New Vice City page

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New Vice City page

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:58 pm

Hey everyone!!

I have finished some new pages for KITT in vice city.... i thought after all if hes now in the game he should at least have a few pages about it after all!!! lol check them out below

http://www.knightrideruk.co.uk/vice.html

K.I.T.T

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:15 am

Y'know, playing VC as KITT made me think a little. This is similar to how the new Knight Rider game should be like. Not always in the city, maybe some desert scenes too.

When I was getting chased by the police whilst in KITT, being able to turbo boost over the road block was great. However, it would have been to have a smokescreen/oil spill/rocket boosters to lose the chasing cops.

Man, I wish I'd made screen-grabs of that scene. It was well cool.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:37 am

Knight2000, did you get the wheel mod working?

K.I.T.T

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:27 pm

Yeah dude, it works. Those wheels look so close to the original, they're good enough to eat! :P

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:02 pm

hehehe cool!!!

K.I.T.T

KalEl
Volunteer

Post by KalEl » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:36 pm

Now is this K.I.T.T. or K.A.R.R. that you drive in the game? K.I.T.T.'s primary programming does not allow him to harm people and althought I've never played the game, I thought that part of the gameplay was being able to run people over with your car. K.I.T.T. would never allow this to happen so I'm assumming that the car in the game must be K.A.R.R. from the episode Trust Doesn't Rust being that he's all black in color and has a red scanner.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: New Vice City page

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:10 am

K.I.T.T wrote:Hey everyone!!

I have finished some new pages for KITT in vice city.... i thought after all if hes now in the game he should at least have a few pages about it after all!!! lol check them out below

http://www.knightrideruk.co.uk/vice.html

K.I.T.T
I tried going to your cheats section there's a downlaod.I tried downlaoding it and the problem is its a corrupt zip file.Any chance you can have it directly on the site?

I replaced the police car with kitt so that when you want to you can just kill people,then when the cops show up you kill them and take the car(makes for alot more ways to find kitt including the police precinct).The awesome part is that you can now do vigilante missions.Which means you are basicly taking out the bad guys.Another advantage is that 4 people can get in the car instead of the usual 2 in any coupe.

I love the shine that kitt has.

I've completed 153 vigilante missions in an hour and a half using kitt.I just wish I can use the vice city mod manager to replace the bad karr skin i used on the pheonix and kitt at the same time.They both look great.

About the handling of the car,I used a car editing program I found on a site to basicly replicate the handling of the cheetah and increase the acceleration and top speed of kitt the police car.This way he truely is the safest,strongest,and fastest car in the world or at least vice city.I also lowered the destruction level to 0.01 which makes it incredible hard to destroy kitt unless he flips upside down.I managed to flip him many many times and he always lands on his tires.I used to play vice city for hours and days on end because it was just fun,now its because Ive got an awesome car I can do the missions in.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Re: New Vice City page

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:09 am

Knight Racer wrote:
I replaced the police car with kitt
But then KITT isn't so unique - he becomes "common" :shock: lol

I replaced the Zebra taxi with KITT. The only downside to that is those freaking Haitans are always there, trying to kill me or, occasionally, one of them runs off with KITT :cry:
I managed to flip him many many times and he always lands on his tires.
Hehe, good for you :D Unfortunately, for me, KITT only occasionally lands on his tyres. Having said that, it probably IS because of the awkward positions I start off in before I turbo boost 8)
Now is this K.I.T.T. or K.A.R.R. that you drive in the game? K.I.T.T.'s primary programming does not allow him to harm people and althought I've never played the game, I thought that part of the gameplay was being able to run people over with your car. K.I.T.T. would never allow this to happen so I'm assumming that the car in the game must be K.A.R.R. from the episode Trust Doesn't Rust being that he's all black in color and has a red scanner.
Dude, this is a mod for Vice City, not a Knight Rider game. Basically all it does is give a specific car in the game a new skin - it changes the way it looks and handles. And that is it. The scanner doesn't move left to right or anything, 'KITT' doesn't talk, dirve by itself or anything, except turbo boost, and that's only because when you complete 100 taxi missions, all taxis have the ability to jump on command.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:18 am

Knight Racer: I don't know which file you are saying is corrupt. But you can try going to the mod authors original website and see if the file is better there for you: http://www.philsfiles.de

And KalEl, to echo what Knight2000 said, this is not supposed to be a Knight Rider game. It's Vice City, and at its core it goes against everything KITT stands for cause it's very much about stealing, and theving and doing whatever you can to survive. If you are looking for morals, this game really isn't for you.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:34 pm

[quote="neps"]Knight Racer: I don't know which file you are saying is corrupt. But you can try going to the mod authors original website and see if the file is better there for you: http://www.philsfiles.de

I went to the knight rider vice city page which is the first link in this thread on the first post.I went to the downloads and cheats section.There you see a link for complete cheats for pc.When I downloaded it it said it was corrupt.

Heres the direct link to the cheats download:

http://www.knightrideruk.co.uk/vicy%20city%20cheats.zip

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:51 pm

http://www.knightrideruk.co.uk/vicecitycheats.zip

Thats the file you want. All problems have been sorted now... so i hope you all enjoy. Any other probs email on webmaster@knightrideruk.com

K.I.T.T

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:10 pm

Thank you very much K.I.T.T. I realy appreciate the cheats all in 1 notepad.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:09 pm

Glad i could help, i will update that page soon with all the playstation cheats too. Aswell as a screen grab section so email me if any of you get some good ones! hehhe

K.I.T.T

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:17 am

I used to have 2 great screen grabs.One was of 2 Michael Knight impersonators fighting eachother right over kitt in the background in a mall.The other was kitt and karr parked next to eachother in my mansion garage at Verceti Estate.

I did figure another cool trick in the game.Use the still like dressing up code to change the character to all the different figures in the game and you will eventualy get to the Michael Knight impersonator.

About the impersonator,I once pulled him out of a ferari lookalike,the cheetah,and when I took him out he started running for the hills.Some people fight but this guy was a woosie all the way.Thats why when I see them on the sidewalks I run them over.Theres the boat corner of the map where theres like 30 of them there trying to kill you so I take my car and rammed like 5 of them through while they were trieing to shoot at me.Next time Im just gonna ram the car as fast as I can at them and hit the exit car key which sends the car off on its own forward into anything.Kinda makes me feel like kitt is driving himself.

I found an area where you make the any car you drive into a bomb when you get out of the car you have a detonator which will blow it up when you press the trigger.

I'm going to try for the turbo boost feature.everyone says you need to complete 100 taxi missions,is that all in 1 shot or can you break it up and keep saving?I'm going to make a audio track full of Michael Knight and kitt clips to put in the personal mp3 folder.I hate having to run around the city finding one car.Which is one of the reasons I made kitt a police car.You do something bad and bam there he is ready fro you to mug a cop.

I love making my guy look like Michael,driving kitt around as the cops and basicly using vigilante mode to simulate kitt tapping the police frequency.

I realy agree to the previous post about how this is what Knight Rider game should be like in knight rider 2.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:59 am

I can't even get it to work for some reason, won't let me rename or replace files using the img tool, I've changed the read only option for the gta3.img file as well, still says file may be in use. Any suggestions? I'm running Windoze 2000 Pro. Thanks a lot!

Stylez

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:24 am

Have you tried the wheel mod?That may be one problem.Another is that sometimes you have to edit the dff files in gta.img and the texture files in the txd.img.I was having many problems replacing the cars in vice city little by little I got passed most of them.Now I'm working on the mod manager problem.It installs the cars and replaces them for you.Only prob is that theres no color.Sort of like when you program a character in a game but without colors.It all looks like white polygons.You could realy see kitt's front nose realy clearly.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:53 pm

Knight Racer wrote: I'm going to try for the turbo boost feature.everyone says you need to complete 100 taxi missions,is that all in 1 shot or can you break it up and keep saving?
Luckily, the taxi missions are the only ones you can do in bits and bobs, rather than in one go, which is the way for all of the other missions, eg Paramedic, Vigilante, Pizza Boy etc.

I loved doing turbo boosts off ramps and stuff. The best is in Vice Port. You occasionally get a lorry with a ramp on its trailer, so you can turbo boost off a moving ramp, like in the Slammin' Sammy's Stuntshow ep of KR.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:44 pm

I love doing the trick jumps and dangerous stunts.My highest jump was in front of the amunition station with the huge flight of stairs on the side of a building located on the upper left side of the map.I went as high as 186 feet off the ground.Try doing that with a truck with ramps or those things at the airport.I also love taking kitt into the water and using the seaways cheat so you can drive on water.the gta model kitt has the right dash the function.Reminds me alot of return to cadiz.