Official (working) Cheats for Knight Rider The Game

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Official (working) Cheats for Knight Rider The Game

Post by Sith » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:58 am

In the name entry screen enter the following:

roam01

or:

power01

(notice the zero before the one at the end of both words)

The first cheat (roam01) gives you access to all tracks in Mission Mode.

The second cheat (power01) gives you access to
SPM (Super Pursuit Mode) in all levels.

In fact you can also turn the cheats OFF, by entering:

roam00

or:

power00

(two zero's at the end of each word).

I'm afraid that's all there is..... there are no other cheats.

This is direct from Davilex by the way. :)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:45 am

Very cool! Now we know. Thanks!

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:18 am

Im really dissapointed by Davilex. They came here and said there would be some cool cheats that they would not go into (like any of us would have figured those darn codes out!!!).... did i read it right that KIFT would be in the game as a cheat and you would be able to play as KARR without modding the INI files? I mean gee it doent take long to work out how you add SPM in all levels aswell as opening all missions. Ahh well, i will be thankful theres any at all. I mentioned it on KR-UK but well done for finding that out Sith, it anwsers the long outdated thread here regarding cheats.

Nick

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:54 pm

The KIFT was a rumor that probably got started on this board. Davilex never said that KIFT would be in the game at all. Many people said "Wouldn't it be cool if you could play as KIFT."

On Page 14: http://bb.knightrideronline.com/viewtopic.php?t=160

Whitebird asked:
Q1: Which type of characters will you be able to sue in the game?....Meaning is there a cheat that enables the player to use goliath, or KARR?....
Q2: Is the Red model of KITT, The Knight 4000 availabe?....If so...Do the new/old fuctions apply?
Q3: Since your company has acuired the rights of Knight rider, then you must has heard of the rumor about the new game "Grand Theft Auto 4, vice City"....Well the rumor is, that the player will be able to drive KITT, And other 80's Vehicles from other shows, if so, do you have any iNfo on this rumor if it is true or false>?
Q4: Will their be ANY official cheats?...Not Game shark type hacks, I mean certain cheats the player would be able to type in, or perhaps button combinations to get special functions?>...If so please explain....
To which Teunstah replied:
WhiteKnight:
Q1: There are several cheats in the game, and as you might have guessed I'm not telling.......yet.......
Q2: Really wanna know?......nope, isn't there
Q3: Heard the rumor too, don't know really. Also don't know how that goes legally, I know we needed clearance for using the Pontiac so....
Q4: yes there are cheats that can be accessed by the player.
So as you can see, Davliex never falsely got our hopes up in this respect. They said there were cheats, but not that they were cool. They plainly said no KIFT.

It was our own desires led us to believe that these cheats would unlock new things. What people are finding in the code is probably just remnants of what may have been if they had more time. Like someone mentioned, you can find code mentioning a model of Neo for the "Enter The Matrix" game, but there is no way to actually access him in the game. So too is the same for KR: Game. They probably started to work on KIFT and other levels, but in the end they were abandoned.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:21 pm

Is ok Neil, i was just saying dude. I just think its a little disappointing thats all............. but then you can put that down to not being easily satisfied.

K.I.T.T

KARR 2000
Rookie

Post by KARR 2000 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:26 am

You can also change aplication.ini file. Yust make sure you make a copy of it. (if you screw it up)
You go down till you see: [SuperPursuitMode]. Then you change line limitratio = 0.67. The bigger the number the faster Kitt can go.
So...... I have no idea what to write here.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:03 pm

Yeah theres quite abit people have found out on those INI files. But yeah like KARR 2000 said make sure you back up your files..... if you forget just reinstall the game again.

K.I.T.T

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:06 pm

The bad thing, or the disappointing thing is that you can't edit those files for the PS2 version, which means those folks are out of luck. A proper cheat system, like what was mentioned (:)) would have helped.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:53 pm

well they will just have to get the pc version just to play these (non offical) cheats then! Simple.

Nick

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm

not so simple, when you are talking at least a thousand dollars to get a system just to be able to edit the files. Not really worth it. Just saying they should approach the next game with the ability to allow modification of the game play for everyone who purchased.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:10 pm

Well ok let me put it a different way then. Those of which have a copy of Knight Rider for the PS2 who have posted here will already have a computer anyway!! KRO ->interent->computer. All it means is picking up a cheap copy on ebay and hey presto! All those who dont have a PC wont know about these cheats anyway........right?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:24 pm

Thats assuming they have an up to date system with the latest video card, and have a Windows based system. I have a Mac, as do others, Jup posts from a Dreamcast for pete's sake. There are even some WebTV users. So just because they have access to the internet and this board, doesn't mean they can play the game on anything but a PS2. ;)

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:33 pm

Ok well i was not aware a dreamcast was capable of that.............. as for Macs, well i wont start on that. lol

K.I.T.T

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:17 pm

neps wrote:Jup posts from a Dreamcast for pete's sake.
omg... painful... :lol:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:18 pm

Sith wrote:
omg... painful... :lol:
Well I was just saying that to prove a point, I wont get into how crazy I think that is. :)

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:15 pm

Gee ok if this was about point making then i would have stuck out of it. :roll:

Nick

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:44 pm

Know what the most painful part about it is???

When I get a virus, (way too often, BTW) it totally has nowhere to go and nothing to do until I use the almighty 'DELETE' on it. (Or, power key. How many PC/Mac users can claim to destroy virii with nothing more than a single switch? (Horrible virus makers!!!))

I dare not browse by e-mail with my PC (which, again, stopped working the other week) to get a virus. Then, I'd have a headache just trying to get rid of it. And, my KR game might become corrupt.

Oh, yes. I used to be a regular PC user. Cursing at it's unreliability all the time. Then, watching everything fall apart, time and time again. I've become pretty anti-PC. (At least, when it comes to on-line stuff.) But, the DC gives me the ease of surfing the net without threat of virus from my TV viewing chair. (Not a stiff, computer chair.)

Besides, these days, if my DreamCast should ever break down, (Poor air flow design. I'm surprised it hasn't broiled itself to death by now.) I can always replace it for a scant $35. Try buying a powerful PC or Mac for that price.

Oh, and I almost left out how I don't get Carpel Tunnel by avoiding the constant use of dragging a computer mouse.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:52 pm

On the other hand, there is always that problem of not being able to see everything the PC/Mac sees, and not knowing about it until you encounter a PC owner.

Then there are the problems that the Dreamcast has been throwing that you, yourself, jup, have mentioned about this board....

So there are downsides to it.

And out of curiousity, how did you manage to anger so many people to end up with so many viruses against you that you have landed in that position? I mean, Neil, Mike, Paul of the Knight Rider Archive, Scott K and I have been in much more limelight when it comes to exposure due to our sites, and yet, you are the one who has come to the point of where you are. Just always wondered about that.

And one other little note. I don't even have to press the key. The AV scan does it for me. ;)

KI

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:18 am

Got me.

I don't think they are intended virus attacks. They look more like those common, mass spreading virii that nobody knows about until it's too late, spreading like wild fire on an invisible level.

I can tell, because the DC displays the code of the virus, rather than executing it. Nine out of ten times, it's the same virus with a different topic. They seem to average one out of every one hundred spams. (I'm at the point where one hundred spams are surpassed each day.) I just haven't placed a total stop to it by cancelling the account.

You TRUST your anti-virus program to give you total protection? It's only as good as the people keeping it updated. Not to mention the database storage sites securred. Remember: All it takes to get into your PC (and thousands of others) is for a hacker to crack into those "vaults" of anti-virus protocol updates and slip in a few virii. Then, just let the un-suspecting anti-virus program "welcome in" the invading program as on of it's own. Once done, anything can happen. The very first being that your main source of protection becomes invisibly disarmed.

Sure, your program TELLS YOU that you are safe. But, is it REALLY STILL in control? How can you be sure? If you are sure, then that's good. At least, it shows that you aren't worried about how smart the hackers keep getting against constantly aging technology.

And, it's very true that the DC browser is far from perfect. Some sites lock it up. JavaScripts can execute oddly, or not at all. (The JS in this posting screen thinks all this text doesn't exist, until I use a smiley...that doesn't even really get posted. Go figure.) Even, the on-board Flash was way outdated when PlanetWeb installed it. And, there are newer technologies that it will never support. But, options are few. There's the wildly popular and targeted Window's Internet Explorer, a handful of Window's browsers that few people use, (or even know about, including Netscape) the Mac computer, WebTV, various mobile phones, a few odd ball internet devices that go with services and the Sega machines. Someday, PS3 may emerge as another console net machine. But, overall, options are still few.

PlanetWeb browser 1 was a total piece of junk. I'd just throw that one away.

Browser 2 (the one I use) isn't perfect. But, it's overall stable.

Browser 3 was their idea of a modern day IE imitation. The limited number of discs skunked a majority of the DC fan base. And, for those who actually could get a disc, (Money didn't matter. Quantities were limited by the low amount of time given.) many gave reports on how all the new junk made the whole thing one hugh train wreck with constant crashes.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:09 pm

Remember me quoting that DreamCast's go for $35? Even THAT'S outdated information.

NOW, this virus-unfriendly plaatform with a decent amount of power can be bought for the joke-of-a-price tag of $19.99 at Electronics Boutique! A controller should be included. As well as a modem. You should pick up either a keyboard or a keyboard adapter. (Typing via an on-screen keyboard IS NO FUN.) I think they both run about $10. Them $5 memory cards are a good idea, but optional. And, of course, you need a 2.something browser. While hard to find, they should run you upwards of a single dollar.

Mock the little orphan Sega machine all you want. But, at those prices, THERE IS NO REASON everyone shouldn't pick one up as an emergency machine. (For when all those mighty PC's/Mac's have to eventually go into the repair shop for a week or more.) I sort of doubt that even a working 486 at the thrift store can match such a price.

Hey. At that price, I'm buying one to use at my place of work during breaks. Why not? I pay $20 in gas per week. So, why not have a little fun for the price of a single tank of gas?

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:30 pm

And might I add that you pick up Shenmue 1 and 2 with your Dreamcast purchase. Still my fave games ever :D

Marcelius
Volunteer

Post by Marcelius » Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:46 pm

First of all...jup is right. The Dreamcast is a great system and I love mine to death...and yes...I agree that Shenmue 1 and 2 were the best games ever made for Dreamcast! I have them both and love them to death :D

Dreamcast's are very cheap in price and worth the money spent to buy them :)....I've spent a LOT on mine...I have over 30 games, 4 controllers, a keyboard, and a lightgun.....House of the Dead 2, anyone? :wink:

Anyway...glad to see people still love the Dreamcast...and jup no matter what anyone tells you...you aren't weird....just insane...It is true I love the Dreamcast...but I would never in a million years...try using it to surf the net...It is strictly a games machine :P

knight 2000
Stranger

Post by knight 2000 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:08 am

i don't see any reason for the cheats to the game because i completed the game guide easily within a week of getting it on hard level

so why do we need these cheats also when i tried the super pursuit mode cheat i ended up flying through the air on the training level and i don't mean from the ground i mean i started in the air and then i fell through the seneri (sorry if spelling is wrong)

:evil:

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:54 pm

Well, I slightly over-estimated the value of those $19.99 machines. First off, you need the EB magazine to cut the coupon out of. (Except for the dotted line, it didn't look like a coupon at all.) Else, you are looking at $39.99 machines. Second, I bought two DC's for that price. (One for a friend.) Had to take both back the following couple of days. (One couldn't load discs and was unresponsive. The other had bad video.) At least, the replacements were in better shape. (One worked after I thoroughly cleaned it. It still had a very stiff drive motor. The other must have been seldomly used.) Still, three out of four units were barely worth the $20.

Couple Questions, Marcelius. 1) Have you ever tried surfing the net with a DreamCast? 2) If so, what version browser did you use? 3) Did you do it without the keyboard? (If so, why???)

If you used any browser below a version 2, I understand your gripe. Because, that piece of junk makes the DreamCast look like something the WebTV unit should be stepping on. It's SO laughable a joke, PlanetWeb should be tatooed with shame for even releasing it. Combine that with the on-screen keyboard and it would make almost anyone run screaming from their TV's.

Version 2 is more like surfing the net with Opera. (A third party browser for the PC.) It will get you by...most of the time. (If only M$ had made the browser. Then, there would have been another government lawsuit, I'm sure.)

Want to know what's insane? I paid $45 for the 3.0, "modern day" browser. I can't wait to see how good (or bad :( ) it is. (If bad, it's going right back up on e-bay.)

Oh, and...how are the lightgun games? Does the gun seem pretty accurate? I own the PlayStation gun. And, it's so in-accurate, it makes the games intollerable to play.

You mentioned liking House of the Dead 2. Ever try 'The Typing of the Dead'? Odd idea. According to the many reviews at GameFAQs, it's an odd idea that works extremely well. Got a lot of 10/10 ratings.