New Knight Rider Movie News found, but....

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New Knight Rider Movie News found, but....

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:51 am

Hey, I was just on Irene's David and Pamela Fanclub website reading the news and found out this:

http://www.people.co.uk/homepage/featur ... teid=79490

I hate what what it says about Ashton Kutcher, because I want David to play the Knight Rider....if Ashton plays Michael Knight then I am not gonna be a happy camper. :roll:

Special thanks to Irene for finding this article! :wink:
Nat

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:15 am

Don't worry about the Ashton rumor... There was announcement that he was picked to be the new driver of KITT and it was picked up by many rumor sites (and this site as well!), but the next day there was a retraction. Basically, it seems that Ashton was simply one of many names that was "considered". It could still happen, but don't lose sleep over it yet.

Irene brought it to our attention a few days ago here:

http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... ght=ashton
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:35 am

Ah Ok, well I hope that is just a rumor. Sorry for posting it again...I checked the board and I guess I must have missed that other post...oops! Well, I do hope that this movie will be like the original or else its gonna be very dissapppointing...I think I speak for everyone here when I say that. :wink:

Nat

Stargazer
Operative

Re: New Knight Rider Movie News found, but....

Post by Stargazer » Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:16 pm

DavidHFanNatalie wrote:Hey, I was just on Irene's David and Pamela Fanclub website reading the news and found out this:

http://www.people.co.uk/homepage/featur ... teid=79490

I hate what what it says about Ashton Kutcher, because I want David to play the Knight Rider....if Ashton plays Michael Knight then I am not gonna be a happy camper. :roll:

Special thanks to Irene for finding this article! :wink:
Nat
I just hope they have David and William in the movie. If they produce the movie in the near future.

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:22 pm

Oh and failed to mention that Im worried that they will make the movie over like they did in Adams Family, The Hulk and Charlies Angels. The movies weren't all that bad, but even the Hulk movie had major changes to the story line to keep it from looking too much like the old TV series...

*gasp*, we can only hope for the best if things start to churn up with the making of the KR movie.

knightynight
Recruit

Post by knightynight » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:03 pm

Um , Stargazer, they specifically made the Hulk movie, NOT to be like the TV show, because the TV show was wrong! The TV show itself made too many changes that didn't agree with the COMIC book character, including changing Bruce Banner(comic name) to David Banner(TV) because they thought "Bruce" sounded gay. Indeed, although I agree the way they did the Hulk movie wasn't the greatest I do understand why they did what tey did. They specifically tailored the movie to appeal to fans of the comic book NOT fans of the TV show.

knightphoenix
Rookie

new knight rider

Post by knightphoenix » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:38 am

I believe that a new series should be born, set 5 years after Knight Rider 2000 movie. We last saw Michael retiring again and Kitt going off with a new driver. So lets go ahead 5 years, since the 1991 movie was set in 2000. Its 2005 and the openning episode starts with an attack on the Foundation, killing almost everyone. Along with this, an attack is launched in Chicago killing half of the Knight Board of directors, including Jennifer Knight. From there we go back to L.A., where we see K.I.T.T. heading torge a large set of buildings at a high rate of speed, all of sudden a missle is launched and K.I.T.T. is destroyed, at least for now. But, his new driver, Shawn, is killed. Following so far, now we go to a church where Michael is getting married to Maggie Powers, a doctor. As soon as the wedding is finished a man approaches Michael and informs him of the attack. On his way back to the Foundation Headquarters he his informed that he has inherited the Knight fortune!! Arriving at FLAG, he meets Lauren Miles, Devon's niece. She informs him that she was training to take over operations when the attack came. She informs him that the Foundation was working with LA PD on a case against the Ramseus Sindicate, a new crime family that is heavy into drugs and weapons. She believes that they were responsible and are very dangerous.She also reveals that LA PD had a undercover inside the Sindicate. We go to the Sindicate and meet Jason Conners, after witnesssing the attacks on the FLAG, he heads home, while on his way he calls his Seargant and informs him he has evidence that will put the Ramseus away forever, he tells he'll be in soon, but needs to stop home to shower and check with his fiancee. After he hangs up, the Seargant calls someone. When Jason gets to the house, before he enters, it blows up. As he arrives at hospital Michael and Maggie show up, Jason is barely alive and Michael wants him sent to closest Foundation Hospital and tells Maggie she needs to save him. Of course she does and because of the severe burns he recieves, he gets a new face and new indenity, Jason Conners dies, Jason Knight is born.
Back at FLAG, Michael talks to a tech who informs him that K.I.T.T. memory and cpu servived, Michael talks to him and informs K.I.T.T. that everything will be fine. Michael goes to see Bonnie and she is not happy to see him because of the way he left FLAG the first time, he pleads for her help, to save K.I.T.T. and Flag. She returns with him and to give you an idea of how this finishes, Bonnie develops the Knight 10000, a 2005 Black Ford Mustang with state of the art weapons systems and K.I.T.T. is beborn. Jason Knight comes to the Foundation and Michael recruits him to be the new driver of K.I.T.T. and he excepts. Unfortunely he has lost his memory along with K.I.T.T. of what happended to them. But of course while training Jason is attacked and gets his memory back, along with KITT who reconizes one of the attackers and nearly kills him. Jason and KITT take off go to destroy the Sindicate. Michael calls the police for back up, and when they arrive they find Sindicate destroyed and many surrndering, and Jason gets the leader and the evidence+ nails his former seargant. Back at FLAG Michael asks Jason to stay on and gives him the speech Wilton Knight gave him. Jason agrees to stay if Michael remains in control of the Foundation, Michael agrees and we break to the new Knight 10000 heading out with Jason at the wheel.
Know this a quick outline, there would be alot more dialog between KITT and Michael and a hell of alot of action. The new series would called, Knight Rider Legacy. I hope to get as many of the origanals in this plus a couple new faces. For Jason Knight I would like to get Camreon Mathison, who plays Ryan on All My Children for that part. I know David was in soaps before Knight Rider, so why not.
Let me know what you all think.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:41 am

if ashton becomes the new knight rider i will forever place him with long hair on that 70's show, and the fact that he's dating his mom.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:50 am

Nice idea knightphoenix WELCOME TO THE BOARD! Seems like your going to bring some new ideas onto the board as every new member does. May I say Welcome to the danger world, the world of the Knight Rider Forums... lol

Benjamin Knight
:spm:

knightphoenix
Rookie

thanks Ben

Post by knightphoenix » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:16 am

I have ideas for several episodes and some great stunts. I hope they dont go with Ashton as Michael. I'd much rather see a new charactor, to play Jason Knight with David as a older more mature Michael Knight, who has to deal with a young hero, just like Devon Miles had to. Also the idea they would bring Kitt back as a Trans Am just doesn't work. The Pontiac Trans Am/Firebird has been discontinued and Ford is coming out with a new Mustang for 2005. If you havent seen it yet, just do a search for 2005 Ford Mustang and check it out. Its like the 67-69 model, but modernized. The Knight Industries 10000 would be faster and more manuverable than the origanal, but would have a full assortment of missles, machine guns, mortars and much more. There would also be a new tactical lookup on the windshield in the cockpit area. This new Kitt would have to be more weaponized, considering that FLAG will have to take on terrorist and more sophistacated enemies.
Anyone having any ideas on how I might get my ideas to David or anyone who might be able to use my ideas let me Know.
C.J.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:20 am

I hate to be the killjoy here, but they don't take fan submitted ideas very deeply, due to the legal implications of such, especially after announcing some of those ideas on a message board. But I would recommend that you write your ideas down, and start formulating them into fan fiction on the internet, and join the rest of us who have great ideas in sharing those ideas with fellow KR fans in the form of stories.

Welcome to the board, hope to see more cool ideas, and would love to see it evolve into fan fiction! A great idea is a horrible thing to keep penned up. :)

KI

KI2000
Rookie

Post by KI2000 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:23 am

It's been a while since I last visited this board or wrote anything over here. I just read the little article about the new movie ... release date 2005? Is that true? That's about three years for producing a movie. I thought the first news leaked out in 2002

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:19 pm

I am working on a fanfic episode right now, I love to write fanfic, and am also working on a Star Trek novel.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:41 pm

It's been a while since I last visited this board or wrote anything over here. I just read the little article about the new movie ... release date 2005? Is that true? That's about three years for producing a movie. I thought the first news leaked out in 2002
It did, and some movies can take up to 10 years or so to be produced, so we are not quite at the stage of worrying about it happening or not. Not everything in Hollywood goes at the speed of light, a lot of it is bound by red tape, or creative differences. Even a fast tracked movie can get knocked off by the little things of human nature. :)
I am working on a fanfic episode right now, I love to write fanfic, and am also working on a Star Trek novel.
Oooooo, more fanfic! More! More! More. :dance:

KI

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:02 pm

Thanks KI love that cool guy... Did you get him of one of those sites... Send the site please if so, or did you make him?? :)

As I'm sure you noticed I started a thread about my fanfic idea... :o

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:16 pm

You mean the little dance guy? He's one of the emoticons that Neil has on the board. :)

KI

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:42 pm

:dance: This guy is new he wasn't there before lol. Glad you are glad that I am writing fanfic! :D :dance: more fanfic! MORE FANFIC! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: lol thats great! Nice one neps!

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:22 pm

i read with shear FEAR somewhere (might have been the board, or somewhere else, dunno can't remember - d'oh!) that they are thinking of going the "comedy action" route of charlie's angels!!

please God no!!

i don't know of a single fan of the original CA's series that likes the movies, or vice versa. personally, i thought the movies were absolutely terrible, complete trash. all that rubbish wire-fu fighting and in the end it took the p##s out of the original show rather than paying homage to it in any way - in my opinion. if this happens to KR it will be a travesty!! after the ranting i gave after seeing what they had done to bad boys 2 when i came outta the cinema i don't think they'll let me in if the KR movie goes the CA route lol.
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)