Ringtones?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sofchance
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Ringtones?

Post by sofchance » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:12 am

Okay everyone, I never thought I would get a cell phone but now I'm gonna get one (probably this weekend, right before classes start again).

I've already checked the web and found some really nice KR ringtones. Some of them are variations on the theme and some even have a bit of the incidental music - like a piece of the chase theme or something similar.

Does anyone have any KR tone they would recommend?

Also, it would help if I could find out what the costs are when getting a phone. As I understand it, you have to pay a lot for the phone itself, then pay for activation and get whatever provider you want (I'm thinking T-Mobile for myself, but I don't know yet). Is it worth is to get one of the advertised "free" phones? And how long does the battery usually last on a cell phone?

Thanks for any help!

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:59 am

There are a lot of free ringtones that you can compose on your phone, so you don't have to pay obscene amounts for a simple ringtone. Personally, I don't like any of the KR ringtones, though I haven't heard any polyphonic ones.

Battery life depends on phone usage. I have a Nokia 3510i and it lasts for days, provided I don't use it. However, once I was playing Snake like 24/7 to beat my high-score of 2000 and got 2441.

Unfortunately, it drained battery life pretty quick - in about two days. Like I said, depends on phone usage.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:43 am

Found this polyphonic tone, it's not that bad:

http://www.knightrideronline.com/files/knightrider.mid

As for what phones to get, you can usually do good with a free phone, depending on the provider, or one thats close to free. It depends on the feature set you want, color, polyphonic ring tones, camera ability, bluetooth, etc. You should also see what the coverage is like in your area with different providers. Visit a wireless forum such as howardforums.com and see if you can find some information from people in your area.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:29 pm

I've found one that I think is better. Has better levels and it seems to get all of the instruments in. Problem it is pay, and they only send it to people in Europe, so I can't download it to see how it sounds on the phone. They do have a preview of it online in both flash and quicktime.

http://www.yabedo.com/ringtones/id/50058/type/1

You can also search google for "knight rider" and "50058" and you can find alot of sites with this same sound, so you don't have to go with them. However, I still can't find a US sender... Bummer.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:56 pm

Yeah, that one is much better!! lmao sounds like the one from the Davilex game. I have a Nokia 7650 and that sounds perfect on my phine.

K.I.T.T

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:59 pm

phine? lmao.... thats meant to be "mine" lmao

K.I.T.T

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:55 pm

last year there was a guy in my class that had a knight rider ringtone.. how do i know this? it went off in class.
he had a verizon flip phone thing it looked like. more on the $$$ side.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SeiferV440
Volunteer

Post by SeiferV440 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:24 pm

neps wrote:I've found one that I think is better. Has better levels and it seems to get all of the instruments in. Problem it is pay, and they only send it to people in Europe, so I can't download it to see how it sounds on the phone. They do have a preview of it online in both flash and quicktime.

http://www.yabedo.com/ringtones/id/50058/type/1
Yo that definitley sounds betta than the other one Neps...

And yea... K.I.T.T. is right... the ringtone does kinda sound like the entrance theme from the Davilex game

Michael_Knight
Volunteer

Post by Michael_Knight » Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:49 pm

The best Knight Rider ringtone I have ever heard is available on the Sprint network. It does cost money ($1.50) but it's well worth it.

Here's an MP3 of the actual ringtone.

http://www.themusicsolution.com/media/a ... 0Rider.mp3

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:29 am

That for sure is a wicked ringtone!!! Is it just me or am i the only one Laughing my head off at the end of the tune?? lol

K.I.T.T

SeiferV440
Volunteer

Post by SeiferV440 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:05 am

Its you bro.... lol... but thats deifintly a wicked ass tune... probably the best one i heard as of yet

IceKnight
Rookie

Post by IceKnight » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:00 pm

I got one for my phone. I have a Motorola T720. Spent a decent chunk of change on it. I downloaded the ringtone off the "Get It Now" network (Verizon Wireless exclusive) from a website called ModTones. Its decent, and it was only $1.49.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:43 am

T-Mobile US has one on their T-Zones as well for $.99 which is pretty good, although it sounds different than any of the others on here. It's a shame they are copy protected because it would be interesting to share them to truely find the best of them.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:48 am

http://www.yabedo.com/ringtones/id/50058/type/1 this is the one i have onn my 7650 and its cool!

K.I.T.T

Tony ONeill
Volunteer

Post by Tony ONeill » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:57 am

Hi Im Tony

I manage a mobile phone store in Cardiff South Wales uk If you are getting pay and go they start from about £60 but if you want a top of the range phone then go for the SonyEricsson P800/802 as these are the best out there, you can also have the full theme tune as a ring tone, have you heared of the Knightrider junkee mix? if so you know how good this is, I have that on my P800

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:36 am

bet they are expensive lol.... would be cool though. Just wish i could use something else apart from Nokia lol

K.I.T.T

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:53 am

That one is my fav K.I.T.T, it sounds much more dynamic than some of the others I have heard. A shame you can only get it if you are in europe. :)

Yea, the P800 is a great phone, although the successor is supposed to be out soon which is thinner. I personally have the T610 (successor out soon) its a brick phone with thousands of color screens and built in camera, bluetooth so you can sync the phone, etc etc. this phone is relatively new on the American market, but if you are near a Chinatown or metropolitan city, you can find alot of people offering this phone for free or near it with a new activation.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:09 pm

I personally love my 7650, though im not sure if its old or new.... as i have not seen it in the shops much. I got mine as a free upgrade somehow by mistake LMAO retails for like £250 (im happy with that!!) It has a bulit in cam, bluetooth, color screen, java games etc and same as you its a brick... but a nice brick lol.

Just wish i knew how to set up the email on the darn thing as i would love to send pics to my site or computer..... Didnt you have some trouble with your phone Neil?

K.I.T.T

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:27 pm

Nope, didn't have any trouble at all really. Check out my personal blog at http://www.mediafactured.com/blog (view at your own risk :)) and you can see that I have this set up so I can send an email, and it will post as a blog entry with the photo. (although I am having trouble now with it, but I wasn't for awhile)

There are two ways to do this. If you'ld like to know how, you can contact me in email or start a thread in the lounge area.

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:25 pm

You guys should pity me then, with a ratty old Nokia 5110 GSM that I keep pulling apart and fixing when it chucks a wobbly. Well, it is pretty reliable, I must admit. The most technological thing it does is send SMS's, and display my own personal Knight Rider logo. I want a new one with all those gadgets you guys have! Neps, what brand is the T610? Is it GSM or CDMA? (That's if you guys HAVE CDMA.)
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

Tony ONeill
Volunteer

Post by Tony ONeill » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:52 am

Hi guys, For those of you who want the junkee mix as a ringtone, (only certain phones) IE Nokia 7650, 3650, Sonyericsson p800/802 and other video player phones, all you have to do is what I did. I downloaded the junkee mix video off the net, then went to downloads.com and typed in mp4 in the search bar.
download the s4 player and convert the windows media file into mp4 as the junkee mix will not play without being converted. I not only have it as a ringtone, i can play the video on my phone that goes with it. Now that is cool.

Tony

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:30 am

Now i am going to try this tonight!! i would love that on my 7650!! Thanks for the heads up!

K.I.T.T

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:54 pm

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:39 pm

Thanks for those Sith, helpfull as always! A shame these things don't have creator tags, because some are becoming hard to distinguish from others so we can't even tell if we are all giving each other the same theme. :)

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:49 pm

lol... true. I'm sure there must be someone on this forum who is musically talented that could make us a decent midi ringtone.

Any takers? :)