First Knight Rider memory??

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Moof
Stranger

First Knight Rider memory??

Post by Moof » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:43 pm

I remember a LONG time ago when i was really little, I was with my uncle and a car show was going on. We went to look at the cars and there in a tent was KITT. Doors open and Tv's on showing an episode. I was so amazed i mean here was the crime fighting car i watched on Tv not 10 feet from me. And then the best part i got to sit in the drivers seat. I mean for alittle kid this was the greatest moment ever. All i remember is thinking WOW this car is really big. I just thought id share this with all the members and introduce myself. My name is Dave i live in Arlington Texas with my wife who is a shade over three months pregnant with our first baby. Just wanted to say hi and see what everyone elses first memory of Knight Rider is.

nivek
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by nivek » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:02 pm

welcome to the world of the knight rider fan

that would be relly cool

Meow
Volunteer

Post by Meow » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:19 pm

Hi and welcome!! I dont really remember the first episode that I ever saw, but I do remember that when I was young and I did something bad it was the first thing my parents said I couldnt do. Not getting to watch Knight Rider was like the worst punishment. Lets just say I wasnt bad all that often. ha ha

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:36 am

my first memory..
laughing at david hasselhoff and edward mulhare's last names. other than that, i guess i dont remember my first memory of kr. :P

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:31 am

I was already a teen when Knight Rider started (but a YOUNG teen!) so my first memory was the teaser commercial comparing KITT to the General Lee the summer before KR premiered. I remember thinking that the car looked cool (we only saw the outside and didn't know that it talked yet) but I was worried about the word "knight" in the title. I thought that maybe it was about a medieval knight that somehow got brought into the present and went around doing chivalrous deeds in his black car.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Ghost-Unmade
Rookie

Post by Ghost-Unmade » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:10 am

My first memory was seeing the teaser for "Trust Doesn't Rust" which would air later that week. I looked forward to it all week, and when the day came, I was in my backyard playing baseball with a bunch of other kids. My mom yelled out the door that it was coming on, and while AT BAT, I dropped everything and ran inside.

The other kids were highly irritated. ;)

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:41 am

My first memory of KR is from the 80's. I missed the pilot episode and the next day I went to watch it from vcr to the friends place. I was then about 9 years old and I was hooked right away to KR :D
Now the series is re-running and some episodes I saw last time in the 80's and don't remember them very well. It's like seeing those episodes for the first time :)

-KITTfan-

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:52 pm

My first memory was when I was a little kid, and my mom, who was ga-ga for Hasselhoff at the time, insisted that we were going to watch this new show Knight Rider that was coming on. I kept giving my mother grief about it, I was much more interested in frying Barbie. (Destructive little wench, I tell ya ;) ) But we sat down, and watched it, and the moment I saw that beautiful black car, I was hooked. After that, I didn't miss an episode, even if others had to forsake watching something for it, I didn't care, I would throw a world class tantrum if they wouldn't let me watch my car. :)

KI

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:13 pm

i remember my parents putting me in front of the tv watching nbc, so i would stay still enough for them to actually be able to cut my hair when i was like 3 or 4 years old. That show was the only thing that could keep me planted in one spot for an hour. I don't remember what shows i saw first, i do remember tearing up when i saw the juggernut completely destroy kitt into pieces, i think i must have been in kidnegarden then.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:14 pm

My first memory was watching the pilot when I was 2 and got hooked from then onwards cos of what the car could do(obviously).

After that, I got to watching them but I distinctly remember watching 'junk yard dog' for the first time and getting upset cos kitt had 'died'. lol.

it was funny, whenever michael or kitt had temporarily come to a halt, i got upset.

well, i was a kid, what can i say.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:38 am

My first memory was watching the KR intro. Can't remember how old I was, 3 or 4 maybe. But I remember sitting down and seeing KITT speeding towards me, and just as he was about to hit me I dived out the way! :lol: I was a kid - young and clearly stupid. Ok, nothing has changed apart from my age, but anyway I digress.

After that I looked back up, and the voiceover came on "Knight Rider", and I remember looking at KITT speeding along, with his red eye flashing away... I was totally mesmorised. That coupled with the excellent theme tune - which concidentally I feel was way ahead of its time and is still a brilliant tune even today - led to a memory I will never forget.

Fortunately, nowadays I don't make diving maneouvres when KITT comes on screen, but I confess to doing it when rubbish like Big Brother comes on the telly. Argh, I'd swap a show about a talking car for "reality" shows any day of the week...