage for the episode?
At the risk of sounding extremely gullible, the tour guide said that one of the sound stages on hte Universal lot hasn't been used since a version of The Phantom of the Opera was filmed there. Claimed it was because of superstitious movie people thinking it was haunted. I have a hard time believing that a movie studio would keep a sound stage around and not use it, but I have no proof one way or anyother.

Makes a good story for them to tell the tourists anyway. :twisted:

"Boss, you don't really believe in a phantom, do you?"
"Why not?"